Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
The Leafs never fail to disappoint. They always find new and creative ways to embarrass and humiliate themselves. Cringe and cursed organization. They are an entitled organization that always moves goofy. The only thing they’re competent at is exploiting financially their millions of fans by constantly raising the prices of parking, team merchandise, ticket prices and food concessions. They know how to empty the pockets of customers/consumers/fans, that’s their only talent, and their only purpose and priority. Making profits and upholding the status quo. That’s it. Leafs nation doesn’t deserve this crap, we always show up at games, we occupy all the seats and fill the building up, we are too loyal and we always give this franchise undeserved, unrequited and unconditional support when we shouldn’t. It’s no surprise that MLSE takes us for granted.

We’re the Knicks/Cowboys/Mets of the NHL. Multiple decades and multiple generations ago, we used to be a proud franchise with a rich history and a winning tradition, but since the late 1960s, we are known for fukkery, incompetence, frustration, negativity, depression, false hopes, bad luck, heartache, misery and historical playoff meltdowns. The Toronto Maple Leafs brand in the modern era is synonymous with permanent losing and bad vibes.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I listen to Zolak and Bertrand on NBC Boston most mornings, your post is very accurate!
They are nothing compared to the fans themselves.

You Canadians are angels compared to us Neanderthals lol
Philly fans wouldn't even bother with the cars. They would just set the players on fire.
This is also accurate

Actually Philly is worse

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
The most frustrating part of all this is that Boston isn't really that good of a team. They're well-coached and have elite goalies but that's not a juggernaut in any fashion

We just throw away the game and they know that'll happen so they wait and pounce on our errors
I Think they are many teams that would do this to the Leafs in a series. seems pretty easy to clamp down and score pretty easily on few chances.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I can't help but notice that you mentioned other options in that post other than waiting them out.

In other words, you agree that it's not the only thing that we can do with those guys.

If we've come to the conclusion that we can't win with them, then what are we f***ing waiting for?
Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Reactions: TMLife17

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Naw Tre get go kick rocks too. Dude assembled one of the least mobile defense cores I’ve ever seen in the NHL, and they still suck at defending.

The opportunity cost of signing Klingberg and not getting rid of Brodie when he had the chance is actually pretty massive.

Shanny, Keefe, Tavares, Marner and Tre all need to go.
Shanny and Bubbles should be the first to be shown the door.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I can't help but notice that you mentioned other options in that post other than waiting them out.

In other words, you agree that it's not the only thing that we can do with those guys.

If we've come to the conclusion that we can't win with them, then what are we f***ing waiting for?

Personally my position is that if we are going to get these results with them on teh team all teh time we need to move on and see if we can achieve something better with a different look and different set of players. Whats teh worst that could happen? lose again in the 1st round? or not make playoffs?

I mean I want to get a different look too; the issue is that their NMCs and NTCs are binding contract. If we really want results next season then you request them to waive and if they don't then you pressbox them until they beg to be moved lol; of course telling them that they will not be dressed in the line up.

Tavares am not sure he would give a crap he's made his money; i don't think he is getting a "retirement contract" anymore. Marner on the other hand his contract would be based on his production next season so there may yet be hope with him if Leafs play hardball here....

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
I am being real, we do this every time to one player. It was Phanuef, it was Kessel, it was Gardiner, it was Andersen, it was Kadri, people hated Hyman at one point too, now it’s Marner. One guy is the city’s scape goat when the issues are really deeper than one player. The organization from top to bottom is honestly a joke. From the assessment of players, to how the players are deployed.

Moving Marner is probably a good first step but if you think removing him alone is going to make this team a contender you have another thing coming. It’s bigger than Marner, there are serious organizational flaws that need to be addressed
This team still has Dubas' stink all over it. Could take a few years to get rid of it.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Say what you will about the Dion Leafs, but they never played a playoff game like that.

That was the worst playoff game I've ever seen the Leafs play. They went through the motions like it was the end of a regular season road trip.

Pathetic.

They did. That 2013 meltdown to wait for it, Boston
That was down right embarrassing. Now I get it , they were down 3-1 in that series but still

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
We’re the Knicks/Cowboys/Mets of the NHL. Multiple decades and multiple generations ago, we used to be a proud franchise with a rich history and a winning tradition, but since the late 1960s, we are known for fukkery, incompetence, frustration, negativity, depression, false hopes, bad luck, heartache, misery and historical playoff meltdowns. The Toronto Maple Leafs brand in the modern era is synonymous with permanent losing and bad vibes.
I wished the Leafs were as successful as the Knicks/Mets, at least those teams made the finals in their leagues during the years.

History wise the Leafs are closely reassemble to Sacramento Kings. The Kings are the biggest thing in that market and like the Leafs, haven't made to the finals for 60 years.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Friedman is wrong. They are not giving it everything they have. They are not leaving it all out on the ice because if they are then not a single one of them is worth 6 million let along 11 and up.

Preach.

Buying JT out is an option if you really want to see the back of him.

I believe the contract is all signing bonuses and we don't get cap relief, that would be a last resort imo.

at the end of the day im just happy Kirk Cousin's is a Falcon lmao!

Please explain to me the Penix pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad