OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) V- Use Spoiler Tags!

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I had forgotten some of the details from the original set of episodes, but HBO started a follow up on their 2015 series "The Jinx." It profiled accused murderer Robert Durst who is part of a billionaire real estate family. In the early 80's his first wife went missing and was never found. In 2000 his friend was found murdered presumably because she had knowledge about the first case. Durst then went into hiding and then admitted to murdering/dismembering his neighbor. And then somehow (insert Texas joke here), they were able to successfully argue self-defense.

Durst seemed oddly willing to talk about all of it, although it seemed to be a case where he had rehearsed his story for so many years. In one of the early episodes, there was some foreshadowing as Durst asked to take a break but didn't realized he was still mic'd up. Whoever he was there with then pointed that out as Durst was practicing his next set of answers.

In the finale, the documentary crew uncovered new evidence that could implicate Durst in the 2000 murder. After seeing that evidence, Durst asked to be excused to use the restroom and once again forgot he was mic'd. He proceeded to seemingly confess to the murders while talking to himself.

He went on the run again after that and was arrested a day before the finale aired on HBO. The first new episode picks up from there. If you're a true crime fan, it's probably worth a watch although it is creepy as the likely murderer all but happily is speaking to the camera professing his innocence.

Watched episode 2 yesterday and they keep finding more oddball associates of Durst. I suppose weirdos attract other weirdos. Not sure I'd recommend the series, definitely seems like they're milking things to get to a 45 minute run time for each episode.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
It was really good. And they left the door open to these characters showing up later. Which they probably will given how much Filoni loves the Clone Wars era (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Was never a big fan of Omega as a character but she was great in this episode. Echo’s story arc from the Clone Wars series to this series has become one of my favorites.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Was never a big fan of Omega as a character but she was great in this episode. Echo’s story arc from the Clone Wars series to this series has become one of my favorites.
Why not a fan of Omega? They make an excellent wristwatch. The Planet Ocean series is really sharp.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Monkey Man was fun, kind of silly, shot in a cool way. Like a more emo, Indian John Wick.

I liked Fallout. They captured the game's vibe well. I'm not sure I like having two super naive, borderline idiotic lead characters, but Walton Goggins makes up for it (as he always does). I wish it was a little more serious and less comedic but it's not that big of a deal.

Three Body Problem series was surprisingly good. Testament to Cixin Liu but a lot of the scenery was almost exactly as I imagined it while reading the book.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
New Superman is David Corenswet. I dont love this first image, honestly thought it was Cavill at first glance, it looks doom and gloomy like the Synderverse and I want a bright, colorful and happy smiling Superman...

Reactions: Devils731

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
New Superman is David Corenswet. I dont love this first image, honestly thought it was Cavill at first glance, it looks doom and gloomy like the Synderverse and I want a bright, colorful and happy smiling Superman...

He’s a man of the people.

End of the world going on and he just casually puts on his work boots.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Helldivers 2 is a hell of a good fun game.

Starship Troopers + Aliens + Halo taking only the best parts of each. The over the top patriotism and "I'm doing my part" tongue in cheek humor is perfection.

Getting 3 of your buddies to squad up and go hunt bugs or bots in 10-45 minute missions at a time is also the perfect dose for parents squeezing in a quick game after the kids go to bed.

Will def be game of the year candidate after resolving the Sony account issue in the past couple of days.

Also just started Fallout series and first ep was perfection. The first 15 minutes had me open jawed going WHAAAAAA - holy shit this is good production/writing.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

For me, a good version of a Superman tale has a Superman who is relentlessly good but has internal emotional challenges about knowing if he’s doing enough good or could do more good. So he’s a light in the room and gloom, questioning if he’s bright enough.

I think that feeling of being good enough is something us regulars can relate to and even sympathize with. Being able to punch things harder than anyone isn’t relatable.

Knowing some of the stories Gunn referenced as some of the influences I feel like he gets that a good Superman story is about the feels that we can relate to and not about the action; action is just a bonus. So I’ve got some hope this is a good Superman movie.

————

I also like this that the Garfield movie producer put out.

IMG_2998.jpeg

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Last game I played that I loved was Dave the Diver. Super fun - you dive, fish and then run a sushi restaurant. Really polished and balanced game and it's pretty funny too.

Sort of Pokemon-ish except you turn them into sushi.

My3Sons

Sponsor

So Gunn is trying to reboot DC by going to a younger cast of heroes? That could work if done well. I wonder what part Sean gets?

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
S
So Gunn is trying to reboot DC by going to a younger cast of heroes? That could work if done well. I wonder what part Sean gets?
So far he was Calendar Man in Suicide Squad (background character only and a CG character in it too), a voice role in an upcoming animated DC movie, and an unannounced role for this Superman movie.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
S

So far he was Calendar Man in Suicide Squad (background character only and a CG character in it too), a voice role in an upcoming animated DC movie, and an unannounced role for this Superman movie.
He’s too old to be Jimmy Olsen. Is there a DC character called SuperHangerOnBrother?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad