OT: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
No specifics - I imagine essential businesses will remain open... Healthcare, grocery and idk what else

That's usually how it goes. Essential businesses like grocery stores, healthcare, law enforcement and banks remain open. Everyone else is basically told to shut down and stay off the roads. Police may patrol the streets to enforce it, and employees of essential businesses are given something to identify them as such.

You're still allowed to leave the house, but mostly to walk around, get some fresh air, etc. No businesses outside the essentials will be open.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
That's usually how it goes. Essential businesses like grocery stores, healthcare, law enforcement and banks remain open. Everyone else is basically told to shut down and stay off the roads. Police may patrol the streets to enforce it, and employees of essential businesses are given something to identify them as such.

You're still allowed to leave the house, but mostly to walk around, get some fresh air, etc. No businesses outside the essentials will be open.

We’re pretty much running like this already.

First death. 1140. We did well. May there be as few as possible.

Last edited:

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Picked up a couple 6ers at the local brewery since I get the feeling we'll be stuck in for a while.

All the beer we bought is left at home. It's in good (Dad's) hands, but still gonna miss it. The only alcohol I have right now is a bottle of Jameson I bought this evening and my "holy water" - disinfection gel.

I had to go shopping, because while my room has a kitchen with basic stuff like a stove, microwave, and a kettle... there were no pots and pans.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What a change a few hours make. We got an offer, agreed on a price and now just have to sign the agreements.

What a change a few more hours makes. The buyers changed their mind so no deal. Oh well, onward we go.

Not official, but I have heard from 2 separate sources that NC will issue shelter in place at 8pm today

If the crackdown is coming, it may have been a blessing in disguise that the deal fell through. Our new house is still ~45 days away from be done, so if they have to stop work for a month or more on it, I would have had to scramble to find temporary housing if deal last night went through. Just so unpredictable right now.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
My mom knew somebody who died today.

Louisiana has the highest per capita cases in the entire world. Not just the country, the whole world. Really worried about my parents and grandparents, and my nephew who basically has no immune system.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
My wife was saying today that they are preparing for approximately 60% of the population to contract the virus, and over 2 million Americans to die from the virus. :(

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
My wife was saying today that they are preparing for approximately 60% of the population to contract the virus, and over 2 million Americans to die from the virus. :(

Yes, that's the worst case, and they should be preparing for the worst case. Doesn't mean it will happen.

Reactions: DaveG

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Just took stuff to the town dump. I'm good.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
If the crackdown is coming, it may have been a blessing in disguise that the deal fell through. Our new house is still ~45 days away from be done, so if they have to stop work for a month or more on it, I would have had to scramble to find temporary housing if deal last night went through. Just so unpredictable right now.

Hey man, if that does happen, your wife is welcome to stay at my house.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
The first day is over. I have been helping one doctor (cute Slovak) at the oncology ward of the department, so she doesn't have to deal with minor stuff. Mostly taking history and getting stuff from place to place.

*Wait....I thought you were Czech? I didn't realize you were British.

*This joke was brought to you by the Dougie Hamilton Museums Association.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
*Wait....I thought you were Czech? I didn't realize you were British.

*This joke was brought to you by the Dougie Hamilton Museums Association.

I have several talents. Getting stuff is one of them. However, I don't appropriate things of other people by using a superior navy. I scavenge, know the right people, utilize subterfuge.

Very much Czech.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Like Radar from MASH.

Does anyone remember MASH?

"Frank, it’s after six, you can stop being snotty!”

DesertedPositiveCock-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Unsustainable

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I went in this morning and was told to grab my stuff a(laptop, monitors, docking station)g work from home for the forseeable future. That said, all the hourly guys are still there working as usual, but with vendors and such shutting down (and possibly NC announcing a shutdown soon) I can't imagine that will last much longer. I'll probably work from home this week and PTO after (not much I can do even from home if everything is shut down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad