Connor vs DeBrusk

Who do you take going forward?

• Total voters

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
I could see debrusk being a 25-35 goal and 30a player. He's producing now and his game is still very raw. He should score more goals when he gets more into his prime. He already drives play and isn't just a passenger on Krejci's line. I like him better than hienen who is having a better year statistically.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Connor has better wheels and is more dynamic and creative in more areas of the ice. I think he has the higher ultimate ceiling (the OPs question, but not the question in the poll, so I don't know what to vote at all), BUT wouldn't say his chances of being the better player are more than 50/50.

I think DeBrusk's game from the face-off dots and down in the offensive zone is FAR superior to Connor's. Good quick hands on in close plays. Knows how to use his (growing and projectable) body to protect the puck around the net as both a playmaker and a scorer. DeBrusk is tenacious in the corners like a young Marchand (without the parts about Marchand people don't like) and no puck on a defenseman's stick is safe.

If I had to bet, I would bet Connor's average season results in more points (unless DeBrusk finds himself as net front PP1 guy at some point in his career), but DeBrusk ends up with better possession numbers.

Reactions: iSophagus

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Kyle Connor all ****ing day.

Bruins made a mistake. Could've had Connor, Barzal and Chabot.
Switch Boeser with Chabot, Chabot is really overrated. Could’ve made an insane line

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Kyle Connor all ****ing day.

Bruins made a mistake. Could've had Connor, Barzal and Chabot.

The mistake for sure was not taking Barzal, but it wasn't taking Debrusk.
He's a potential 1st line guy in the future with good overall game, and strong work ethic.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Nobody was even thinking of taking Boeser at that point in 2015.
I doubt anyone thought Andersson would go top 10 and Chytil was mostly ranked a 2nd rounder, teams reach all the time. Wasn’t Senyshyn or DeBrusk also not expected to go until late 1st?
Boeser wouldn’t even be that big of a reach

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Switch Boeser with Chabot, Chabot is really overrated. Could’ve made an insane line
Lol watch hockey, Chabot is an incredible puck mover already on pace for 35 points as a 20 year old on a terrible team. Hard to take your opinion seriously when you clearly have no clue.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Lol watch hockey, Chabot is an incredible puck mover already on pace for 35 points as a 20 year old on a terrible team. Hard to take your opinion seriously when you clearly have no clue.

And you don’t think Zboril would be up in the pros playing less protected minutes than Chabot if he was in the Ottawa organization. Bruins obviously messed up on Barzal. A lot of teams did. I’d take missing out on Barzal and hitting on Pasta and McAvoy 100 our of 100 times.

Back on topic, no one has said why Connor > DeBrusk yet?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Wouldn’t trade Connor for debrusk so Connor I guess

Wouldn’t make the trade from Boston’s perspective, either. Two top 6 wingers with legit top line upside. Different games. DeBrusk probably fits a cycle team better and Connor is better on the rush. I think anyone should be stoked with either.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I like Chabot but he was pretty overrated earlier (although talk of him has died down). Doubt he's more than a good 3D but people were saying he's a future top pairing guy and a lot said he'll be a 1D

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Kyle Connor. We're talking about rookies. You have to go with the more talented guy.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Really? Did they still count half the rookies on the Bruins?
Nope. Bjork counted because he didn't have a full season due to injuries, but Bruins have a crazy amount of guys with pro potential. Not the most high end talent, but they've been drafting well.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Nope. Bjork counted because he didn't have a full season due to injuries, but Bruins have a crazy amount of guys with pro potential. Not the most high end talent, but they've been drafting well.

That's not really a top 5 that impresses...

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I wanted the Bruins to use that third pick on Connor. Barzal was an after-thought for me anyways.

I was happy at the time they picked DeBrusk and still am. I think it's a coin toss between these two but I kind of prefer DeBrusk. He just seems to 'get it'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad