Construction GM Game idea

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I was wondering if anyone was interested in this idea I thought of last idea. Each GM will select a team and can only protect 5 roster players and 5 prospects (NHL players are classified as players who have played in over 100 games. Any player who has played less will classify as a prospect. For goalies it is 30 games or more to qualify as an NHL). To fill out the remaining roster spots there will be a 17 round draft along with a 7 round prospect draft. This will give teams 22 roster players and 12 prospects.

Now another thing to note is instead of first come first serve there will be a team draft in which GMs will choose the team they want. That should go by quickly as there will be a short clock and GMs will just be skipped if they miss their 5 minute team slot.

There seems to be a lot of drafts but the game basically breaks down to this:

3 drafts

Team selection draft- GMs choose their teams
NHL player draft- GM selects NHLers
Prospect draft- GM selects prospects

Key Points

Once a GM selects their team he will choose 5 players and 5 prospects to protect.
All GMs will draft any player who is not protected or is a player from a team that wasn't selected in the Team Select Draft.

I'm looking for at least 16 GMs but I am open to expanding it to the 20,22,24 range. If you are interested or have any ideas post below.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
I'm down -- If you need help, I gotchu

Now another thing to note is instead of first come first serve there will be a team draft in which GMs will choose the team they want. That should go by quickly as there will be a short clock and GMs will just be skipped if they miss their 5 minute team slot.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
By count there are around 14 people interested. Hopefully we can get a few more. If we do get enough I'm going to need some assistance. Please let me know if you are willing to pitch in in any of the following areas:

- managing the draft
- setting up a draft table

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
donghabs98
xxOPPNOOBZxx
DonutLee
edguy
Dabeast
showjaxx
Ronaldo
LatvianTwist
VanIslander
trick9
stempniaksen
Chet Donnelly
Boltsfan9175
Slats432

That's 14 ... and counting. :handclap:

donghabs98 said:
I'm looking for at least 16 GMs but I am open to expanding it to the 20,22,24 range.
Looks like it'll happen!

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Masthead-3-The-Number-16.jpg

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I should have the full OP up later tonight if not tomorrow afternoon. The team selection draft will be tomorrow night at 6:00pm EST. That should give some time to see if anyone else wants to join in too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad