• Markus Naslund

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Tie

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
I see them both as being fairly comparable in the regular season at least. Many think Perry will get into the Hall thanks to his Rocket + Hart season. Naslund only had a Pearson.

Who was the superior player?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Naslund better peak over a few seasons, prime is fairly close, but I’d give Perry the better career. I think Naslund’s edge over a few seasons at their best probably makes him the “better” player though. And that’s nothing to do with Perry’s antics.

As for the HOF, I don’t think either should be there, but Perry is certainly more likely mainly due to the perception of him as a winner and Naslund as a loser. Perry has the cup, has now been on a bunch of finals teams, has a good international resume, won at ever level, etc. I think Naslund’s Canucks legacy is still unfortunately defined by the “We choked” comment, and everything surrounding the Bertuzzi-Moore incident.

Last edited:

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Voted Naslund. Offensively he was the better player even though Perry brought more to the game than his offensive output. The lockout might have prevented Naslund from making the HoF. I too think Perry will make it because of his so called “winner” aura but personally I’d like to see those guys as cutoffs for players not making it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I mean depends how you define superior player.

Naslund was more 1 dimensional offensive player(

Perry brought a lot more to the ice/team than just offense.

I voted tie, as i could see it going either way... if were strictly talking offense id go Naslund.... if were talking about the full game id go perry.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Top 10 goals
Perry: 1,2,6,9,10
Naslund: 2,5,7,7

Top 10 pts
Perry: 3,5
Naslund: 2,2,4

Top 10 hart
Perry: 1
Naslund: 2,5,5

AST
Perry: 1,1
Naslund: 1,1,1

Perry has a hart, Naslund has a lindsay. Perry has the rocket but Naslund has more and better pt finishes. Outside of Perry's hart, he never finished top 10. Naslund has 1 more 1st AST. The answer is Naslund.

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
I’m sorry fellow Nucks fans, but it’s Perry. He won everything at every level of hockey for a reason. One of the best net front greasers of all time. Played big and hard and mean. Had hands to back it all up.

Naslund had a wrister and not a lot else. Yall crazy to take Naslund over Perry.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I’m sorry fellow Nucks fans, but it’s Perry. He won everything at every level of hockey for a reason. One of the best net front greasers of all time. Played big and hard and mean. Had hands to back it all up.

Naslund had a wrister and not a lot else. Yall crazy to take Naslund over Perry.

The wrister was one of the best in the game though. And Naslund was also the better skater, puck handler and passer.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Top 10 goals
Perry: 1,2,6,9,10
Naslund: 2,5,7,7

Top 10 pts
Perry: 3,5
Naslund: 2,2,4

Top 10 hart
Perry: 1
Naslund: 2,5,5

AST
Perry: 1,1
Naslund: 1,1,1

Perry has a hart, Naslund has a lindsay. Perry has the rocket but Naslund has more and better pt finishes. Outside of Perry's hart, he never finished top 10. Naslund has 1 more 1st AST. The answer is Naslund.
Playoffs performance swing far in Perry’s favor.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Perry's prime lasted a lot longer and he won a cup.
Naslund was really only great for a few years and Perry was always a much more complete player.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Perry's prime lasted a lot longer and he won a cup.
Naslund was really only great for a few years and Perry was always a much more complete player.

I wouldn’t say a lot longer. Perry was a top line player for about 8-9 seasons. Naslund for about 6-7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad