Connor McDavid notches the most assists for RS+PS since Lemieux

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017
There's always obscure facts being thrown out, just some flavor and fun. Like Henrique longest streak recorded between playoff goals.

I think it was the Winnipeg Avalanche game with most points for players with 50 or more playoff games played. Drai and McDavid where at 49 playoff games at the time

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Gonna hit 2nd alltime playoff pts/game behind Wayne soon
That's over a whole career. Guys slow down. Everyone does. So, this stat isn't linear. More like a bell curve.

McDavid is special. Very special. Generational. But slow down. Enjoy it.

Reactions: karltonian

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Keep dreaming. Connor will retire an oiler.
I think we both know that is dependant on how these next two years go but yea most likely he will stay with the oilers, I just think he would be the first player in a long time that would actually be worth the MAX contract.

Oilking83

Jan 14, 2009
Oil Country
I think we both know that is dependant on how these next two years go but yea most likely he will stay with the oilers, I just think he would be the first player in a long time that would actually be worth the MAX contract.
I disagree. Connor wants to win a cup yes. But he wants to do it in Edmonton. Leaving to accomplish this feat seems cheap imo. It’s not the same to get a cup as an add-on a la Ray Bourque as winning with your own team a la Sid or Ovy. That why both of them are above Bourque imo.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
The thing that feels so dangerous about the Oilers this year is they can outscore any problems they have. Kind of like the recent Penguins cup teams.

Reactions: Oilking83

OilWagon

Jul 20, 2019
Edmonton
The thing that feels so dangerous about the Oilers this year is they can outscore any problems they have. Kind of like the recent Penguins cup teams.
tbh those teams didn't really score much.. or get scored on for that matter. They just played super basic, boring, muck it up hockey. Lot's of 3-2 wins.
edit- looking back on it now they def scored way more the 2nd year

ijuka

May 14, 2016
These stats are pretty stupid, not gonna lie. Wasn't his assist count already best since Lemieux in reg?

Dunno, feels like "McDavid has scored more assists in the playoffs than Kucherov thus far" might be more relevant, because that's what it seems to be about.

They always have been able to outscore their problems, so nothing new there. But Skinner also has been playing well lately. If they get even average goaltending, they could make it to the finals.

Calderon

Mar 24, 2006
That's over a whole career. Guys slow down. Everyone does. So, this stat isn't linear. More like a bell curve.

McDavid is special. Very special. Generational. But slow down. Enjoy it.
That's fair criticism. You could omit Mario's last playoff season 17 points in 18 games in 2001 to make it a fair comparison. (I suppose from the start to whatever age McDavid is now is fine, too, but seems a bit too hygienic.)

In that case McDavid should more or less break the points record and not play many games over 20, but this hypothetical would be to the tune of... dumb.

Duodenum

Jul 7, 2008
East Vancouver
I was really glad Edmonton ended up against LA. That's a very favourable matchup for them and Mcdavid's speed and smarts overwhelms their boring trap.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
It's a shame he can't stop cherrypicking, otherwise he could've intervened and stopped the own goal and broken stick by Ceci. He needs to focus on his teammates and stop worrying about individual stats :thumbd:

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
If he really wanted to win he would've built a time machine and figured out a way to get peak Letang and MAF on the Oilers by now.
Lets not act like "Prime MAF" was anything special, just an average goalie. even worse come playoffs. Oilers Mike Smith is similar.

Letang was not around for 2017 and was playing bottom pair mins in 09.

Lets not act like these two carried Crosby. Especially playoff Fleury lol.

Reactions: sanscosm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad