Post-Game Talk: NHL Trade Deadline - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Also funny to see Nash and Kane score beautiful goals against the Bruins when facing them this last week. I'd also add Jack Johnson for the right price as well to that list.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Great thoughts here and it's tough to want to add to something that is going so well but Kaberle did put the Bruins over the top in 2011.

McDonaugh, Kane, Nash, Jenner and Domi at varying prices all sound like great options. We will only have the top line in their aging prime and the ELC contracts helping out for so long. I also think the last couple weeks Chara has looked fatigued and the mental errors are creeping into his play. Nothing to be alarmed about but if we can see that you know management can as well.

It seems that everyone would like to address ONE of the following if possible?

1. LW for Krejci (upgrade if possible)
2. 2nd Pairing D

We know from last years' nightmare of a defense that injuries are going to come so having another top 4 in the mix as well as someone to play with Krejci and DeBrusk would make the bottom pairing and the bottom 6 one of the most impressive in years and tops in the NHL.

Either way, it's been a fun year to watch the layers and quick transition.

Do you mean RW for Krejci, because DeBrusk is the LW on that line.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
The Boston Bruins are back - Article - TSN

I mentioned six names – Heinen, DeBrusk, Bjork, Kuraly, McAvoy, and Grzelcyk – as guys who were called upon to handle some additional duty. In the case of a few (notably Heinen, DeBrusk, and McAvoy), that role is substantial. You’ll note that their Corsi% – a measure of the shots in Boston’s favour when the given player is on the ice – is all above 50 per cent.
yost.JPG
This writer should probably do a little research before he writes an article. I also have to wonder if he watched any of the Boston Ottowa Series last year. First off the Bruins were not beaten by the Montreal Canadiens in 7 games in the 2013 playoffs. They were beaten by the Chicago Blackhawks in the finals. Secondly the Bruins were not trounced by Ottawa last year. The series went six games and three of Ottawa's victories were over time and the other a 1-0 nail biter, not to mention the fact that the B's had four regular defensemen injured. Very sloppy writing.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Watching live “look ins” from EDM vs FLA on the NHL Network.

Maroon is soooooooooo slow. Don’t want him. I would almost prefer that knucklehead Kassian. At least he can skate a bit.

If FLA is looking to move Bjugstad, he would be an interesting fit in BOS. The downside is the term, three more years at $4.1m. Maybe the B’s could add picks and get the Cats to take Beleskey.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If Maroon wants out of EDM, he is certainly putting the time in. He showed his hands on a nice goal in close and had a great effort on an assist to McDavid.

He is not a good skater, but can be a factor once he gets into the zone and sets up.

On a side note...how the f*** is EDM so bad with McJesus and Draisaitl?

Thanks Chia :laugh:

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
If Maroon wants out of EDM, he is certainly putting the time in. He showed his hands on a nice goal in close and had a great effort on an assist to McDavid.

He is not a good skater, but can be a factor once he gets into the zone and sets up.

On a side note...how the **** is EDM so bad with McJesus and Draisaitl?

Thanks Chia :laugh:
Look at their special teams; 70,9% PK and 15,0% PP. Beyond ugly.

Mind you, it's still a good question how they manage to suck so bad with the talent at hand.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I liked Kane's game this week, so much that I wouldn't throw up if the Bruins got him. Still think buffalo will ask too much and I wouldn't be surprised if he diasappears (whether or not he's with the sabres) after the trade deadline frenzy is over

Reactions: JP Nolan

rickizbruin

Feb 7, 2010
ONTARIO
"Rangers are seeking a first-round pick, top prospect, and another asset (roster player, prospect, or pick) in a trade for No. 61."

Is Nash still worth it ? i think he was years ago but now i wouldn't give a first rounder for him. and where would he be in the line up ? with Krej?
not sure he puts us over the hump right now.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Watching live “look ins” from EDM vs FLA on the NHL Network.

Maroon is soooooooooo slow. Don’t want him. I would almost prefer that knucklehead Kassian. At least he can skate a bit.

If FLA is looking to move Bjugstad, he would be an interesting fit in BOS. The downside is the term, three more years at $4.1m. Maybe the B’s could add picks and get the Cats to take Beleskey.
Bjugstad is such an interesting player. Has really underperformed the last 2 seasons and that contract is a risk. But he’s still young at 25 and next to Krejci maybe he finds his game. Beleskey would absolutely have to go in the deal. Along with a pick and secondary prospect.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
"Rangers are seeking a first-round pick, top prospect, and another asset (roster player, prospect, or pick) in a trade for No. 61."

Is Nash still worth it ? i think he was years ago but now i wouldn't give a first rounder for him. and where would he be in the line up ? with Krej?
not sure he puts us over the hump right now.

waaaaaay too much for a rental.
pass.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Lots to give up even with Rick's talent. I'd make that first contingent on his signing an extension.
Depending on the Price I dont know if I'd want Nash long term. He's going to be 34 and in his last 4 previous seasons he's only broken the 40 point mark once.

I think he'd help out but I wouldn't give-up a lot for him. McDonagh on the other hand...

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i would much rather McDonagh than Nash.

We need that 2nd pair defenseman.
In 2014 we failed to address the seidenberg injury. And Ended up playing mezaros and Bartkowski.

We shoould go after that top 4 dman first, then look at getting some scoring if possible.

Iceage

Jun 26, 2013
Heard on Montreal RDS (French version of TSN) podcast that the latest Bruins-Ranger rumor (for what it’s worth) is:

Carlo, Frederic, 1st for McDonagh

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I think Nash would be a good winger for Krejci but any first we give up has to be conditional on us making ideally the SCF but at least the ECF. I would not give up a first for Nash just to get booted in a round or two.

I've been a vocal advocate for McDonough so I won't even comment there. Carlo would hurt though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad