Cooking authentic cuisine

HanTykje

Jan 8, 2022
Norway
www.instagram.com

More people like me that is busy cooking authentic food from the countrys origin? Using authentic recipes from that country where the recipe is from? with right ingridens etc?

I have trying to this for some years now, cooking Italian, French, Greek and in the future i will try make som African, South Korean, Pakistan/Indian and Mexican food.
Its not easy to make authentic food here in Norway if dont live in the right places, poeple that live in and around the capital Oslo will find it more easy to buy from Italian, Mexican food stores that you cant get anywhere else in the country and the cheese import tax in Norway is about 40-120% (depens on the cheese)

My top dishes are:

1. Tagliolini alla San Daniele
  2. Risottos
  3. Lasagne Bolognese Ragù
  4. Spaghetti Carbonara
  5. Spezzantino
  6. Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe
  7. Spaghetti Aglio e Olio

Last edited:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
a4682c225a.jpg

Presentation skills still need some work (this was a year ago), but I like asian and asian-fusion cuisine especially these days. This one is some french-korean fusion. Italian and medditeranean always good too. Most of my pictures suck because I use my phone and don't have a proper set-up to take pictures. I make a killer korean chili.

I also like to experiment with weird ingredients combination as I'm really into food pairing science and molecular cooking. Also very into vegan stuff even though I am not vegan. I'd say a little more than ~60% of my meals are vegan though.

Reactions: HanTykje
Sep 19, 2008
Too much effort. But I saw you could make a slow cooker lasagna from scratch! It appears easier!

HanTykje

Jan 8, 2022
Norway
www.instagram.com
a4682c225a.jpg

Presentation skills still need some work (this was a year ago), but I like asian and asian-fusion cuisine especially these days. This one is some french-korean fusion. Italian and medditeranean always good too. Most of my pictures suck because I use my phone and don't have a proper set-up to take pictures. I make a killer korean chili.

I also like to experiment with weird ingredients combination as I'm really into food pairing science and molecular cooking. Also very into vegan stuff even though I am not vegan. I'd say a little more than ~60% of my meals are vegan though.
I like to learn all the basic cooking skill and culture from that country that dish/recipe comes from before i go further its more easier, easier to remember recipe by heart.

Its that steak?

Its not easy here in Norway to get the right ingridients since it can be expesive, always need more that you need to you can use it to more dishes, also try and grow some from the kitchen garden.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I like to learn all the basic cooking skill and culture from that country that dish/recipe comes from before i go further its more easier, easier to remember recipe by heart.

Its that steak?

Its not easy here in Norway to get the right ingridients since it can be expesive, always need more that you need to you can use it to more dishes, also try and grow some from the kitchen garden.
I think it was some steak cut yeah. Squares are potatoes. Orange is a gochujang mash. White is a garlic cream. Some spinach and a shroom.

It's quite interesting to see the difference in cooking techniques there are in asia. Learned a lot from some videos on youtube with english subtitles.

It's not too hard to find some fancy imported ingredients where I live (Quebec City), though whenever I go to Montreal, which has a large asian population, I always stop by some large asian groceries and stock up.

Never tried growing anything, and probably won't, because I live in an appartment and while I have a balcony, I'm scared of bees and wasps... soooo....

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
a4682c225a.jpg

f*** you are shitty and cute

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad