OT: Coronavirus VI: Keep it on Topic and Off of Politics, Politics Are Ruining These Threads (See OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The last thread really went to shit so I just put it down. This has been commonplace with these threads. If you just want to stir the pot in these threads and have been thread banned in previous threads be prepared to have a temporary forum ban if you decide that you need to crap on posters and take this thread way OT.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
giphy.gif

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
This will be @Drivesaitl . You'd asked in the last thread what people might think the impact on the youth and younger generation might be after Covid. My daughter has been going to MacEwan and was thinking for the last few years of either Journalism or Psychology as possible goals for her future. About 2 weeks into the Covid thing she asked me what I thought of her possibly going into Law enforcement of some type. I couldn't say it clearly defines her generation of course, but considering some young people are picking up on the Civil servant notion and more than likely Healthcare and Engineering and Sciences as well. Considering the Dr. Hindshaw clothing lines that are popping up locally, it wouldn't surprise me that a number of younger kids are looking at people some might not suspect as positive role models. If we all cut through the shit and look at it through a different perspective, there are a great deal of honest to God heroes out there that are being noticed. Just not from the more mature and cynical demographic that many of us are in. I think it's all going to be a positive experience going forward. Just gonna take some time.

Last edited:

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Someone has thought of everything:

ra,unisex_tshirt,x1860,101010:01c5ca27c6,front-c,336,366,600,600-bg,f8f8f8.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-10_21-40-39.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-10_21-40-39.jpeg
    5 KB · Views: 1

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Why have a covid thread if you aren’t talking politics? Maybe you haven’t noticed but it’s as political as anything can be. The problems you are experiencing with keeping it respectful is that you are biased with the bias you allow.

Like everything in life there is a point where it goes overboard and becomes too much. The majority of these threads have turned into pissing matches. Try to use common sense when posting and responding to posts and not getting at each others throats.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Reactions: booyakasha

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Reactions: Aerrol

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
One sick person goes golfing, person cleaning the cart accidentally contaminates their glove taking it off, goes home and gives Covid to their wife who works at a Senior's Lodge. Then we do this shit all over again.
you could literally say the same thing about going to get gas, or liquor, or going to a grocery store

golf is the ultimate social distancing game (especially my game, which is played in the bush more often lol)
hell, have 1 golfer per cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad