Rumor: Corey Hirsch -" I'm 100% sure Nashville wants to move Subban this summer"

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Also....... what a little sh** whimp ass player that makes cheap shots at the other teams best players and will not act like a man and stand up for himself.... He is like a French Riberro that turtles and goes back to the players bench and trysts to high five his team mates trying to congratulate himself on getting the other team a penalty and a powerplay.... and the players on his own bench just be ashamed of his antics.....

In case you are wondering I have zero respect for this player and I am so glad he is not associated on my team.

Babcock healthy scratched him as a 7-8 dman after he was forced to take him on Canada Olympic team after Subhan won the Norris trophy.

Bad attitude/Bad character ..... good Sportsnet T.V personality.... the type of person that people love to hate.

what the hell does this even mean? :huh: As opposed to an English Ribiero? How about a Russian Ribeiro? Are they any better or worse than the French ones?

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
Wonder if Devils would make a call on this. Shero and Poile have an excellent relationship, have made a bunch of deals in last few years. Devils have glaring need for established D, have cap space for his deal.

What I like about it from NJD perspective is how it is a short term deal at this point. Nowhere in UFA will you get a player of this caliber at $10M for only 3 years.

Devils have improved their prospect pool and have a bunch of picks, including 3 #2's.

I really don't know what Nashville wants but going on assumption that their main interest is to shed the contract, what about starting a package around NJD 2019 #2 (33 overall) and Will Butcher?

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
He may not be well liked in the room among teammates but he's a fine man in my books. Raised well by his parents. He's using his God-given talent playing a sport as a platform to help the less fortunate. We should all strive to be as generous as Pernell-Karl Sylvester.

#PKApproved
Agreed with the latter part of this post. But, again, where does this bogus narrative of him being a problem in the locker room come from? Someone is slightly different from the typical Canadian player and ergo facto everyone hAtEs hIm because he's not Sean Monahan personality-wise.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Really? Its a Subban thread. Put 1+1 together. He was an ex-player and a fan favourite. You guys weren't sour about the trade?

My comment was in regards to the poster I quoted who threw the "french Ribiero" comment into the fray for whatever reason. Not sure how you got that I was sour about the Subban trade in that.

BrettM

Oct 3, 2017
Proposal.....

To Detroit:P.K Subban + 2nd round pick
To Nashville:Michael Rasmussen, Darren Helm and Anthony Mantha

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
My comment was in regards to the poster I quoted who threw the "french Ribiero" comment into the fray for whatever reason. Not sure how you got that I was sour about the Subban trade in that.
Wasn't directed at you. Maybe I shouldn't have quoted you. I quoted you that in response to the French Ribeiro guy, he's obviously the one who's sour about PK.

Johnny B Good

Sep 21, 2011
Lol at PK saying he doesn't care why he is not a Montreal Canadien. I truly believe he would rather be in Montreal than in Nashville.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Charity shouldnt include red carpet and a tailored pinstripe suit to buy your brand.

That said, im not sure its the character issues as the real reasons as to why Nashville wants to move on from PK.

Serious neck injury and and this years back injuries will seriously change EVERYTHING about how a player performs.

Now with serious time to rest, things can improve but that man is now 29 and alot of hard miles on that body. Worth $9/yr for the next 3 seasons? Perhaps, but he is now 2nd pairing D and thats alot of cap space for that position. Especially with Fabbro knockin on his heels.

He doesnt have a NTC, so he literally goes to the highest bidder between all 30 other teams
I agree with you on your analysis.
I think Nashville potentially wanting to move him has less to do with his supposed character issues and more to do with his declining play and very high salary.
I'm just not sure how many teams would be all that interested in him unless they could be sending a bad contract back in the trade.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I agree with you on your analysis.
I think Nashville potentially wanting to move him has less to do with his supposed character issues and more to do with his declining play and very high salary.
I'm just not sure how many teams would be all that interested in him unless they could be sending a bad contract back in the trade.
He was dealing with a nagging injury this year. That's the reason for his play and stats. He's not declining. Watch him now and you would see. Not taking a cap dump for a top defenseman

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If we strike out in free agency, what would Nashville want from Vancouver? Pieces that can fit in now, or would picks be the center of the package?

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If we strike out in free agency, what would Nashville want from Vancouver? Pieces that can fit in now, or would picks be the center of the package?
Assuming the Preds consider this because Fabbro can fill the #4 role I'd guess a high-quality young forward, a good prospect and pick (s) as a base. Even then, it would have to be a pretty quality package to move the needle. There's no urgency to move him.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Assuming the Preds consider this because Fabbro can fill the #4 role I'd guess a high-quality young forward, a good prospect and pick (s) as a base. Even then, it would have to be a pretty quality package to move the needle. There's no urgency to move him.

I'd expect he's not going to be ridden out of town tarred and feathered, but what position is Nashville shopping for as far as prospects?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We are pretty iffy across the board. Forward tends to be our traditional weak area but the right D prospect would be intriguing as well.

We're pretty thin on D prospect s at the moment. Juolevi is the only one of any significance I could see us offering (of our D prospects specifically) but forwards would be hit or miss too, as we have a lot of NCAA talent from later rounds that could be top Sixers, but no one game breaking that isn't on the roster at the moment.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I mean I'm not sure why I need to explain this, one would think it's just logic but here we go...

Donating money for a good cause, in any way shape or form, and any amount that suits your budget, is a good action.

Making good actions, paired with not making bad actions, makes you a good person.

The end.

I'm not sure why you're comparing two good actions and trying to determine whether one is better than the other, that's completely irrelevant. The initial point of the poster I was replying to is that Subban striked him as a bad person. If Subban strikes you as a bad person and you want to argue about that, fine let's do it. Otherwise you're not adding anything.

PK Subban seems to be one of the most loved and hated player in the league. People either love him or hate him based on his personality while they should judge him on his actions. Very few are actually able to be neutral when talking about him, especially the good old boys club that just hate anyone that has a personality and isn't afraid to show it. If McDavid did what Subban did as "donation" (feel free to call it whatever you wanna call it), there would be ****ing parades in every city in North America for him and every HF poster would be praising him and taking flights to Edmonton just to feed him grapes and wax his shoes. Now, because it's Subban .. Completely different story. People are here arguing whether donating 100$ makes you a lesser person than someone who donates 200$. Absolutely nuts man.

And I know some people here are just TRIGGERED whenever they hear something positive about Subban. This thread just further proves that and honestly it's just the funniest thing seeing people scramble trying to spin everything he does into a negative.

3f2.jpeg

Some people can't stand his swag and his awesomness. Bunch of haters.

And it's not just his donation: Subban also gives his damn time too. He gives a shit about what he's doing.
He's a way better person than myself, at the very least.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
My concerns about Subban why MTL and Nashville would be in such a hurry to move the guy. I mean, Norris Trophy winning d-men don't grow on trees. MTL moved him while he was right in his prime.

I think it's clear he impacts team chemistry in a bad way.

Can't say for Nashville (if the rumors are true, of course), but as for Montreal: our GM is goddamn Marc Bergevin.
Would you trade him?

Would you do a "Marc Bergevin" move?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad