Value of: Corey Perry

mytduxfan*

1. Probably less then us Duck fans would hope.
2. As of right now? No.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Perry has a NMC

At this point in his career he would accept probably 1 or 2 destinations.

Pretty tough to beat Southern California Lifestyle

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
No he won't be moved in the next couple seasons, since they brought Carlyle back and want to try to win now. If they had gone with Travis Green instead it might have opened the door a bit to more of a rebuild.

Also has a no move clause.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
1. More then anyone would want to offer with his contract

2. I think if the right offer came and he was willing to go but I doubt wed see that offer ever

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
1.What is he worth in a trade
2. Would Anaheim ever trade him

1. More than anyone would be willing to pay

2. No. Even if they wanted to, he probably wouldn't waive his NMC, so no.

Just for fun, what do Anaheim fans think of Pacioretty + Scherbak value-wise?

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
I like Perry and I know how much he means to the Ducks. His value is zero at the moment. He would never be traded unless it was for something like Mc David.

However, to another team, hes a good player but is now in his 30s and has a huge contract so the offers would be insulting to Duck fans.

• Wow
Reactions: Burt Macklin

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
1.What is he worth in a trade
2. Would Anaheim ever trade him

Anaheim wouldn't move him. The value for a player like that if it happened would maybe be a 1st 2nd top prospect top 6 forward. Maybe even two 1st Rd picks.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I like Perry and I know how much he means to the Ducks. His value is zero at the moment. He would never be traded unless it was for something like Mc David.

However, to another team, hes a good player but is now in his 30s and has a huge contract so the offers would be insulting to Duck fans.

Perry has value of ZERO? I don't know if you understand what that means...

Other than that - agreed.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Uh... you're kind of contradicting yourself here. On one hand, you're saying it would take a huge return for Perry, but on the other you're saying his value is zero. Those two are mutually exclusive. A player can't be worth a lot while also having zero value.

And yes, that includes being a 31 year old with a huge contract. Let's be honest here. He's 31. He isn't 35. He isn't 39. He's on the very low end of the 30's, which is an important distinction when you're saying a player is "now in his 30's". There is a significant difference between being in your 30's and being 35, or being just short of 40, especially when you're bringing up a huge contract.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

Probably more like the Bobby Ryan trade. Good young top 6 forward, good prospect, 1st round pick.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Perry has value of ZERO? I don't know if you understand what that means...

Other than that - agreed.

I think it would have been better to suggest his value isnt definable . His worth to the Ducks and their fanbase far exceeds what another fan base would pay for him. Therefore he has no trade value because he cant nor wont be traded.

I have often argued the Sedin twins have no trade value much like Getzlaff and Perry . Its a subclass of player who could never be traded and therefore the point is moot.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Probably more like the Bobby Ryan trade. Good young top 6 forward, good prospect, 1st round pick.

Bobby Ryan was 26 years old when he was traded to the Sens. Perry is 31 and makes 8.625 mil for another 5 years until he is 36.

I would respectfully disagree that he nets anything like Ryans return and again refer to me original post that any and all offers would be insulting to Duck fans.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Bobby Ryan was 26 years old when he was traded to the Sens. Perry is 31 and makes 8.625 mil for another 5 years until he is 36.

I would respectfully disagree that he nets anything like Ryans return and again refer to me original post that any and all offers would be insulting to Duck fans.

Bobby Ryan was also a known source of frustration, with inconsistent play, and a questionable attitude. He also wasn't viewed as high end as Perry. He was a clear step below Perry as a player, at best. At worst, he was more than just a step below Perry.

If you're going to try to paint a picture, you might want to paint the entire picture; not just the part that favors your argument.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
He's had a down year and on HF, if you have a down year, forget anything that you've ever done in your entire career. You're worthless at that point.

It wasn't even that down when you give it some context. He still scored 34 goals, and put up 62 points after Anaheim had that terrible scoring start. On a defensive team that won the Jennings, no less.

The more disappointing part was the playoffs, which is noteworthy, but only 7 games. Any player can go cold for a stretch.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Now is the worst time for Anaheim to trade Perry as he had one of his weakest offensive seasons (62pts) followed by a terrible playoffs. A lot of people probably believe he will trend downward with his age and be a 50-60 point guy for the duration of his contract. I think they're wrong.

He's been streaky before. After the 2 disappointing seasons following his 50 goal year, everyone thought he was done and declining. The next year he scored 43 goals and 82 points. Perry is hungry right now, probably the most hungry of his career. If I'm Anaheim I'm waiting to see what he brings this season because his value is at an all-time low right now.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
It wasn't even that down when you give it some context. He still scored 34 goals, and put up 62 points after Anaheim had that terrible scoring start. On a defensive team that won the Jennings, no less.

The more disappointing part was the playoffs, which is noteworthy, but only 7 games. Any player can go cold for a stretch.

Yeah. My post was pure sarcasm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad