Keith Yandle (A)
|
Michael Stone​
Rostislav Klesla​
|
David Schlemko​

Goalie​
Smith​

A rare scheduling quirk gives Los Angeles a chance at another home victory over Phoenix, which has set an unpleasant team record by being shut out for three straight games -- four in a row on the road.

The Coyotes haven't scored in a span of 194 minutes, 5 seconds since rookie Rob Klinkhammer beat Jonathan Quick with 9:05 remaining last week.

The Coyotes are among the worst road teams in the NHL at 3-7-3, and their three-game overall slide is their longest of the season. Still, they're tied with San Jose for the eighth and final playoff position in the crowded Western Conference.

Mike Smith was pulled in favor of Jason LaBarbera in the third period Monday after yielding four goals on 22 shots. Before Monday, he had posted a 1.00 GAA and two shutouts in seven career games at Los Angeles, including the postseason.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400442911

Last edited:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Not sure if I want Smith or LaBarbera to start this one.

Vrbata and/or Michalek returning would be absolutely huge for this team.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Not even sure what to say. Let's win I guess? :dunno:

Hell, getting a goal should be top priority right now :laugh:

DT in the dressing room:
"Alright boys, tonight's game plan is to get a goal. Let's get lots of pucks on net."

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
In past years, they owned the road but struggled at home. What gives?

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Tyson Nash Keys to the Game:

1. Score a Goal
2. Score
3. Score early, score often

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
In past years, they owned the road but struggled at home. What gives?

The schedule.......on both fronts. The brutal schedule with the B2B's and 3 in 4 nights is a huge advantage for the home team and rough on road teams. As Sutter said "the schedule has won us some games and lost us some games"

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
If there was EVER a game to get the first goal......it's tonight. I'm guessing it's Klinkhammer!

albertabound

Jan 25, 2008
Is Klinkhammer in and ready to fist a cuff with Nolan, King or Clifford. These 3 goons will goon it up if Biz is not in. We need Biz in!:yo:

MP

Feb 8, 2008
They haven't scored in so long it's like they've gone straight edge.

DirtDogMesa

STH Sec 208 Row A
Oct 10, 2011
Mesa
Might be time for a Tim Tebow approve GDT? I think those worked pretty well in the past. Maybe Photoshoped into a Rattlers Snake Skin Jersey for good measure. Go Yotes...better win a few in a row/ROW if you want me to E-sign than STH & SCPO Package renewal they sent out today. Talk about bad timing!

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
I will miss the game as I will be on the ice myself. I hardly ever score goals - I think I have maybe 4 goals in my entire career (all 11 months of it) - but I think tonight, it will be ME that gets the first goal of our scrimmage, just because if the Coyotes aren't going to put it in the net, someone else has to step up to the plate and do it.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Yay, a hobbled Vrby will boost this team into the playoffs!!!

Geezus, we have sucked balls so far.

middlebrook

Aug 26, 2011
Is Klinkhammer in and ready to fist a cuff with Nolan, King or Clifford. These 3 goons will goon it up if Biz is not in. We need Biz in!:yo:

Biz sucks I would way rather have Klinkhammer in!! I would rather have a guy that can actually score a goal then a guy play 4 minutes for a fight.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Just as long as he isn't put out of commission right away. Hate to have him try to come back too early and just aggravate the injury further.

IIRC it was a bone injury not soft tissue. If he's playing that should mean he's good to go. Hopefully not too rusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad