Player Discussion: Conor Sheary

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I hope he can be dealt soon but I doubt, first problem is the NTC and second, he doesn't have trade value, I mean, not a easy task sell him to another GM, except some master plan to involve another player and a good return or at least a pick to gain some cap space.

Reactions: aylib

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Can't remember the last time who doesn't do anything with the puck on his stick, nor does anything of note away from the puck. Should have gone after Heinen, Rodrigues, Sprong.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Jbb has really made some questionable moves with Cirelli extension, Jeannot trade, and sheary signing.
Hagel extension cancels out only one.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Jbb has really made some questionable moves with Cirelli extension, Jeannot trade, and sheary signing.
Hagel extension cancels out only one.
The rotating door at RD3, not keeping Pat, Myers, currently no contract for the captain.

Look JBB is a big part of the cups but it's a what have you done for me lately league and he has shown he isn't quote capable of retooling on the fly.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm about done with the experiment to be honest. He's always been a guy who does nothing half the season because he's so streaky. But at this point I would rather see us have the cap space going forward. He is a redundant skillset.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I'm about done with the experiment to be honest. He's always been a guy who does nothing half the season because he's so streaky. But at this point I would rather see us have the cap space going forward. He is a redundant skillset.
Yeah. You can't tell me there isn't a load of guys in Syracuse who can't do what he does, which is absolutely nothing, for over a million less in salary.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Problem If waived we have to part pay his salary against the cap and the player who we call ups salary.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Problem If waived we have to part pay his salary against the cap and the player who we call ups salary.
If that player has even slight potential to do better, the move should be done. Sheary brings nothing to the team and this far to the season, it's not about adjusting anymore.

I was pretty hopeful when we signed him that he could add some offense to the middle six but he's a complete passenger.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
If that player has even slight potential to do better, the move should be done. Sheary brings nothing to the team and this far to the season, it's not about adjusting anymore.

I was pretty hopeful when we signed him that he could add some offense to the middle six but he's a complete passenger.
I agree.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Sheary and Jeannot are his only real big mistakes. Cirelli and Serg are perhaps slightly overpaid, but there's still plenty of time for those contracts to look even better (and the rising cap mitigates some of it anyway), and both players were and are viewed as part of the current and future core, so they were.never going anywhere. If he can find a way to trade Sheary, while unlikely, great. If not then I agree its time to waive him. Maybe somebody will claim him, but if not, Tampa does gain 1.15 million in cap space, which could help in adding someone at the deadline or to cover whomever from Syracuse gets the promotion.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
My beer league team needs a winger due to an injury, can we talk Sheary into waiving his NTC? I offer JBB a bag of pucks .

Reactions: Tampa22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad