Connor McDavid Part II : Out for "months" - Mod Warning in post 470

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
:laugh::laugh: but why isn't he on the roadtrip? I know he's not playing but I thought he wanted to stick with the team?

Sure he has a pretty exhaustive rehab hes going through to get himself ready for a return at some point.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I didn't know where else to put this and I didn't see it on the site ever (or I just missed it). As this is the McDavid thread, I thought I'd pop it here. It's a comparison of McDavid's & Gretzky's first career NHL goals. It's kinda cool to see the similarities in their celebration.

GRadio

Energy Line
Aug 16, 2014
Edmonton
I didn't know where else to put this and I didn't see it on the site ever (or I just missed it). As this is the McDavid thread, I thought I'd pop it here. It's a comparison of McDavid's & Gretzky's first career NHL goals. It's kinda cool to see the similarities in their celebration.

That's so awesome. Thanks for posting it.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
player on the team

sorry, but how would this NOT have been reported by the media? mcdavid is the most famous person in the city, and there are people or media at every rink at all times... unless mcdavid was flying into some remote northern rink, lol, i fail to see how him skating wouldn't have made the news

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
sorry, but how would this NOT have been reported by the media? mcdavid is the most famous person in the city, and there are people or media at every rink at all times... unless mcdavid was flying into some remote northern rink, lol, i fail to see how him skating wouldn't have made the news

There are many private rinks

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

Hes been swimming for 3 weeks now, you dont think hes skated yet?

Bauer83

Aug 27, 2004
There are many private rinks

With Bob Nicholson and Chiarelli at the helm I won't be surprised if he has been skating for a bit and they can keep that under wraps. Again, based on body language and interview something to me felt off on how far he was away based on the Rangers game. I think mid-January at the latest to be honest, and that is them being extra careful.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I think hes skated too. Its a collarbone injury, nothing to do with skating. Id be suprised actually if he hasnt. Doesnt mean hes any closer to being back. You know hes closer when hes practicing with the team, then further with contact

But id bet hes been on private ice, maybe even as far back as end of November. But no media is kept in the know because it puts added pressure to bring him back

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

First time I saw the McDavid jersey tucked in. Really cool. That's Gretzky's signature.

oilz89*

With Bob Nicholson and Chiarelli at the helm I won't be surprised if he has been skating for a bit and they can keep that under wraps. Again, based on body language and interview something to me felt off on how far he was away based on the Rangers game. I think mid-January at the latest to be honest, and that is them being extra careful.

What felt off to me in his last interview during the Rangers game was that our bff Gene didn't ask him about his timeline or anything

Bauer83

Aug 27, 2004
What felt off to me in his last interview during the Rangers game was that our bff Gene didn't ask him about his timeline or anything

My guess is the Oil have requested no comments on that, and Media is obviously obliging to that request. Should go back and rewatch the interview, as I remember seeing something that made me think, hmmm.... Maybe its just the overall optimism of the team the past two weeks that now everything feels it should be coming together shortly.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
The team set a really conservative timeline and hasn't said anything since other than "he's ahead of schedule". I think they don't want to set any new expectations, but just based on how quickly he had full motion of his arm, and that he had started rehabbing like two weeks in, I do think he's going to be back sooner than we think.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
All along my prediction was he would be back boxing day. I hope I'm still right!

yikes.. thats way too early... Mid January is the expected return IMO.. Oiler might just be on the safe side and sit him out til after the AllStar break.

McDavid himself mentioned 30-35 more games this season after his retrun in an interview which puts him in around mid Jan.

oilz89*

yikes.. thats way too early... Mid January is the expected return IMO.. Oiler might just be on the safe side and sit him out til after the AllStar break.

McDavid himself mentioned 30-35 more games this season after his retrun in an interview which puts him in around mid Jan.

all star break wtfff?!?!

We're in a playoff spot and your talking about keeping our best player out that long :help:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad