Speculation: CONTEST! Predict 5 quotes by Bergevin on his July 1st/UFA Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Hey. Might as well have a good time and laugh about it. So here's the contest;

Try to predict 5 quotes from Bergevin during his July 1st Press Conference.

- Every semantically correct quote gets a point.
- Plus 1 points for every player you correctly identify in a quote.
- Plus 2 points for every ACQUIRED player you correctly identify in a quote.
- You don't get points for a quote if you identified a player and he's not been mentionned.
- The quotes have to bear the same meaning as what Bergevin says. It doesn't have to be a litteral translation.

Here are mine;

- "Top Centers come at a premium. It's hard to get a good one." (potentially 1 point)
- "I called players but sometimes they're not interested. There's nothing I can do about that." (potentially 1 point)
- "Antoine Roussel and Max Domi add a lot of character to our group" (potentially 4 points)
- "Tomas Plekanec is a good veteran and we're happy to have him back." (potentially 3 points)
- "Philip Danault is a real good player and we're happy to have him on board long term." (potentially 2 points)

So I'm going with a safe-ish board. A potential of 11 points right there.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: ArtPeur

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
predict how many times the words "Character" and "Attitude" are used

"trades are hard"
"trades don't happen"
"those players are not available"
"we have a #1C now"

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
"He plays with a lot of CHaracter"
"He's got good speed"
"Strong defensively"
"We wanted Pleky to finish his career as a Montreal Canadien"

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
- Playing in Montreal was a priority for John Tavares. He will look good in a Habs uniform.
- Jonathan Drouin will most likely start the season in his natural position on the wing.
- We decided to buy-out the contract of Karl Alzner. Giving him such a big contract was a mistake.
- I'm pleased to announce that Andrei Markov is coming back to Montreal.
- I want to thank Max Pacioretty for his services. But we believe these 2 first round picks in 2019 and 2020 will help us moving forward.

A fan can dream... right? :sarcasm:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
- Playing in Montreal was a priority for John Tavares. He will look good in a Habs uniform.
- Jonathan Drouin will most likely start the season in his natural position on the wing.
- We decided to buy-out the contract of Karl Alzner. Giving him such a big contract was a mistake.
- I'm pleased to announce that Andrei Markov is coming back to Montreal.
- I want to thank Max Pacioretty for his services. But we believe these 2 first round picks in 2019 and 2020 will help us moving forward.

A fan can dream... right? :sarcasm:

Jesus...

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
"Reset"

I tried my best , if you guys only knew the talks that went on , you would understand why I did not do certain things

We are aiming to be part of the cluster of teams competing for a playoff spot and with Carey anything is possible.

The additions I brought in have the right "attitude"

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
"We're building/looking to the future"
"We need to build our team through the draft and that's what Timmins and I are doing"

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
1) in a perfect world Tavares would have signed in Montreal. At the end of the day, he was UFA and choose to go elsewhere.
2) Plekanek will help the young players. At the end of the day we need centers and he was available. If you knew, you would understand but centers are not available. We are lucky to have Plekanek.
3) I'm not a big fan of July 1st. Last year I tried with Alzner and Streit/Gelinas and we were able to build a better defence. This year we signed Després so we are even better.
4) The plan is to traded Pac/Weber/Price and go full rebuild. But trades are hard.
5) Our lineup is bad but we the new coaching staff we will try some new things. No center and no PMD. We think that with a healty Price everything is possbible. If we can get 50 blocked shots everygame we could win a lot of 1-0 games.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Pleky
C'est difficile
Jai tres confiance en notre groupe
Le charactere est meilleur
Statsny est tres bon, je connais son pere.....

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
"Max has been a good player for us and he will continue to be a good player for us"
"We are looking towards the future, a lot of the players I'm looking at will be here long after me"
"We've got a good young group to build off of"
"I'd rather talk about our players"
"John Tavares was a distraction to us, I think he was alway's going to sign with the Islanders"

Reactions: junyab

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
You can never have to many fouth liners and 7/8 defensemen.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
With the money I saved Molson under the cap, my suit allowance went up oh and I’m resigning because I’m horrible at my job

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Yes we have 15.4 million dollars in Cap space and that will give us wiggle room to make some moves over the season and the trade deadline.

There was nothing of interest in the market. Trades are hard and I can't force a player to chose Montreal.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
"Of course we want a young number 1 C , nobody is giving them away!"
"Everybody wanted Tavares but in the end it's his decision to make and there are many factors"
"We believe in building teams with players that want to play here and that's important to us"
"We believe Paul Stastny is worth the 7M/year for the next 6 years"
"Our team has good character and leadership and the objective is to make the playoffs"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad