Controversial No Goal in Avs/Stars OT

Do you think it should have been

• Goal

• No Goal

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
There isn't a frame that shows contact made within the crease. Because there wasn't contact in the crease.

That's not the rule. You're living in the past. The goaltender cannot be disrupted just because he's outside his crease.

Contact Outside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates any contact with a goalkeeper, other than incidental contact, while the goalkeeper is outside his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning orby contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within hiscrease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

Last edited:

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Regardless of what you think, idiots like Biz making asinine comments about the refs having money on draft kings thus giving the idiot tin foil hat conspiracy theorists desperate to feel like the league has it out for them (for whatever reason) more fuel for them dumbass need to be victims should be smarter. I got a friend who isn’t much of a hockey fan but for some reason apparently knows everything about hockey and is now convinced the league is rigged (like every league) and the refs have it out for them. It’s f***ing dumb and lazy and I feel bad for the dunbasses who truly feel every poor or even iffy call is a direct call from the league.

I’m arguing with another moron on twitter who’s convinced the league made the call because they want the revenue from game 7. Yeah, they’re gonna do something so egregious and controversial just to make a couple million from another game. Like, be smarter for once in your life.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Pretty obvious goal. Makar pushes him into the goalie.

Regardless of what you think, idiots like Biz making asinine comments about the refs having money on draft kings thus giving the idiot tin foil hat conspiracy theorists desperate to feel like the league has it out for them (for whatever reason) more fuel for them dumbass need to be victims should be smarter. I got a friend who isn’t much of a hockey fan but for some reason apparently knows everything about hockey and is now convinced the league is rigged (like every league) and the refs have it out for them. It’s f***ing dumb and lazy and I feel bad for the dunbasses who truly feel every poor or even iffy call is a direct call from the league.

I’m arguing with another moron on twitter who’s convinced the league made the call because they want the revenue from game 7. Yeah, they’re gonna do something so egregious and controversial just to make a couple million from another game. Like, be smarter for once in your life.
Well if the league doesn't want people to feel like the league is rigged maybe they shouldn't have the refs make decisions that consistently make it look rigged. Thought of that?

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
This semi-principle is so weird - like the video review is supposed to correct possible ref mistakes, not to justify almost any decision.
If the call on the ice were "good goal", then it would be overturned by the video refs because of goalie interference.

While refs on ice make mistakes from time to time (because the game is fast and humans can't keep up sometimes), the video refs are pretty much always correct (if they have a good enough videos to check) since the cameras can keep up with any game speed.

Last edited:

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Who gives a shit in the end? Dallas won, or, the right team won.

End of story.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Here are two frames. Both frames show that the Avs player did not make the contact with the Stars player yet. Both shows that the Stars player already made the contact with the goalie. The difference between 1st frame and 2nd frame shows how much the Avs goalie was pushed back by the Stars player (it is clear if you look at the goalie's top foot location on both frames).

View attachment 872817

View attachment 872818
Buddy, you keep arguing a losing case and are actually hurting your own argument.

Reactions: ElGuapo

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
Pretty obvious goal. Makar pushes him into the goalie.

Well if the league doesn't want people to feel like the league is rigged maybe they shouldn't have the refs make decisions that consistently make it look rigged. Thought of that?
lol exactly.

Like I don’t think the league is rigging games (though sometimes they try their best to make it seem that way), but I’m not gonna defend the NHL when the product and decisions you get are of this quality year after year.

The crazy thing would be to defend the NHL.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Is it too naive to hope that league would change goalie interference rule, asking as a fan
The real time game stuff, you can see how it has to be reviewed. I can give the refs on those calls some understanding.
The goof balls back in the situation room?? No excuses........they cannot miss those calls.
Avs fans know this was a goal.
At least Dallas won the game so...............................

Also, who was the genius who made the thread, Dallas is just a paper Tiger after two losses to Vegas?

LOL............

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
There's no controversy. That is not even remotely close to being goaltender interference and the league is lucky Dallas won anyway. It really shouldn't be this difficult.

Reactions: ElGuapo

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I'm not seeing the controversy here. Reading the rule in the NHL rule book for 23-24, the Dallas player makes incidental contact with Georgiev's head while Georgiev is in his crease. At the top of it, but still in it. He wasn't forced in by the Avs defender. It's enough to make Georgiev adjust his position. A goal results. The Dallas player doesn't have to hit Georgiev with force. Just make contact. Argue the rule if you want, but I think the rule was correctly applied.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Makar pushed him in. Should have been a goal. It's no contest.

I'm not seeing the controversy here. Reading the rule in the NHL rule book for 23-24, the Dallas player makes incidental contact with Georgiev's head while Georgiev is in his crease. At the top of it, but still in it. He wasn't forced in by the Avs defender. It's enough to make Georgiev adjust his position. A goal results. The Dallas player doesn't have to hit Georgiev with force. Just make contact. Argue the rule if you want, but I think the rule was correctly applied.
Makar pushed him in though.

Reactions: Seattle Totems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad