Recalled/Assigned: Corban Knight recalled, Kampfer placed on IR

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
He'll fit right in with MacKenzie out. He's good in the faceoff circle and plays a good two-way game. I can't see him getting more than 10 minutes of ice-time honestly

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Kampfer is on IR as well. Hearing he can barely straighten his leg on crutches.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Was it the same knee he had surgery on back in April?

He never had surgery on it, but this injury and the one in April was not the 2nd time he's been out with a knee injury. He's suffered at least 2 other knee injuries since 2011, although I'm not sure which knees were actually injured in those.

The injury from April was the left knee I believe.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Knight is a good 2 way player who can handle some important FO duties. Kind of surprised as he really only has a couple of games under his belt since back surgery prior to the season. Tallon must have felt in talking with him and Rowe that he was strong enough to handle the call up. Be interesting to see if he slots in the 3rd or 4th line.

Rocco I'm sure is disappointed, but I think Tallon wants to see if his recent scoring binge is for real or just a blip.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Should be interesting to see him finally play as a Panther, with the refusal to sign and stuff. :snide:

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
thornton :'( I am going to the game tomorrow and i dont want to see him on the ice.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
He'll fit right in with MacKenzie out. He's good in the faceoff circle and plays a good two-way game. I can't see him getting more than 10 minutes of ice-time honestly

Anyone heard anything with MacK?

Didn't look good at the time of the injury. His right leg really flailed on contact, which really makes me think it was a right knee injury, think football. Hopefully it's just something like a slight knee sprain.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Anyone heard anything with MacK?

Didn't look good at the time of the injury. His right leg really flailed on contact, which really makes me think it was a right knee injury, think football. Hopefully it's just something like a slight knee sprain.

He wasn't putting pressure on his right leg as he went down the tunnel. Haven't heard anything though

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Should be interesting to see him finally play as a Panther, with the refusal to sign and stuff. :snide:
The guy was a real headcase back then. Thought he would just waltz right into the NHL and takeover the 3rd line center in Calgary. Then Monahan was drafted and excelled and everyone took a demotion. That ended Knights dreams of playing close to home. Got to tip my hat to him for all the hard work he did in his community after the floods.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
thornton :'( I am going to the game tomorrow and i dont want to see him on the ice.
That would be a shock. Since Howden was a healthy scratch last game, I guess it's Brickley's turn to sit. I doubt they will sit Shaw since he has been playing on the 3rd line.

Boulton and Martin will probably suit up if Thornton is playing. Only means the usual staged fight with one of them. Totally takes the team out of rotating four lines that can skate.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
How Thornton keeps to play is just.... there's no words anymore.. Gallant needs to go he's a relic

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Lol i wonder what Howden did...unless shaw is sitting this time.

Whats our record with Thorton in....like one win?

I don't see how Shaw could also sit, Knight replaces Mackenzie and I'm eager to see what he can do. It'd be hard to sit Shaw right now, he's played very well lately.

Howden not playing is stupid. We may not have a lot to draw on, but you play Howden over Thornton every time. You only play Thornton when you have no other choice, and last I saw, you have a decent choice.

Unfortunately, I can see why Gallant was a great assistant coach and not so much a head one.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
MacKenzie sustained a lower-body injury Saturday in Boston but was walking around without much of a limp and is considered day-to-day.

“We’re very optimistic,†Tallon said.

With all the unsupported optimism, I'm starting to think the Panthers staff doesn't put much trust in medical science.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad