Do you think it should have been

• Goal

• No Goal

Results are only viewable after voting.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
If the Avs win this series it will be the worst call ever made in terms of deciding a series. All other bad calls I can think of at least had more hockey left, but if this call is right the series is over.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Should have been a goal on the ice, but unfortunately it was called no goal, and since the league wouldn't want to make the refs look bad, the standard has always been requiring conclusive evidence to overturn a call.

And thus, the call on the ice stands. Every team gets screwed the same by these "require conclusive evidence" reviews.

Reactions: rea

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Should have been a goal on the ice, but unfortunately it was called no goal, and since the league wouldn't want to make the refs look bad, the standard has always been requiring conclusive evidence to overturn a call.

And thus, the call on the ice stands. Every team gets screwed the same by these "require conclusive evidence" reviews.
Exactly what I said and my thought. The Ref who called it off was behind the net, and realtime sees from the backside, sees wtvr he sees, and does not want to be the Ref who allows a team to get knocked out on a GI call. Played it safe hoping that there was evidence to show in replay one way or the other

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I love how the official google result is a 3-1 Stars win in Double OT . Lol

Attachments

• Lol.jpg
    Lol.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 5

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Dallas got away with a steal there imo

Should have been a coach's challenge that gets rejected, and a game loss on the PK

Lucky refs were on their side

Would have most likely been an automatic league review either way because the disputed goal was in OT.

I’m also highly confused by the pretzel logic that this somehow translates to the refs being on the Stars side? If the Refs were favoring Dallas they would have simply called a good goal on the ice rather than GI.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad