Value of: Conor Garland

Ottawa2171

Jan 8, 2020
Well I finally got around to watching the league's best kept secret in Conor Garland. And while it's obvious ARZ will not be moving him, what would a package look like that ARZ could not say no to?

Reactions: IlikeEich

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
1st + A+ prospect + up-and-coming player that can take over his spot. In other words, overpayment. He’s making a name for himself and on a dried-up offense, imagine him with a team that scores at an easier pace. Garland is very underrated, and he should be getting paid the big bucks soon.

Reactions: YotesFan47

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Garland is maybe the only 20 goal scorer the Coyotes have drafted and developed since moving to the desert. Plus, he's easy to like and quickly becoming a fan favorite. It's hard to imagine him being traded. I hope he gets a long term deal.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Garland brings more than just his offensive ability. Listen to him in interviews and he oozes leadership. Wouldnt be surprised to see an A on his jersey next year.

Not to mention his hustle seems to be rubbing off on his linemates.

Aside from nearly being a PPG player he brings so much more to this team that it has lacked for years. He may be the only "untouchable" on the Yotes. Possibly Chychrun as well.

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
Since the Blues are one of the teams I like to watch their games when the habs are not playing, I got to see some Coyotes games lately (They played like their last billion game against each other).

What I can say is that he seems really annoying to play against, while having some skills. To me, he seems to play a little bit like Brendan Gallagher, but with smarter decisions when he has the puck on his stick.

Those players are rare, and I really don't see why the coyotes would trade him, unless another team offer a really really good young player (The kind of player that most fans would deem untouchable, because he is the future of the franchise).

If that kind of player is not included, I don't think the Coyotes are open to have a discussion.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Garland is the best player on the team.
Took a couple seasons to translate his elite offensive game to the NHL but he is looking so talented on the ice. Remember, he did lead the CHL in scoring 2 years in a row.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I watched him play for Moncton and couldn't understand why a team didn't give him a shot. I know he's small but he motors and can play the game.He was the best player on the ice every time i watched him play.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
It would take a truckload to get Garland out of Arizona.

He has been their best goal scorer for 3 years, is a PPG player so far this year (only 13 games, I know), is only 24, and is making $775k this year.

Obviously he will need a sizable pay raise this off-season, but outside of him asking for the moon, the Coyotes will happily pay him going forward.

I don’t know what type of package it will take to get him, but whatever it is that team may be better keeping the assets because it is going to cost a lot.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
It would take a truckload to get Garland out of Arizona.

He has been their best goal scorer for 3 years, is a PPG player so far this year (only 13 games, I know), is only 24, and is making $775k this year.

Obviously he will need a sizable pay raise this off-season, but outside of him asking for the moon, the Coyotes will happily pay him going forward.

I don’t know what type of package it will take to get him, but whatever it is that team may be better keeping the assets because it is going to cost a lot.
He's an RFA and Armstrong should do everything within his power to buy-out as many of Garland's UFA years as possible. A 7x7 deal makes sense for both sides.

He'll be wearing the C in Arizona possibly sooner than later.

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
I doubt he leaves Arizona anytime soon unless he expressly asks for it. Just seems like the type of player you don't move at all costs

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Any fresh predictions on his next contract? His scoring has fallen off some, he’s still a treat to watch though.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Any fresh predictions on his next contract? His scoring has fallen off some, he’s still a treat to watch though.
That’s because no one can score on his sweet feeds.

I’d swing for the fences and sign a 7 x 7.15. Aligns with Keller’s deal perfectly.

Then I’d shop OEL to Boston or Vancouver again.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'd pay a haul from the Canes. Pick any two of 2021 1st, 2022 1st, Ryan Suzuki, Dominik Bokk, Jack Drury, Noel Gunler, Morgan Geekie, or Joey Keane. Add another 2nd or B prospect on top.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I'd be perfectly fine giving Garland 8x8 or 7x7 (in the hypothetical situation that those are possible). He's young, aligns with our proposed rebuild plan, is a leader, and is quite possibly our next captain. OEL probably won't be here forever. And Garland is the type of guy I see not falling off, he's like a tiny Jagr. Just the mere fact that he can produce by himself makes him worth 1000x more to us than to other teams, cause the rest of our players can't score on an empty net. If he demanded a trade I'd be extremely upset, more upset than Wheeler or Turris made me. But in that hypothetical scenario, being the only time I think he'd be traded, I'd want an elite 1A piece back and a replacement. A Stutzle, Byfield, Laf, Caufield, etc type forward coming back along with a middle/top six tweener coming back. Swing for the fences or not at all. So, overpayment.

Reactions: jay from jersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad