OT: Covid-19 (Part 43) Let 'em in

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I was unaware I could cross the border?

I know people will justify the actions of their government until the bitter end, and I understand this. But I don't choose to live my life deferring common sense decisions to unelected government officials.

and people claiming the government is making the right decisions all the time, really need to step back.

The recent, horrifying case of the indigenous children in Canada proves how government policy is usually NOT in the best interest of the people they claim to represent. In this case, those poor kids had no one. (I know, I know, apples 2 oranges, blah) But my main point is Government usually gets it wrong. History is a tell.
Then I feel you. Having not seen your family so long because of the border closures is tough, I agree.

Reactions: campmolson19

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I was unaware I could cross the border?

I know people will justify the actions of their government until the bitter end, and I understand this. But I don't choose to live my life deferring common sense decisions to unelected government officials.

(MOD)

Well you can leave Canada any time, and if you are a Canadian living in the US you can come back. The border is closed to enter Canada for non-Canadian citizens, and if you aren't Canadian, the liberty to enter Canada was never really one you had in the first place. Tourists entering has always been at Canada's discretion.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Don't like the sudden spike in Delta cases in Québec, since 48 hours. From 35 cases (stable for weeks) to 70...Montreal has had 21 cases for days. Up to 40 in 48 hours, 15 in Monteregie...

Depends on where the spike is coming from:
If it's from infection in the last 48h, then 1 in 4 new cases are Delta.
If it come from the 40 000+ samples we have in backlog then it's a bit less concerning, because it's pretty obvious that we had more than 35 cases of Delta in the province, it was just unaccounted for.

Reactions: dinodebino

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If this is confirmed as fact it needs to be plastered on billboards, absorbed by the public and government decision-makers alike. Vaccinated people are safe from the virus and should therefore be cleared from restrictions.

True....but then how to make the difference between the vaccinated and unvaccinated.
There lies all the problem

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
2 dose since the 28.

Have to say my second moderna dose really destroyed me for 24h, not everybody is the same but got the shot a 6:30 pm on the 28, woke up at 2-3 am the 29th and it was like a really bad cold, shoulder arm, fever, headache, fatigue etc. sleep from 11 am to 4 pm that same day and woke up top shape.

Reactions: MasterD

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
- CASES -

Wednesday, June 30: 93
Thursday, July 01: 69

- 1 death

- 7 less hospitalizations (110 total)

- 1 less in ICU (34 total)

- VACCINATIONS -

Wednesday, June 30: 124K doses
Thursday, July 01: 96.5K doses

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
If this is confirmed as fact it needs to be plastered on billboards, absorbed by the public and government decision-makers alike. Vaccinated people are safe from the virus and should therefore be cleared from restrictions.

This is it, been saying it a while now. You are fine if you get vaccinated. You will get COVID if you aren't. It's that simple.

My 2nd dose is in the 2nd week of July. Can't wait to put this behind me.

Reactions: Lshap

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
True....but then how to make the difference between the vaccinated and unvaccinated.
There lies all the problem
Kind of what one of the epidemiologist at the science table is pushing in Ontario, to still have everybody wearing masks indoor because they don't know who is vaccinated or not.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
This is it, been saying it a while now. You are fine if you get vaccinated. You will get COVID if you aren't. It's that simple.

Despite the logic, there are people who aren't moving past their fear. My brother and his family are in from Toronto, hoping to watch the game together. They're fully vaxed, but my sis-in-law still won't come over because I've only had one dose. I told her, "I'm the one who's vulnerable. You're as safe as you're ever going to be". Made no difference. She's had cancer treatments in the past so I get why she's nervous, but I wonder if she's ever going to visit someone's house ever again.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Despite the logic, there are people who aren't moving past their fear. My brother and his family are in from Toronto, hoping to watch the game together. They're fully vaxed, but my sis-in-law still won't come over because I've only had one dose. I told her, "I'm the one who's vulnerable. You're as safe as you're ever going to be". Made no difference. She's had cancer treatments in the past so I get why she's nervous, but I wonder if she's ever going to visit someone's house ever again.

I'm sure she will, once most have their 2 doses and we start seeing more and more that 99% of all new cases and deaths/hospitalizations are exclusively unvaccinated people it will be clear who is truly at risk.

Reactions: Lshap

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I'm sure she will, once most have their 2 doses and we start seeing more and more that 99% of all new cases and deaths/hospitalizations are exclusively unvaccinated people it will be clear who is truly at risk.
In a week, or two or three there is going to be zero covid in Quebec. There never was a need to double vaccinate anyone other then the most vulnerable and front line workers.

The doctors knew from the get go they only needed to vaccinate a little more then half the people to contain and eradicate covid.
We're not going to be seeing anyone with covid, so 99% of nothing is nothing. It will be the same odds for the vaccinated as the unvaccinated. That's the way math works.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
In a week, or two or three there is going to be zero covid in Quebec. There never was a need to double vaccinate anyone other then the most vulnerable and front line workers.

The doctors knew from the get go they only needed to vaccinate a little more then half the people to contain and eradicate covid.
We're not going to be seeing anyone with covid, so 99% of nothing is nothing. It will be the same odds for the vaccinated as the unvaccinated. That's the way math works.

There are many places around the world with over 50% vaccinated and none of them have zero covid. Where did you get this nonsense?

Reactions: Laurentide

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta

You can still get Covid if you have 2 shots, but it's far less likely, just like you can still get the flu even if you've got a flu shot. If you beat the odds and get Covid anyway it isn't going to kill you or put you into the hospital. You'll just have the symptoms of a cold. The vaccine doesn't make Covid go away, it merely neutralizes it in the bodies of those who have been vaxxed. That's why they want people who have had Covid to still get their shots.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I was shot again today, apparently now they want you to get two even if you had the COVID.
They don't "want you to", but it's probably going to be required to travel internationally.

Also got my 2nd dose (3rd, as I had COVID last year) on Wednesday. Woke up yesterday feeling like a train ran me over. Huge fever, shivers, super fatigue... Worse than when I had my "1st" dose, which had felt like COVID-LITE. Only lasted 12 hours though.

Last edited:

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

You can still get COVID with the vaccine, just look at Ducharme. You just won't have or barely have symptoms.

Reactions: Laurentide

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
They don't "want you to", but it's probably going to be requires to travel internationally.

Also got my 2nd dose (3rd, as I had COVID last year) on Wednesday. Woke up yesterday feeling like a train ran me over. Huge fever, shivers, super fatigue... Worse than when I had my "1st" dose, which had felt like COVID-LITE. Only lasted 12 hours though.
Had my second dose Wednesday evening. Started feeling like shit a good 20 hours after. Still haven't recovered 41 hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad