Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
2lkqolqrdvpa1 (1).jpg

This memes getting a lot more play than I wanted it too.

It's time to blow it up, ALL of it. The experiment did not work.

Keep the 69 goal scorer, literally everyone else is on the market.

Fire Keefe, hire Joel Quenneville.

Fire Shanny.

Get a #1 D and solve the goalie crisis that has been an issue since Belfour honestly.

No more running it back, it has failed. The team is too top heavy, stop this nonsense and change the dynamic of the god damn team.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Marchment.

Trevor Moore.

Not taking goaltending seriously.

So, so, so many draft picks given away.

For the most part, drafting the same player over and over again.

Andreas Johnsson contract.

Actually getting Jared McCann and then saying f*** that noise.

Creating an absolutely horrendous (or amazing depending how you view it) culture.

Dakota Joshua (a harsh one in all honesty)

Sheldon Keefe

One of Mikheyev or Engvall for the 4th line to back up the opposition

Mrazek, Campbell, Murray.

Nick Ritchie debacle.

Tavares.

Just an unbelievable sabotage job in such a short space of time.
Oh my word looking at all of it like that makes it look even worse. Barf.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I'm not trying to use this as an excuse or anything. The Leafs have lost plenty of times to BOS with all their key players healthy. But I really feel BOS lucked out by having TOR's best player get sick and their second best goal scorer get hurt.

This team just isn't that impressive. Even with the Leafs having those problems and being the f***ing Leafs, they've had more shots in three of the four games and have probably out chanced the Bruins in the series. Imagine what would happen if Marchand was out for three games and Pasta got sick. I guess what I'm trying to say is that they suck, too. I'm looking forward to seeing the Panthers mop the floor with them. It's going to be really enjoyable for me.

Too many excuses...Boston no longer has Bergeron, Krejci and Chara...at least two of them are future Hall of Famers...have they made any excuses to still be this good?

Reactions: lopey and TMLife17

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I hated the Tavares signing the second it happened -- I'm sure the thread still exists -- and I was destroyed on here for it. It was an awful contract before the ink dried and it was clear as day the snowball effect would prohibit us from putting together a deep team who could contend annually. Then they gave him in the C to make it even worse.

But, yes, you are correct -- he needs to be gone.
Lots of people warned it would be a terrible signing. It has turned out worse than even they thought.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Guys, there's no guarantee that this management is going to make some major changes in the offseason. What if Marner and JT refuse to waive their NMC?

Quite frankly Leafs need a re-tool anyway. Just wait out the next year until tavares is off teh cap at least. With Marner see if we can convince him for a sign and trade if not then he can try look for 12AAV+ as a UFA. Lets see which sucker GM out there offers that to Marner; and if they do good on them I guess.....

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I think this is the worst the team has ever looked in the playoffs in the Matthews era.
Ironic considering how many claimed it was built for the playoffs.
It's not over until it's over, but we're going to need quite the turn to come back and win.
At this point I just want to blender the roster, go all out offense, put in Woll, and pray he can pull off a miracle.
But we'll probably just continue trying to snot our way to failure.

Reactions: TMLife17

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
I don't think anybody here is trying to profit from the demise or destruction of the team we love. Will there be changes? Sure... Do we want the team to be successful? Yes.
Profit ? Hockey Night in Canada is a business and the Leafs are their biggest profit maker. They also want the Leafs to be successful because they make more money when they play more playoff games. But should their commentators be cheerleaders for a team ? No. Then they’d be like that disgrace Jack Edwards.

Reactions: TMLife17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad