TSN: Cory Schneider is in play for Trade Discussion - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Money should simply not be an object for this franchise. What we're hearing is absolutely nauseating.

I think your opinion of Luongo is clouding your perceptions here. I too believe he's a bit of a weenie and Schneider is clearly the better goaltender but Luongo's numbers speak for themselves and he's more than good enough to backstop a team to a Stanley cup.

For me, it's all about building a team that will outchance their opponents by as wide a margin as possible. It seems like 9 times out of 10 the winner of a playoff series is the one that has the advantage in terms of shots, scoring chances generated. If Gillis can come out of the draft with a premiere young centre and Luongo instead of Schneider and cap space I don't view that as a loss. It all comes back to the return.

It's easy to tell someone else money should not be an object. As a business owner, he should absolutely be reluctant to buyout Luongo. Especially if he thinks Luongo has a lot of good hockey left in him and Schneider will garner a player that is expected to be a longterm building block.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
If he's going anywhere, I'd love to see Schneider in Boston.

I'm a sucker for the home town story. I'd be happy for Schneids.

Plus they'd recoupe whatever they'd have to give us and then some by trading Rask.

edit: you lied to me. :p:

I know you want to see schneider moved, but it wont be boston, no chance they dont sign rask, although your right, wouldnt be a bad story. After the edm rumors i just dont want to see him in alberta.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
1st 2nd AND top prospect

no wonder oilers buckled, jesus gillis

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I know you want to see schneider moved, but it wont be boston, no chance they dont sign rask, although your right, wouldnt be a bad story. After the edm rumors i just dont want to see him in alberta.

I don't WANT to see Cory go.

I just want one of them gone so we can move on.

I see positives and negatives to both scenarios.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Uh oh mcguire and ferraro, the arena might implode over the amount of hockey knowledge flexing between the two of them.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think your opinion of Luongo is clouding your perceptions here. I too believe he's a bit of a weenie and Schneider is clearly the better goaltender but Luongo's numbers speak for themselves and he's more than good enough to backstop a team to a Stanley cup.

For me, it's all about building a team that will outchance their opponents by as wide a margin as possible. It seems like 9 times out of 10 the winner of a playoff series is the one that has the advantage in terms of shots, scoring chances generated. If Gillis can come out of the draft with a premiere young centre and Luongo instead of Schneider and cap space I don't view that as a loss. It all comes back to the return.

It's easy to tell someone else money should not be an object. As a business owner, he should absolutely be reluctant to buyout Luongo. Especially if he thinks Luongo has a lot of good hockey left in him and Schneider will garner a player that is expected to be a longterm building block.

My opinion is also based on the reports that we are unwilling to buy out Ballard, which should be a no-brainer even if we were a complete 'have-not' team.

Luongo, yeah. It's a more difficult decision.

But I see absolutely no way he can continue as the starting goalie in this market, or how ownership and management can have credibility moving forward if this is the decision they make. The optics are absolutely appalling.

Edit - as well, the reports are that Schneider would be moved for picks and prospects. That doesn't help us become a 'better possession team'. That just makes us worse and takes us further away from winning a Cup.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Is that twitter source credible?
As I said earlier, I wasn't quoting him as a source. I was quoting him because I agreed with his read on the situation. I quoted him because I didn't want to pirate his words wholesale.

Sorry, didn't mean to mislead people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad