OT: Covid-19 (Part 55) Cold & Snowy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
The scapegoating of the unvaccinated is getting really undignified.

Before you ask, I'm vaccinated. Also, I'm aware of the total lack of class from some unvaccinated circles; However, there is no equivalence there, since the balance of power is completely skewed in favor of the scapegoaters, both politically, financially and culturally.

I don't care about the issue at hand, I'm just enraged when I see powerful people kicking on the weak from the safety of their ivory tower.

Last edited:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Also Quebec is a gigantic failure in this wave, and Legault and Dubé and the other sticky uncles should own it and take responsibility instead of using high school yard tactics. They failed monumentally; It's on them, to the extent that they shared the complete lack of foresight of their predecessors. There is no magical solution to a Top 5 all-time worldwide pandemic. But school still unventilated? The INSPQ still having an ambiguous speech about N95s? Come on, this is embarrassing.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ

Before you ask, I'm vaccinated. Also, I'm aware of the total lack of class from some unvaccinated circles; However, there is no equivalence there, since the balance of power is completely skewed in favor of the scapegoaters, both politically, financially and culturally.

I don't care about the issue at hand, I'm just enraged when I see powerful people kicking on the weak from the safety of their ivory tower.
"the weak"? the unvaccinated are victims now? the guys who stubbornly refuse to buy into a treatment that'll help everybody?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
"the weak"? the unvaccinated are victims now? the guys who stubbornly refuse to buy into a treatment that'll help everybody?

Yes, many of them are marginalized people, be it ethnically, socioeconomically and/or psychologically.

If you must take drastic measures for the greater good, you ought to do it with a gravitas that is currently lacking by influential politicians, journalists, columnists and popular artists. They seem to take this as a sick game reminiscent of high school cabals. This is a huge signal that our system is dysfunctional to get quality people to the top in all spheres of society. The selection process is obviously broken.

Last edited:

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Yes, many of them are marginalized people, be it ethnically, socioeconomically and/or psychologically.

If you must take drastic measures for the greater good, you ought to do it with a gravitas that is currently lacking by influential politicians, journalists, columnists and popular artists. They seem to take this as a sick game reminiscent of high school cabals. This is a huge signal that our system is dysfunctional to get quality people to the top in all spheres of society. The selection process is obviously broken.
among the unvaccinated, how many are 'marginalized' as you say?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
For example, a curfew is a very radical measure. Maybe a pandemic situation could justify it, but probably not. Clearly, the CAQ only reinstated it recently as a political move, to give the appearance of being proactive. Look, everybody is used to politicians playing the political game, but this is a grave offense, if you're using a radical measure just to jump from one poll to the next. No gravitas at all. They took this decision more or less lightly, because the curfew is now trivialized. The populace told them to eat it, so they stepped back. But still they did reinstate it for no other reason than score political points.

The situation is even graver when the people in power throw oil in the fire to scapegoat individuals.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
among the unvaccinated, how many are 'marginalized' as you say?

More than 100k and that should be enough to give you pause about amalgamingly scapegoating them.

It may be more than 300k. That's a lot of souls to kick while they are down. Note I'm not even saying don't do it, but do it with the gravitas transpiring behind your every claim, behind your every move. They are failing at this, and that makes them undignified and unworthy leaders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sthabs

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
The minor hockey rules for a return to play are just f ing ridicoulus, I hope it all changes in Feb or that the Government make an announcement soon on sports

I want beer league hockey back.

As pathetic as it is, I need this or my mental health big-time. :(

And I feel bad for those kids man. I am trying to imagine myself as a teen and not be able to play hockey, I would have gone crazy.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
I want beer league hockey back.

As pathetic as it is, I need this or my mental health big-time. :(

And I feel bad for those kids man. I am trying to imagine myself as a teen and not be able to play hockey, I would have gone crazy.
Same here, use to play 2-3 time a week but my 7y son is asking every time there’s a press conference if hockey is back

Reactions: Cypruss and Licou

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Dude what the f*** did the unvaccinated expect?

At the get go from this, I said people who refused to vaccinate would suffer social stigma and social consequences. I said they would be vilified and isolated from the rest of society.

People on this very board told me they did not believe me and that they wouldn't care even if it happened.

No bitching allowed now, this is 100% their choice. They chose this knowing what the consequences would be.

And there is a way out available at a moment's notice.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Wasn't team sports allowed again starting this week? I remember reading something about that last week.

Presser at 2pm today.

Yep, hockey Quebec shared a document where we need to split the ice in 6 zones and can only have 1 bubble per zone... so most of the time 1 player per zone lol. Most team in my region opted out of that because the municipality is not paying for ice team, the org/team has to so it's ridiculous to pay for that.

Still don't understand why we need to keep bubbles at hockey when they are all going to school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad