Rumor: Cost for ROR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Ryan O'Reilly and the 32nd overall draft pick for the 3rd overall draft pick.

O'Reilly has good character and can play defense. Defense is what wins championships.

Can you post what the tweet says? It won't load for me as twitter is blocked on my work computer.

Dreger - it sounds insane to me that the Canadiens would give up the #3 pick possibly to acquire O'Reilly. Marc Bergevin has to come out of this offseason with a lot more than just Max Domi. Don't know if he can survive another brutal season. #Sabres

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Probably one of the worst kept secrets in hockey is our interest in ROR.

I’m reading LeBrun’s latest article (The Athletic) and he confirms that they have talked about him. He’s of the belief that Buffalo would want the 3rd overall selection in return (hah!) but that’s something Marc isn’t interested in doing. He speculates Montreal could dangle some of their 2nd rounders and use other assets to entice Buffalo and could even take on Matt Moulson’s contract in a deal as well, which has a 5 million cap hit.

One holdup for teams is 7.5 million signing bonus ROR gets on July 1st. Teams would obviously want to wait and have Buffalo pay for that, but Pierre says that the Sabres will reportedly up the asset haul request in trades if they’re on the book for that.

Anyways, nothing ground breaking here but it confirms that we have indeed talked to Buffalo about him.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
LMAO....

Habs get Moulson to try for Tavares...

i said that months ago...TAVARES...MOULSON..lol

Reactions: DAChampion

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Honestly, the Habs probably talk to the 30 teams out there about their centers... Because don't really have the choice but to do that. And glad to hear Bozo still have enough common sense to not be interested in moving the 3rd OA for ROR.

Reactions: lo striver

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Exceptionally low chance the 3rd OA is part of the discussion.

I'm guessing something like Lehkonen/Shaw and an early 2nd if it's before July 1st.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
ROR is a top 6 center but he's more of a 2nd line than a 1st line guy. On the Habs he would be better than anyone we currently have unless they sign Tavares.

Is the #3 pick too much? Hard to say. There is a wide variety of opinions regarding which player the Habs should draft with that pick and this tells me that there is no clear-cut, lead pipe cinch player available. If any one of about 6 different players could credibly be taken at #3 then you know it's a weak draft. So maybe I do this deal. Maybe.

Reactions: Habsfan2992

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
No deal unless they throw in NB or Josh Gorges! We would have so much Karakter if that happened.

Imagine this patrolling our blueline togther!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Seems too high for what the habs need.

I can't believe that this scenario is even being entertained. If you thought the Galchenyuk deal was an issue, you won't want to see what MB is ready to give up for ROR, assuming there is substance behind the tweet.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
if you trade picks and young assets for ROR, thats another set back since ROR isnt a real first line center, more of a good 2-way second line center who isnt getting faster.. So not only we still wont be good enough to compete agaisnt the best teams in the league, but we wont be improved enough to make the playoffs, we might be improved enough to draft out of the top 10 though.. that would be incredibly dumb management from Bergevin, unfortunately, Im getting used to it...

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I can't believe that this scenario is even being entertained. If you thought the Galchenyuk deal was an issue, you won't want to see what MB is ready to give up for ROR, assuming there is substance behind the tweet.

ze think ryen iz a good playeer who can heelp us long term. When you're offered O'reilly you can't ask for more.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Probably one of the worst kept secrets in hockey is our interest in ROR.

I’m reading LeBrun’s latest article (The Athletic) and he confirms that they have talked about him. He’s of the belief that Buffalo would want the 3rd overall selection in return (hah!) but that’s something Marc isn’t interested in doing. He speculates Montreal could dangle some of their 2nd rounders and use other assets to entice Buffalo and could even take on Matt Moulson’s contract in a deal as well, which has a 5 million cap hit.

One holdup for teams is 7.5 million signing bonus ROR gets on July 1st. Teams would obviously want to wait and have Buffalo pay for that, but Pierre says that the Sabres will reportedly up the asset haul request in trades if they’re on the book for that.

Anyways, nothing ground breaking here but it confirms that we have indeed talked to Buffalo about him.
Would Sabres have interest in Max? P. Maguire was on 690 yesterday said one team is very intetested in Max. But Montreal demanding the moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad