News Article: Couturier Appreciation

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Couturier makes me think that gingers can be successful in life.

Heres to you Sean.

source.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Most of Giroux's prime has been wasted by trash teams and trash coaching. Lets hope Couturiers prime isn't.

How long will it be until we find players as good as these two again? Having them back-to-back as 1C and both on the team at the same time is huge.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I wont argue this because I know hes a good player in his own right. But anyone have the splits handy for Drais time/points away from McDavid vs with? Curious how much of his time these days us actually at C than anything.

Oh, it is a big consideration...

of the 217 goals Draisaitl has been on ice for at EV over that time 150 were with McDavid.

4.44 GF/60 together.
McDavid 3.35 GF/60 when away from Drai.
Draisaitl 2.66 GF/60 when away from McDavid.

Both help each other... but McDavid helps Drai a LOT more than other way around.

I thought about leaving him out as he has spent more time at wing. But he is at C this year...

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Oh, it is a big consideration...

of the 217 goals Draisaitl has been on ice for at EV over that time 150 were with McDavid.

4.44 GF/60 together.
McDavid 3.35 GF/60 when away from Drai.
Draisaitl 2.66 GF/60 when away from McDavid.

Both help each other... but McDavid helps Drai a LOT more than other way around.

I thought about leaving him out as he has spent more time at wing. But he is at C this year...

Appreciate you throwing that together. Like I said, hes a great player in his own right, I dont think anyone will argue that. Well never have to worry about this because I don't think Edmonton is dumb enough to trade him (anymore), but would be curious to see how hed perform as a teams #1.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I cringe to think of where this franchise would be if a) we hadn't robbed Columbus in the deal and b) he didn't drop to us in that draft. Frankly tho, when you look back at that draft, we would have been in a good place with any of Coots, Scheifele or Hamilton.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I’m glad they didn’t make the mistake of giving the coach credit for moving him up to more offense. Couts himself said he can do better and wanted a bigger role. Makes it all the better. He’s also the type that won’t get paid as much as he should. He will get a lot. Maybe the highest paid flyer. But he will get less than some higher producing guys.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I cringe to think of where this franchise would be if a) we hadn't robbed Columbus in the deal and b) he didn't drop to us in that draft. Frankly tho, when you look back at that draft, we would have been in a good place with any of Coots, Scheifele or Hamilton.

What are you talking about? We got raked over the coals in that deal. Or so I've been told.

Reactions: Striiker

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016
Sorry don’t mean to be off topic here just didn’t want to start a thread for a stupid question. Where can I find like how many career points giroux has against the pens, I tried and found nada is there a good website?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sorry don’t mean to be off topic here just didn’t want to start a thread for a stupid question. Where can I find like how many career points giroux has against the pens, I tried and found nada is there a good website?
NHL.com Stats

You type in the players name in the search bar and then click "more filters" and change the opponent to whatever team you want to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad