Value of: Cost to deal (Jordan) Weal!

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
What would it cost the Habs to dump Jordan Weal? He has 1 year remaining on a 1.4M contract. He's costing the Habs 300K against the cap (as he is buried) and doesn't have a chance to earn a spot.

So it boils down to the cost of 300K of capspace. What does that cost in these here flat cap / COVID times?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I expect he'll get dealt for future considerations to a team lacking in depth after a Covid issue or multiple injuries, or in exchange for a similar contract when Habs have an injury bug of sorts.
300k isn't going to be that much of an issue as such.

Reactions: Pertti

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I expect he'll get dealt for future considerations to a team lacking in depth after a Covid issue or multiple injuries, or in exchange for a similar contract when Habs have an injury bug of sorts.
300k isn't going to be that much of an issue as such.

Freeing up that cap would allow Perry to be elevated from taxi to roster status much quicker. It will take a few weeks before we have compiled enough capspace as is.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Habs don't need a 4th line winger. They just need Weal's caphit off the books. So no to acquiring another 4th liner.
kings would want to move a contract from the roster to replace them with Weal Luff only makes 700 k league minimum Montreal saves over 700k on cap

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
kings would want to move a contract from the roster to replace them with Weal Luff only makes 700 k league minimum Montreal saves over 700k on cap

So bascially you are asking for a 3rd round pick to provide the Habs with 300K in capspace. The answer is no - way too expensive.

Reactions: Vachon23

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Luff has value being a young player on a elc

He has zero value to the Habs. We would rather not take back a player if it would result in a cost. We have Perry, Frolik and Poehling on the taxi squad. Luft wouldn't add any value.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
He has zero value to the Habs. We would rather not take back a player if it would result in a cost. We have Perry, Frolik and Poehling on the taxi squad. Luft wouldn't add any value.
Luff can be waived or sent to ahl Depth has value despite the hate.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Luff can be waived or sent to ahl Depth has value despite the hate.

Taxi cab depth has no value to the Habs. Why would the Habs pay an extra tax for the honor of having Luff occupy the trunk of the taxi cab? He would be in the trunk with the pizza boxes, beer bottles and stinky hockey bag.

He has zero value to the Habs. Habs wouldn't take him if he was free because the cab is full. Why is that so hard to understand?

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Taxi cab depth has no value to the Habs. Why would the Habs pay an extra tax for the honor of having Luff occupy the trunk of the taxi cab? He would be in the trunk with the pizza boxes, beer bottles and stinky hockey bag.

He has zero value to the Habs. Habs wouldn't take him if he was free because the cab is full. Why is that so hard to understand?

Injuries are going to happen this year. With the added threat of covid. Ahl depth no matter how much you have as some value. I also wouldnt bet against him outshining players like Perry Your insanity to say no to any player coming back is insane to me however its ur right to be so Have a nice day

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Injuries are going to happen this year. With the added threat of covid. Ahl depth no matter how much you have as some value. I also wouldnt bet against him outshining players like Perry Your insanity to say no to any player coming back is insane to me.

Insanity it explaining the reasons why the Habs would have zero interest in a scrub like Luff, in multiple ways, and having the same outcome - you failing to comprehend.

My point is that if you offered Matt Luff to the Habs straight up, the answer would be no thanks. If you waived Matt Luff, the Habs wouldn't bite. He has no value to the Habs because our taxi-squad is full and we have plenty of depth in Laval on ELC or league minimum contracts that can be called up if needed.

What i am asking is what it would cost the Habs to dump Weal. Can you at least answer that? If your answer is a 3rd round pick then i would say thanks but no thanks. I would expect the cost to be less. But the answer is no to taking on Luff and giving you a 3rd round pick.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Well think of it this way at least i made a offer I dont see anyone else doing so. So maybe ur expectations are a little to high. Cap space is at a premium in a flat cap world. Why should the kings settle for less

Reactions: voxel

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Well think of it this way at least i made a offer I dont see anyone else doing so. So maybe ur expectations are a little to high. Cap space is at a premium in a flat cap world. Why should the kings settle for less

That's a fair point. If the cost to shed 300K of capspace is a 3rd round pick, then i think the Habs would just stand pat and wait the couple weeks to free up capspace through the transfer of ELC players (Romanov / Evans) to and from the Taxi squad to conserve cap. Will just take longer.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
That's a fair point. If the cost to shed 300K of capspace is a 3rd round pick, then i think the Habs would just stand pat and wait the couple weeks to free up capspace through the transfer of ELC players (Romanov / Evans) to and from the Taxi squad to conserve cap. Will just take longer.
Then stand pat Its not like the kings need Mr weal back He couldn't make the kings before and i doubt he would make any more of a impact this time around. No one is going to bite for less as u can see with no offers to that fact

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Then stand pat Its not like the kings need Mr weal back He couldn't make the kings before and i doubt he would make any more of a impact this time around. No one is going to bite for less as u can see with no offers to that fact

No offers from HF fans, doesn't equate to a 3rd round pick is the cost for 300K of capspace. LOL

I am asking for what is realistic. A lack of responses doesn't cement your offer of a scrub for a 3rd round pick as golden.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
No offers from HF fans, doesn't equate to a 3rd round pick is the cost for 300K of capspace. LOL

I am asking for what is realistic. A lack of responses doesn't cement your offer of a scrub for a 3rd round pick as golden.
lol never said it did only that it is the least i would do for him. No its not realistic a5th 6 th round pick is f all Quit being so cheap

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
lol never said it did only that it is the least i would do for him. No its not realistic a5th 6 th round pick is f all Quit being so cheap

Ok, King's fan is asking for a 3rd round pick to give Habs 300K in capspace. That's the price to beat! :)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
A fourth gets in done. Maybe for a 5th. Probably going to have to take a contract back. Some no name elc type on his last year.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
A fourth gets in done. Maybe for a 5th. Probably going to have to take a contract back. Some no name elc type on his last year.

Habs can take back a scrub ELC as long as the contract is not more than 1M. 5th round pick is in line with what i was thinking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad