OT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Vote accordingly? Vote for who? Which hiding Politician? The opposition in which one in his basement or the one we can’t find? NONE, NOBODY has had ever had to deal with something like this. Meanwhile, the economy, jobs market, etc we’re flying before this. There is zero indication anybody could have handled this.

Here's the thing - nobody has had to deal with something like this, but literally almost anybody would deal with it better. He told the Vice President not to call governors who don't "appreciate" the White House's COVID efforts. But the VP called anyway because he realizes that there are more important concerns than showing "appreciation" for the president. Now, I strongly, strongly despise our VP. But the point is that it doesn't take some amazing display of leadership to handle this situation better than he has. Even the country's worst politicians would handle it with more grace, empathy, and competency. It's not hard to see that, and I've seen some of his most loyal supporters admit it.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
In South Korea, people likely aren’t stupid enough during a lockdown to go stare at a ship and contaminating each other like New Yorkers. I’m sure a different leader would suddenly educate these morons lol

You guys are really reaching with all this blame at the Head while the population still acts comically irresponsible despite fellow Americans dying by the minute.

How about holding 11 rallies during a raging virus outbreak? Irresponsible?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
No one is saying this wasnt going to be a problem for America no matter who was in charge. It comes down to scale.

You going with the idea that you can't blame Trump because you have no idea how someone else would do is like saying we might as well have had my almost 4 year old running the show because there is no way to know if she wouldn't have done a better job.

So blame the President b/c you know a 4 year old has the same experience in this role as most of these Politicians. Can play this delusion any way you want. Common sense, it’s us vs nature today and all this blame is asinine b/c those blaming one person have given a pass and never mention the continued socializing of these Americans continue to demonstrate . . and it’s not even warm in most of the country. Wait until it’s nice everywhere, you blame one guy for that too.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Here's the thing - nobody has had to deal with something like this, but literally almost anybody would deal with it better. He told the Vice President not to call governors who don't "appreciate" the White House's COVID efforts. But the VP called anyway because he realizes that there are more important concerns than showing "appreciation" for the president. Now, I strongly, strongly despise our VP. But the point is that it doesn't take some amazing display of leadership to handle this situation better than he has. Even the country's worst politicians would handle it with more grace, empathy, and competency. It's not hard to see that, and I've seen some of his most loyal supporters admit it.

lol, there is no indication any of these clowns could handle this better. Problem is, people live through the media and can’t use common sense anymore. Their iPhone thinks for them.

Reactions: bl02

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
So blame the President b/c you know a 4 year old has the same experience in this role as most of these Politicians. Can play this delusion any way you want. Common sense, it’s us vs nature today and all this blame is asinine b/c those blaming one person have given a pass and never mention the continued socializing of these Americans continue to demonstrate . . and it’s not even warm in most of the country. Wait until it’s nice everywhere, you blame one guy for that too.

Now, the power has shifted more to the state and local authorities taking over, and they are all going to get blame and praise based on what they do. That is part of the job as elected official.

Placing blame on the people who are showing incapable of handling a crisis is a good thing. We should all be getting a good look at who we don't want handling the next potential crisis and vote accordingly. This has nothing to do with a persons politics, this has everything to do with making sure we have competent people in jobs that most require it during these times.

You can try twisting this around as much as you'd like. I have said this entire time the president isn't the only person to blame, but it is ridiculous to think he shoulders none of it.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
How about holding 11 rallies during a raging virus outbreak? Irresponsible?

Maybe we shouldn’t have sent a Navy ship to help in Ny b/c it drew too many crowds of people who likely contaminated each other. Apparently the people weren’t warned. lol

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
You can try twisting this around as much as you'd like. I have said this entire time the president isn't the only person to blame, but it is ridiculous to think he shoulders none of it.

you can try to draw a conclusion on two posts and put your faith in I haven’t posted the same thing about the Pres elsewhere too.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
lol, there is no indication any of these clowns could handle this better.

I can't think of another politician who would be on TV talking about how they have better "ratings" than the Bachelor finale while people are dying. And I can't think of another politician who would say "don't answer calls from that governor because he doesn't show enough appreciation for the White House".

Leadership is about more than competency alone. In that position, it's important to show people that you care about something other than yourself.

Reactions: Siddi

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
you can try to draw a conclusion on two posts and put your faith in I haven’t posted the same thing about the Pres elsewhere too.

It has been a lot more than 2 posts where you seem to think the president should have minimal criticism because this is an unprecedented situation. Yes this is unprecedented, yes this is difficult, and yes right now the data is showing that the US has handled this basically as bad as possible. All of these can be true.

Reactions: frozenrubber

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I can't think of another politician who would be on TV talking about how they have better "ratings" than the Bachelor finale while people are dying. And I can't think of another politician who would say "don't answer calls from that governor because he doesn't show enough appreciation for the White House".

Leadership is about more than competency alone. In that position, it's important to show people that you care about something other than yourself.

I bet you can find a media outlet which makes up fake news for those ratings though. They haven’t been right about anything for years. Now they want to be taken seriously? The boy who cried wolf.

Would you prefer a Politician who thinks we should all share the Virus equally? Lol. I’m sure he would cruise through this mess right? Hey, where is he? Silence, that’s leadership.

The POTUS was voted in b/c people believe in Capitalism, wanted a better economy and jobs. Until this virus, which nobody has defeated on the planet, he was doing his job.

Once past this mess, the economy and everything will rebound.

We need a vaccine to control this, not the same media nonsense

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
It has been a lot more than 2 posts where you seem to think the president should have minimal criticism because this is an unprecedented situation. Yes this is unprecedented, yes this is difficult, and yes right now the data is showing that the US has handled this basically as bad as possible. All of these can be true.

I can guarantee you no other president would be talking about drug cartels and lying about being number 1 on facebook in the middle of a global pandemic press briefing.

Reactions: Metranger

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

so you have the answers.

Do share. Crowds ares still forming. People are still gathering.

Fix it. Let’s hear/read it. Go

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Maybe we shouldn’t have sent a Navy ship to help in Ny b/c it drew too many crowds of people who likely contaminated each other. Apparently the people weren’t warned. lol

Why are you deflecting the issue? Yes, the crowd that went ship watching are stupid but you don't see any problem with the president gathering thousands of people for political reasons during a virus outbreak?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I can guarantee you no other president would be talking about drug cartels and lying about being number 1 on facebook in the middle of a global pandemic press briefing.

Lol, small picture guy? Then those people shouldn’t be leading the country b/c there is still more than this virus. The other problems didn’t vanish.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
so you have the answers.

Do share. Crowds ares still forming. People are still gathering.

Fix it. Let’s hear/read it. Go

No one is saying this wasnt going to be a problem for America no matter who was in charge. It comes down to scale.

Keep trying to change the message. There is no "fix", never was. It is about damage mitigation and nothing was mitigated. Damage done and the person who had the best opportunity to stop it, the president, didn't. Are you arguing that?

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
In South Korea, people likely aren’t stupid enough during a lockdown to go stare at a ship and contaminating each other like New Yorkers. I’m sure a different leader would suddenly educate these morons lol

You guys are really reaching with all this blame at the Head while the population still acts comically irresponsible despite fellow Americans dying by the minute.

So how come people all over Europe can act responsibly but not in the US? Maybe it's part of a leader's job to get the message to the people how important this issue is?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Keep trying to change the message. There is no "fix", never was. It is about damage mitigation and nothing was mitigated. Damage done and the person who had the best opportunity to stop it, the president, didn't. Are you arguing that?

Thank you, you proved my point. “There is no fix and never was” yet Everybody who wants to point at one person doesn’t have the answer themselves. Awesome

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
So how come people all over Europe can act responsibly but not in the US? Maybe it's part of a leader's job to get the message to the people how important this issue is?

who is acting responsibly in Europe and which country has 327 million people in Europe?

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Thank you, you proved my point. “There is no fix and never was” yet Everybody who wants to point at one person doesn’t have the answer themselves. Awesome

Go ahead and just ignore the part of my post that doesn't work with your narrative, the whole damage mitigation part. There are countries who treated this threat seriously from the early stages and the results are showing. Those decisions came from the top. How US ultimately handled this also came from the top.

Going to be different levels of results and different levels of destruction.

Literally no one is saying the US would have come away from this unscathed if we had a different president. You trying to twist this like people are doing that is ridiculous.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

apparently the Governor of GA is a bit behind the curve. Could only image how many of the general population still don’t get it.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
merlin_170778096_6666ee96-7884-4999-b144-0695204fcbed-superJumbo.jpg
00nyvirus-1918-25-superJumbo.jpg

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
obviously you feel this would be like South Korea if we acted earlier despite the overwhelming objective evidence proving otherwise as people continue to gather and travel with death staring them in the face. We’ll just flag people down on the highway and offer tests. Before breaking up gatherings and parties we’ll offer tests. Hey ladies, you 6 at the park, want a Covid19 test? Maybe a newspaper or app to educate them as to what is happening in the world.

There will always be idiots. You think South Korea is immune from idiots? What overwhelming objective evidence do you have that shows the reason US is doing worse than South Korea is because there are more Americans having parties?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
There will always be idiots. You think South Korea is immune from idiots? What overwhelming objective evidence do you have that shows the reason US is doing worse than South Korea is because there are more Americans having parties?

Where America Didn’t Stay Home Even as the Virus Spread

the evidence comes out hourly. This supports both sides but, again, they keep traveling. Did all these people not hear the news or irresponsibility throw caution to the wind? They’re idiots regardless of leadership or whomever is in their ears. The data and evidence comes out hourly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad