Speculation: Could the Isles Play at Citi Field After All?

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Just FYI:

Isles host Buffalo on Dec 27 and Boston on Jan 2. I'm still salty about Buffalo/NYR getting this Winter Classic, but is it possible that they pull the same thing they did for the Stadium Series and have the Isles play a game at Citi?

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
We can't even fill up Barclays or the NVMC and you're talking about playing at Citi Field?

NYR/BUF got the game because both fan bases are bigger than the Isles's. It's nothing personal, strictly business.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Just FYI:

Isles host Buffalo on Dec 27 and Boston on Jan 2. I'm still salty about Buffalo/NYR getting this Winter Classic, but is it possible that they pull the same thing they did for the Stadium Series and have the Isles play a game at Citi?

I honestly have no interest in an outdoor game.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
no way, only way it would have been would have been if the Islanders played the Devils, no way in hell the Islanders are coming close to a sell out on a weekday game against the Bruins or the Sabres, they would be lucky to get 20,000 in that place and that is relying heavily on the Bruins or the Sabres fans

Last edited:

hoser14

Oct 23, 2006
Brooklyn
A packed stadium of Islanders Fans

Unless you want a 1/2 empty stadium...

If you want to filled the place up with real islanders fans, don't jack the prices up! Keep the prices reasonable, promote the game and have an exciting product, and the Isles will have no problem filling up Madoff Field!

ps: have hot coco and soup at the concession stands!

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
If you want to filled the place up with real islanders fans, don't jack the prices up! Keep the prices reasonable, promote the game and have an exciting product, and the Isles will have no problem filling up Madoff Field!

ps: have hot coco and soup at the concession stands!

outdoor games are a terrible gimmick and i'd say most isles fans know that

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
outdoor games are a terrible gimmick and i'd say most isles fans know that

Agree. These have been completely overplayed. I have always said that the NHL and NHLPA should work something out and have three of these games played throughout the day on Christmas Day only. It would be akin to Thanksgiving Day Football. hockey=winter=holidays

Offer the players who are participating extra compensation. Additionally, provide room, travel and a place for the visiting team families to celebrate the holiday. <-that alone would be an instagram/twitter PR bonanza.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
they need to stop doing these things for a few years. It has completely lost it's appeal.

And frankly, I can't remember a single outdoor game where the ice wasn't a major issue.

The purpose of the event is to promote the sport. Great idea. But the ice is always so bad that it makes for REALLY terrible hockey. Like worse than NVMC the afternoon after the circus in April. So what are they really promoting to the non-fan? Slow, chippy, boring hockey?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad