Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Also, can you please name one player that just ended up getting stuck in the same city for multiple years where he wasn't wanted? Like he had an NMC and the team wanted to trade him and he just refused to be traded so he just stayed there stinking it up for the rest of the multiple years left on his deal?

No? Not a single one? Okay, carry on then
For JT and Marner they only have to stay for one more season. At the end of the day they have full control of where they want to move next.

Reactions: TMLife17

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019

"We're grown men. Ofc we throw tantrums on the bench in the middle of a game and then complain when you ask us about it."
"We're grown men ofc we sit out for half the season to pry every penny we can get out of the organization when 99% of the population would be happy with even 1/50th of what we make"
"We're grown men. Ofc we fail to execute and then get mad at the coach for not wanting us to play how we want."

Is this how you do the meme kids..

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Only a must win game tonight, and we shit the bed again. Is there a UFC card comin up to go hang with Bieber? Not a single one of these players on this team is worth what they get.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Quite frankly Leafs need a re-tool anyway. Just wait out the next year until tavares is off teh cap at least. With Marner see if we can convince him for a sign and trade if not then he can try look for 12AAV+ as a UFA. Lets see which sucker GM out there offers that to Marner; and if they do good on them I guess.....
For like the fiftieth time... WHY WAIT IT OUT?
Get rid of him now. Why are we just okay with burning off one more year of Matthews' prime with a roster that can't win? We should be doing anything that we have to do to get rid of JT.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I am being real, we do this every time to one player. It was Phanuef, it was Kessel, it was Gardiner, it was Andersen, it was Kadri, people hated Hyman at one point too, now it’s Marner. One guy is the city’s scape goat when the issues are really deeper than one player. The organization from top to bottom is honestly a joke. From the assessment of players, to how the players are deployed.

Moving Marner is probably a good first step but if you think removing him alone is going to make this team a contender you have another thing coming. It’s bigger than Marner, there are serious organizational flaws that need to be addressed
Toronto is WAY, WAY softer on its players than the big American markets, I'm sorry.

Boston would set these guys' cars on fire.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
how the general fans were acting at that time on here is a perfect explanation for why this organization sucks at putting together a winning product and why the fans don't deserve shit. Sorry if it stings. But almost all of you wanted a proper rebuild and then started going insane at the idea of signing any big player who's contract was nearly up. Ofc the organization is going to assess fan sentiment and act accordingly to maximize profit.

The need was a #1 D-man at the time. Scoring was not the issue. Leafs were scoring a bunch even then in regular season under Babcock.

I also don't think it had much to do with fans wanting things. It was the "narrative" spun by dubas and his media cronies at the time about "stats" and everyone was on the "moneyball" hype train meanwhile other teams kept winning with balanced roster and kicking the so called "stats hype train" to the curb.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
The Dubas stink will be around for many more years thanks to his core and the useless spending of picks past and future.

Shanny is the one that made the deal with the Devil,his turn to be cast out like the horned one was.

I have no blame for our present GM,did okay considering he was handcuffed from the get go.
Naw Tre get go kick rocks too. Dude assembled one of the least mobile defense cores I’ve ever seen in the NHL, and they still suck at defending.

The opportunity cost of signing Klingberg and not getting rid of Brodie when he had the chance is actually pretty massive.

Shanny, Keefe, Tavares, Marner and Tre all need to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad