News Article: Corey Perry Suspension for Hit on Ryan Ellis

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Well, there you go. The NHL proves again they are not interested in the concussions caused by illegal shots to the head. The NHL prefers to be known as a league allowing violence beyond reason. Rough, tough and hard hitting is what the game brings; not head hunters looking to maim and injure.

Reactions: hido and SouthNash

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Ellis hit on Buchnevich = no hearing, no suspension

Perry hit on Ellis = five game suspension

But the kids on the main board will continue to argue that the two hits are identical, or even that the Buchnevich hit was worse lol

I know the DoPS history isn't a model of consistency, but these two hits are on completely different levels and the league got it right in both cases, maybe even a little lenient on Perry.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Ellis hit on Buchnevich = no hearing, no suspension

Perry hit on Ellis = five game suspension

But the kids on the main board will continue to argue that the two hits are identical, or even that the Buchnevich hit was worse lol

I know the DoPS history isn't a model of consistency, but these two hits are on completely different levels and the league got it right in both cases, maybe even a little lenient on Perry.
One also has a history of doing dumb crap.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Bottom line is:
Perry gets kicked out of game.
Ellis misses rest of game with injury.
Advantage: Dallas
Perry gets 5 games off.
Ellis goes on IR.
Advantage: Dallas
After 5 games Perry returns.
Ellis returns???
Advantage: Dallas(maybe)
Winners:
Perry
Dallas
Losers:
Ellis
Nashville
NHL
All of this before the largest TV audience of the year in the most publicized hockey event of the year. Shameful. Sometimes the NHL decision makers are just plain stupid.
Sometimes “dirty” pays dividends.

Reactions: hido

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Now that the suspension has been handed out we should learn more about how long Ellis will be out. If he is day to day then the 5 games is a little steep if he is put on the IR for weeks then the hit should have been more than 5. Perry has had two 4 game suspensions in the past so adding one game is Mehhh.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Well, there you go. The NHL proves again they are not interested in the concussions caused by illegal shots to the head. The NHL prefers to be known as a league allowing violence beyond reason. Rough, tough and hard hitting is what the game brings; not head hunters looking to maim and injure.

Perry just got the maximum penalty allowed for the telephonic hearing.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I didn't think they'd give him that many. Good to see that he got the 5 instead of just 1 or 2 like I expected. (I don't really have any hope of the NHL actually meting out meaningful suspensions anymore). 5 will do. Although the sad irony is that with how bad Perry is these days it will probably just help the Stars to replace him with somebody else in the lineup. :(

Jul 12, 2007
Good thing that we just keep getting smaller. The power play is our enforcer ! Don't worry, Watson will take care of it. He doesn't have enough to worry about with AA, suspensions, relationship problems ....... getting smoked by guys like Reaves or Wilson is no big deal ..... he's our big guy !

Just waiting for the continuing 20-year cascade of "nuh-uh !!" from my old buddies. Wrong for 20 years; doesn't dissuade them one bit lol.

Don't know who this Old Fan fella is, but I like the cut of his jib. All others are just giblets.

lol, just watched Watson have to go with Delauriers, who's not even that big, or that experienced. Sad. And I love Watson, he's just not big enough to stop the dirty hits and injuries to the little guys. Though he offers his face up anyways .... good team guy.

Jul 12, 2007
We do have a guy with the size and skillset. Goes by the name of Tinordi. Rumored to have been a great prospect once, before MONT screwed him up.

Nah, we won't let him play. We'll play Irwin and "THE HAMMER !" Hamhuis instead. Remember when we used to call him that years ago ? lol, because of his big scary ass-check, which he doesn't even do anymore.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We do have a guy with the size and skillset. Goes by the name of Tinordi. Rumored to have been a great prospect once, before MONT screwed him up.

Nah, we won't let him play. We'll play Irwin and "THE HAMMER !" Hamhuis instead. Remember when we used to call him that years ago ? lol, because of his big scary ass-check, which he doesn't even do anymore.
He's played the last two games. Also Delauriers has more fights than anyone in the NHL this season with 9. Watson was 3rd with 5. No one fights in this league anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad