Status
Not open for further replies.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
giphy.webp

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
I just went to the LCBO and get some fresh groceries. Some are doing everything to get sick. One guy well over 300lbs probably in his 30s was in t-shirt, short and sandals. It's freezing out there, just about everybody have winter coat.

At the grocery, there was a young woman, close to 300 lbs too with her cart half full of stuff. Here she was not looking where she was going with her damn phone at her mouth. How many times is she going to text and put that filthy thing at her mouth again in the next few days?

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I like being at a destination,not a fan of airports or flying however unless they start using 747 more and you can sit upstairs. Don't mind boating to get around though if it's a decent size.

I agree, the best flight I ever had was when I was unconscious most of the time. LAX to Auckland NZ a loooong time ago I had a few Valiums and then lots of whisky. Air NZ was great with their free booze so I kept sipping them whiskys then I woke up just before landing in Auckland. We had a stopover in Honolulu for 2 hours I was the only one not leaving the plane. They could not wake me up so my friend told them I was known to be a heavy sleeper and they left me while cleaning the plane

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I just went to the LCBO and get some fresh groceries. Some are doing everything to get sick. One guy well over 300lbs probably in his 30s was in t-shirt, short and sandals. It's freezing out there, just about everybody have winter coat.

At the grocery, there was a young woman, close to 300 lbs too with her cart half full of stuff. Here she was not looking where she was going with her damn phone at her mouth. How many times is she going to text and put that filthy thing at her mouth again in the next few days?

sounds like you stepped out of your house and landed in Mississippi.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I agree, the best flight I ever had was when I was unconscious most of the time. LAX to Auckland NZ a loooong time ago I had a few Valiums and then lots of whisky. Air NZ was great with their free booze so I kept sipping them whiskys then I woke up just before landing in Auckland. We had a stopover in Honolulu for 2 hours I was the only one not leaving the plane. They could not wake me up so my friend told them I was known to be a heavy sleeper and they left me while cleaning the plane

Got only good things to say about air NZ. Small world! might have been you on the same flight back then. I recall a few times people passed out upstairs,even I can get a few zzz in during that long flight.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Ok, les jaloux de Gatineau, I'm back on this thread.
@Kriss E , asking what is there to do in Gatineau? EXACTLY! Nothing! Not even viruses!

I moved from Montreal in 1998 exactly for that reason!

Pffff, tous des jaloux! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Lshap and Runner77

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
True! We're so boring, even this virus forgets us! We love being boring tho.

I was living in Montreal and met a guy from England who became a friend. He told me he booked a hostel for the weekend in Ottawa. I told him you need maybe 5-8 hours to do pretty much everything worth doing. He was a little stunned. I got a text that night saying he was back at the hostel and had no idea what he was going to do the next day and ended up coming back early

Also, a new waive of " this isn't serious" is coming around

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
I was living in Montreal and met a guy from England who became a friend. He told me he booked a hostel for the weekend in Ottawa. I told him you need maybe 5-8 hours to do pretty much everything worth doing. He was a little stunned. I got a text that night saying he was back at the hostel and had no idea what he was going to do the next day and ended up coming back early

Also, a new waive of " this isn't serious" is coming around
Yeah, getting that feeling too. People don't realize the lockdown wasn't meant to end the spread of the virus but slow it down and not overwhelm our hospitals as we learn more about it.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yeah, getting that feeling too. People don't realize the lockdown wasn't meant to end the spread of the virus but slow it down and not overwhelm our hospitals as we learn more about it.
And it's accomplished that.
The lockdown was never a long term solution to entirely get rid of the virus. We were going to reopen things, with the virus still present, at some point. It's now been 6 weeks. They will start reopening things and letting people go out more with measures in place as part of everyday life as the situation is now stable and under control if you remove the CHLSDs.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013

ok grandma thanks

those phones were filthy before this “pandemic”.

You know its very possible these people are also very happy and they dont allow them selfs to be terrorised by the propaganda which keeps their immune system strong. Maybe you should do the same? Or dont go out at all... its very likely that the air outside you breath is alot more dangerous for you... can you imagine all the dust on the floor, the insects, the rats and birds that are shitting and all that crap hitting your face?

I think you’ve bought too much into this bs

The trump administration said it them selfs that a patient who dies for a reason unrelated to the flue will count as a covid death.

they said yesterday that the virus gets killed by direct sunlight under 1 min. Detergetns are also very effective. Thats coming from the trump administration’s special reasearch lab team.

so i think you can chill

Reactions: Big JD

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I've been inspired by a retail sign someone posted in this forum. I run a small shop and am thinking of adding this window sign when it's time to open:

We are pleased to serve you. Limit 5 people in store. Masks and gloves are mandatory.
Keep your trap shut, buy your shit then get the f*** out.
Thank you for shopping.

Think the mask and glove requirement will offend anyone?? :sarcasm:

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
ok grandma thanks

those phones were filthy before this “pandemic”.

You know its very possible these people are also very happy and they dont allow them selfs to be terrorised by the propaganda which keeps their immune system strong. Maybe you should do the same? Or dont go out at all... its very likely that the air outside you breath is alot more dangerous for you... can you imagine all the dust on the floor, the insects, the rats and birds that are shitting and all that crap hitting your face?

I think you’ve bought too much into this bs

The trump administration said it them selfs that a patient who dies for a reason unrelated to the flue will count as a covid death.

they said yesterday that the virus gets killed by direct sunlight under 1 min. Detergetns are also very effective. Thats coming from the trump administration’s special reasearch lab team.

so i think you can chill
If you are basing your behavior on what the Trump Administration says, you might be a red neck, or in a lot of trouble.:)

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is what our tables might look like when dine out with friends at restaurants.

It hasn't occurred to the designer that the shortest distance between two seated patrons -- the shoulder to shoulder aspect -- is not at all protected. Apparently, once restaurants re-open, turning your head to interact with an individual in an adjacent seat, will have to be prohibited otherwise there is no point to the plexiglass.

I can't wait to see the spittle and droplets that will drape the separators by the end of the evening.

Xx1dgIA.jpg

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
This is what our tables might look like when dine out with friends at restaurants.

It hasn't occurred to the designer that the shortest distance between two seated patrons -- the shoulder to shoulder aspect -- is not at all protected. Apparently, once restaurants re-open, turning your head to interact with an individual in an adjacent seat, will have to be prohibited otherwise there is no point to the plexiglass.

I can't wait to see the spittle and droplets that will drape the separators by the end of the evening.

Xx1dgIA.jpg

Can you pass the wine please

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015

Xx1dgIA.jpg

Yea, that won't work with shoulder-shoulder patrons unless they already live together. Is this a real set-up in current use?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yea, that won't work with shoulder-shoulder patrons unless they already live together. Is this a real set-up in current use?

Proposed contraption. We're going to be seeing a lot of variations on the theme. I think European restaurants will be taking the lead on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad