Line Combos: Converters

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
We lost the chance to move Paajarvi to D...but now that Hall has successfully transitioned to centre....which other player can we mess with for the bettering of the team?

I'm thinking D to forward...might be good thunking.

Turrican*

Smid to forward sounds like an idea?

Maybe our GM would like it. :sarcasm:

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
We lost the chance to move Paajarvi to D...but now that Hall has successfully transitioned to centre....which other player can we mess with for the bettering of the team?

I'm thinking D to forward...might be good thunking.

I realise this may not have been intended to be a serious thread and that this actually this might sound strange but Brandon Davidson to forward is something I might consider. He played a bit up front in OKC and looked pretty good.

I really like the kid. He's got skill and decent size. He is probably too far down on the pecking order to make it as a defenseman in the Oilers system butas a forward you never know.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I realise this may not have been intended to be a serious thread and that this actually this might sound strange but Brandon Davidson to forward is something I might consider. He played a bit up front in OKC and looked pretty good.

I really like the kid. He's got skill and decent size. He is probably too far down on the pecking order to make it as a defenseman in the Oilers system butas a forward you never know.

it was tongue in cheek, yes....but the glut of D might actually make things interesting if guys pan out over the next few years/we get lucky...

Nurse would make a nice Byfgulien clone circa 2008-2010

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
it was tongue in cheek, yes....but the glut of D might actually make things interesting if guys pan out over the next few years/we get lucky...

Nurse would make a nice Byfgulien clone circa 2008-2010

I think Nurse is a defensemen plain and simple. Byfuglien is an offensive defenseman with a forward's instincts.

Still DRAI

Jun 15, 2013
Justin Schultz would obviously be effective as a scoring winger - if we run into the unfortunate scenario where our top six gets depleted by injuries, I'd rather see him in this role than trying to boost a Joensuu or Jones type player into a scoring role!

If it turned out that one of our many #5-6 d-men could dominate in the faceoff dot, I wouldn't be aghast to see them on our fourth line. Probably a better option to prevent our fourth liners from getting murdered on the scoreboard than hoping Miller/Acton/other AHL centres. I see this being unlikely bordering on impossible, though.

The Human Torch

Sep 7, 2005
Amsterdam
One season years ago there was an Oilers' optional practice where a whole ton of players swapped positions for a scrimmage. The winning goal was scored on Doug Weight by Curtis Joseph.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad