Speculation: Could Alex Galchenyuk be the Habs leading scorer THIS year?

• Thread starter FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
  • Start date

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Chuckie is at his best when he has the puck on his stick and when he's playing on Eller's wing, it looks like he controls the puck at least 5 times per game, which makes him totally inefficient. He somehow finds ways to be productive, even if he doesn't look great on the ice.

Galchenyuk has so much skills, I think it's a waste to not play him as a center on AND without someone who can score goals. What was his role last game with Eller and Prust? Shoot? Pass? Go to the front of the net?

I love Prust but I think it is time to play Bournival with Eller and Alex.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I love Prust but I think it is time to play Bournival with Eller and Alex.

Not a bad 3rd line. Therrien is still experimenting his lines so I just hope he doesn't stick with the PEG line for too long. I expect Galchenyuk too play with Prust next saturday because ya know... Toronto.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Nah, it's time for the EGG line to get back together. Put Bournival or Briere in Gallagher's spot.

The only reason Gallagher is playing with DD is to get DD going...and hopefully get DD traded.

Galchenyuk should be playing center sooner than later. DD at center is a waste of time and money...We have the building blocks with Price, Subban and Galchenyuk. Built up the middle to succeed...put Galchenyuk and Gallergher and Bournival with Eller to create our top 2 lines.

If Pacman can't play without DD than package them and get the big/gritty wingers(or big mobile/gritty D-man) that we need.

They played Galchenyuk at center against 2 of the toughest team... not enough time to see what he can do......
But no we need to win games so we can stay in the middle of the pack and also get DD going........

F.... DD is not our future!!!

Galchenyuk and Gallergher would make our #1 line for years to come so I do not understand managements thinking.....yes I understand they shot them self in the foot by signing DD to 4 years but they f... up big time.

Suck it up and get rid of the 4 year mistake....20 other teams would love to build with Price, Subban and Galchenyuk to win a cup

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
There is a lot of talk that Alex may make the US Olympic team. His shootout prowess at the world championships last spring along with his ability to speak Russian, his speed and playmaking abilities. Interesting stuff. This would be a great experience for him for sure.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
There is a lot of talk that Alex may make the US Olympic team. His shootout prowess at the world championships last spring along with his ability to speak Russian, his speed and playmaking abilities. Interesting stuff. This would be a great experience for him for sure.

Why would they take him as a translator? I don't understand why people keep saying the fact that he speaks Russian is a reason why he will make the team.

edit: it's just you repeating it lol

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Why would they take him as a translator? I don't understand why people keep saying the fact that he speaks Russian is a reason why he will make the team.

edit: it's just you repeating it lol

I read it on some sight about the US Olympic team some weeks ago. I think his age him around the 13th, 14th forward. If he turns it up a notch it could solidify him making the team.

Last edited:

McLovin*

It'll be tough for him to outscore Pach but I think he'll be the clear runner-up

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
The only reason Gallagher is playing with DD is to get DD going...and hopefully get DD traded.

Galchenyuk should be playing center sooner than later. DD at center is a waste of time and money...We have the building blocks with Price, Subban and Galchenyuk. Built up the middle to succeed...put Galchenyuk and Gallergher and Bournival with Eller to create our top 2 lines.

If Pacman can't play without DD than package them and get the big/gritty wingers(or big mobile/gritty D-man) that we need.

They played Galchenyuk at center against 2 of the toughest team... not enough time to see what he can do......
But no we need to win games so we can stay in the middle of the pack and also get DD going........

F.... DD is not our future!!!

Galchenyuk and Gallergher would make our #1 line for years to come so I do not understand managements thinking.....yes I understand they shot them self in the foot by signing DD to 4 years but they f... up big time.

Suck it up and get rid of the 4 year mistake....20 other teams would love to build with Price, Subban and Galchenyuk to win a cup

One year later and still a big Yes. We have one of the best goalies and one of the best defencemen in the league. And one of the worst #1C in the league (45th in P/60).

Does not take a genius to see where we have to improve to get to the next level. Enough with coddling an undrafted midget -- Galchenyuk ftw!

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Galchenyuk will not lead the Habs in scoring this year, he will get 40-50 points and thats not bad. We will need a spark from somewhere but it will not be him. He's just not ready for that.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Galchenyuk will not lead the Habs in scoring this year, he will get 40-50 points and thats not bad. We will need a spark from somewhere but it will not be him. He's just not ready for that.

You dare to question or doubt the Flavour of the Month? Off with your head! :sarcasm:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Galchenyuk should get more points this coming season but I don't think Therrien will give him enough ice time with other productive forwards for him to lead the Habs in scoring. Next season might be a different story.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

40pts is his career average scoring ratio. It's what he's averaged over the past two years, I'd be disappointed if all he does is crack a couple more point to reach 50. I definitely want to see him get to 60 this year. Of course, this depends on how the coach will use him.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Anything is possible... some young superstars have breakout years in Year 3 or Year 4 where they get dramatically more points than they did previously playing as youngsters.

It could be good or bad for us if Galchenyuk is our leading scorer. Great if it's because he breaks out as a 70+ point star. Bad if he gets 40-50 and that meagre total is good enough to lead us. Either of those are possibilities within the subset of him actually leading the team in scoring.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
40pts is his career average scoring ratio. It's what he's averaged over the past two years, I'd be disappointed if all he does is crack a couple more point to reach 50. I definitely want to see him get to 60 this year. Of course, this depends on how the coach will use him.

I have a feeling though that this year he will be used in more defensive situations and not just in easy minutes like he has been getting. The Habs have done a good job with him but you have to agree that he has seen sheltered situations.

The Canadiens will probably move him to center at certain times this year not full time just in certain situations. He has the talent but is still very young. He will be a better all around player after this season but only because of the roles he will play and mistakes he will make in them. It will not be a breakout 50-70 point season for him but a great development year instead.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Injury free, more PP minutes could help him get there, we're a team that scores by committee and don't really have that 80-90 point guy for him to compete with. It's possible and I wouldn't be completely shocked.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Hold your water, boys. Just remember, it took Guy Lafleur several years to become the leading scorer on the Habs.

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
lol love this thread, seems like every year we have one of these on our prospects or young guys.

Yes AG 'COULD' score 90g and 180a ...

What about Eller? I think he's in line for a 100g season..Any other projections? Habs could win 2 stanley cups next year, so they better make St Catherine st a bit wider.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Hold your water, boys. Just remember, it took Guy Lafleur several years to become the leading scorer on the Habs.

Difference is that getting around 60-65pts could make you the leading scorer of the team which is not entirely impossible for Galchenyuk. I see him getting 50pts as a top 6 players and if the stars are aligned on his line, I could see him hit the 60 pts mark. Won't be easy but still think it could be possible, like Johansen did last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad