Injury Report: Couture

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Wasn't Logan struggling with some injury to his back fairly recently? He was kind of coiled up to get a shot off when he got hit, so I wondered if his back didn't seize up.

wraith985

Jan 8, 2006
He got hit in the chin by Carter. The hope is that he got the wind knocked out of him from the fall, but the groping around for the mouthpiece suggests that his bell was rung. He doesn't clutch his collarbone or arm at any point, so it's not that. If he's injured at all, my bet is it's gonna be a concussion.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Wasn't Logan struggling with some injury to his back fairly recently? He was kind of coiled up to get a shot off when he got hit, so I wondered if his back didn't seize up.
That was my first thought watching it live because I didn't see the angle with the butt-end, but he didn't look like he was favoring his back at all getting up off the ice. If his back had seized up, he'd likely have rolled to one side or needed to be pulled up to his feet rather than curling up into a sit-up like he did.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That was my first thought watching it live because I didn't see the angle with the butt-end, but he didn't look like he was favoring his back at all getting up off the ice. If his back had seized up, he'd likely have rolled to one side or needed to be pulled up to his feet rather than curling up into a sit-up like he did.
A solid hit to the face can cause further damage to an already existing injury.

Kurtz tweeted no discipline for Carter. Par the course when involving a Shark.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Guaranteed if it were kane throwing this hit he gets suspended.
The league can make an explanation for a suspension or for it being unavoidable every single time. Their word hasn’t ever really been worth a shit to me, going back to their open dislike for Russian players in the early/mid 90’s.

Reactions: 209 and Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
This shit is getting f***ing stupid.

Can we get Parros on an hot mic? Please?
3PDj5Qp.gif

We're all Barret Jackman

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
You know what's weird? There was a YT of the hit up within hours after the game and there was a heavy number of comments in it from self-professed Sharks fans saying that there was nothing wrong with the hit, that Couture needs to keep his head up, that there was no head contact, etc.

standard disclaimer that YT comment sections are a cesspool, but wow that was some shocking amount of derpiness.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
You know what's weird? There was a YT of the hit up within hours after the game and there was a heavy number of comments in it from self-professed Sharks fans saying that there was nothing wrong with the hit, that Couture needs to keep his head up, that there was no head contact, etc.

standard disclaimer that YT comment sections are a cesspool, but wow that was some shocking amount of derpiness.

BRB, going to make a LAK fan account on youtube.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad