Speculation: Could we see more?

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

It might take a little more then just Yak to get Evander Kane, But a deal around Yak for Evander Kane might not be a bad deal Yak could easily thrive in Buffalo and Kane to Edmonton might not be that bad of a deal either. Maybe Yak and a slight add from Chia for Kane might do it.

EDM has Lucic-Pouliot-Maroon down the left side. His salary doesnt fit a team that'll need value contracts as early as next season. A big reason Larsson was targeted was how cap friendly he is

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
This offseason has been a very fun one so far with three huge one for one (ok one had two picks but we're pretty much one for one. But what I am wondering is if the Weber and pk trade works out for both sides or if teams see that trade and get ideas off it. will we see more trades like it (an older player for a younger player at the same posistion and near the same skill level.) if you do think we will see more what do think the trade will be my prediction.
Fowler
For
shattenkirk
(Not sure if either side does this and sorry if this has been done already)

Shattenkirk is a UFA to be who will probably test free agency while Fowler has a extra year on his contract no way do Ducks do this trade.

I think an Evander Kane for Fowler trade straight up makes too much sense. Maybe Buffalo adding a 2nd rounder or something

No Kane has too many problems not trading Fowler for him. Also a defenseman like Fowler is worth a good amount more then a winger like Kane (even without problems)

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I think an Evander Kane for Fowler trade straight up makes too much sense. Maybe Buffalo adding a 2nd rounder or something

Evander Kane is so overrated and a nightmare as a player off the ice. Want to talk about a cancer, this guy is it. The ducks would be fools to trade Fowler for him straight up let a lone with 2nd.

Kane can rot in Buffalo and complain that it's everybody else is responsible for his production and the off the ice issues.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
Kevin Shattenkirk has a full year remaining on his contract. Yet he is constantly referred to as a "free agent to be". I don't recall such status being so consistently brought up as a negative in regard to other players being considered for trade in the last year of a contract.

It is known that if he cannot stay in St. Louis he would prefer to play for a team in New England.

It is also known that the Blues are willing to let potential suitors discuss contract business with Kevin's agent.

It is undisputed that Kevin is among the top 20 RHD in the league.
Anyone interested in trading for him understands that he is going to get paid accordingly--and the market is pretty well set .

The Blues needs, as has been previously discussed, are (in no particular order): speed, size, grit, leadership.

The Blues need a cost controlled top-6 center--which is nearly impossible to acquire.

LW depth is better than RW depth, but nearly all Blues players are utility forwards who can be moved throughout the lineup without missing a beat. Therefore, addressing the speed/size/grit/leadership factor with a top-6 quality forward is a more important consideration than what specific position they play--especially if that player has better finishing ability than whomever he might replace on the roster.

A secondary move would almost certainly happen, unless a forward (or two) gets packaged with Kevin Shattenkirk.

Best scenario for the Blues:

Kreider gets awarded around $5M/2 in arbitration, then gets packaged with Adam Tambellini, in a trade with St. Louis. Shattenkirk agrees to a $36M/6 yr deal and promptly gets shipped to New York.

Shattenkirk + Berglund + Jaskin
to NYR for
Kreider + Tambellini + Hayes

Subsequently, I would test the waters with CBJ to see if a deal could be made to bring Boone Jenner to STL as part of a deal for one of Sobotka or Lehtera.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Evander Kane is so overrated and a nightmare as a player off the ice. Want to talk about a cancer, this guy is it. The ducks would be fools to trade Fowler for him straight up let a lone with 2nd.

Kane can rot in Buffalo and complain that it's everybody else is responsible for his production and the off the ice issues.

He was suggesting Buffalo adds a 2nd, not Anaheim.

Other than that, yeah I can't see anyone being excited to take Kane at this point. Especially not if they have to give up quality assets to do it.

A team with a strong leadership group who think they can whip him into shape might give him a chance if the price was right (very low). Las Vegas could take a flyer on him. Otherwise I see him going to ufa as a Sabre.

JTRAIN1966

Jul 18, 2012
Imperial, Mo.
Kevin Shattenkirk has a full year remaining on his contract. Yet he is constantly referred to as a "free agent to be". I don't recall such status being so consistently brought up as a negative in regard to other players being considered for trade in the last year of a contract.

It is known that if he cannot stay in St. Louis he would prefer to play for a team in New England.

It is also known that the Blues are willing to let potential suitors discuss contract business with Kevin's agent.

It is undisputed that Kevin is among the top 20 RHD in the league.
Anyone interested in trading for him understands that he is going to get paid accordingly--and the market is pretty well set .

The Blues needs, as has been previously discussed, are (in no particular order): speed, size, grit, leadership.

The Blues need a cost controlled top-6 center--which is nearly impossible to acquire.

LW depth is better than RW depth, but nearly all Blues players are utility forwards who can be moved throughout the lineup without missing a beat. Therefore, addressing the speed/size/grit/leadership factor with a top-6 quality forward is a more important consideration than what specific position they play--especially if that player has better finishing ability than whomever he might replace on the roster.

A secondary move would almost certainly happen, unless a forward (or two) gets packaged with Kevin Shattenkirk.

Best scenario for the Blues:

Kreider gets awarded around $5M/2 in arbitration, then gets packaged with Adam Tambellini, in a trade with St. Louis. Shattenkirk agrees to a $36M/6 yr deal and promptly gets shipped to New York.

Shattenkirk + Berglund + Jaskin
to NYR for
Kreider + Tambellini + Hayes

Subsequently, I would test the waters with CBJ to see if a deal could be made to bring Boone Jenner to STL as part of a deal for one of Sobotka or Lehtera.

I am a Blues fan but, even i know that if Columbus would even entertain trading Boone Jenner, the Blues better add something REAL significant to one of those 2 to get him . I'm not trying to be dickish about it . I'm just saying that, they will want something significant for him .

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think JVR for Fowler may happen. Also Shattenkirk to an East Coast team could and should happen by summer's end.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
I am a Blues fan but, even i know that if Columbus would even entertain trading Boone Jenner, the Blues better add something REAL significant to one of those 2 to get him . I'm not trying to be dickish about it . I'm just saying that, they will want something significant for him .

I don't disagree. I only suggested that we kick the tires, and I implied that it would need to be part of a bigger deal.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I think JVR for Fowler may happen. Also Shattenkirk to an East Coast team could and should happen by summer's end.

JVR straight up for Fowler does make a lot of sense for both clubs, Anaheim would've their top 6 LW in JVR for what 2 more years and he's pretty reasonable. Though i thought that the Leafs needed more like RHD and not LHD like Fowler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad