OT: Connor McDavid or Playoffs

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
don't agree here with froggie and do with strange. another year out of the playoffs will not kill this franchise nor will it force us to start from scratch.

2012 was a fluke. What we are building now is not though. The number of youngsters coming up or ready to make an impact are much more abundant than in 2012.

yeah, you're right - we're in a different position and i'm hopeful long-term but... what if we had a couple of key injuries like last year? bjugstad and louie miss some significant time. maybe campbell too? suddenly, a bubble team is now potentially a lottery team.

i'm not hoping for more losing and no playoffs (or injuries) but there should be no doubt about what a player like mcdavid could mean to us. i don't think it'll happen but i voted for it.

ps - time for a name change, MR? :)

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
don't agree here with froggie and do with strange. another year out of the playoffs will not kill this franchise nor will it force us to start from scratch.

yeah, you're right - we're in a different position and i'm hopeful long-term but... what if we had a couple of key injuries like last year? bjugstad and louie miss some significant time. maybe campbell too? suddenly, a bubble team is now potentially a lottery team.

i'm not hoping for more losing and no playoffs (or injuries) but there should be no doubt about what a player like mcdavid could mean to us. i don't think it'll happen but i voted for it.

ps - time for a name change, MR? :)

We still wouldn't get McDavid or Eichel though.

No name change. It will either turn out to be the trolliest prophetic name ever or one of the best joke names ever. I'm good either way.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
It's sickening to see that there are people willing to tank (won't even mention the odds of getting mcdavid if dropped down last). Some sabres fans with nicks such as "tank for reinhart, mcdavid" or whatever is just meh. The Panthers aren't that desperate and should have more pride to even spend a second to think about it. Not worth it and unfair to players in the roster who are working hard every day to make this franchise get better.

velodim

Aug 17, 2009
Hollywood,FL
McDavid! I am so used watching our team lose year after year, so another year won't dissapoint me much. But finally having a super star on our team would be awesome!

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I don't even want mcdavid.
He will leave when he is 27.
If not, we will be paying him 20 million.
Curse and a blessing.
And you know this how (setting aside the tanking non tanking discussion for a moment)? It's bad enough northern fans make those assumptions.
And as for paying him 20 million, if that's the going rate, that's the going rate. Going to have to pay somebody sometime.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
its the best draft dept wise in the first round... id rather do better and end up drafting like 10-12... then suck... because that means our team went through more crap...I want tallon to stay here as he has drafted well for us. So a major improvement would be great.

Sums it up right here. Agree 100% with this. Especially the part about keeping Tallon here and our players headed in the right direction!

Killerinstinct

Dec 19, 2012
Playoffs one time per one time. But when i look at our roster i wouldn´t be surprised if having chance to get McDavid.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Playoffs, its not even close in my mind. Its obvious the message being told to the team is "we need to be in the playoffs next year". What do you think happens to the confidence of every single one of our players when they find themselves in the same place as the previous two seasons. No.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad