GDT: Connor McDavid and the Avalanche Past Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Campbell is a ****ing loser just like Nurse.

2 of the worst contracts in the league, good luck winning a cup with those 2.

Reactions: djbard99

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
1 f***ing pp hahaha. Campbell and defense can f*** off!!!! Get help NOW Holland!!!!

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
This team is losing points every day against their playoff competition. With how hard their schedule is coming up, I dread where they could be in 10 games.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Avs fan, in peace.

There are players no matter who they play for... I just want to see get close to and eventually win it all. Because they are beyond great. That for McDavid, Draisaitl. The latter's shear guts to play at the level he did with his impossible injury last playoffs, well... imo that was shear epic. Sure, pulling for my team, but that doesn't mean I can't want for these blokes to get surrounded with a sound corps, make a stand and get to the promised land. No, not kidding. You guys will somehow.

(and there are players that I would just as soon shoot them into the sun and care less if they never get close to anything)

Reactions: BlackDogg

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Doesn't work if you got an iPhone. Plus the ads that are a problem are usually promoted HFBoards threads which is even more enraging.
I have an ad block app on iPhone and it works perfectly on Safari Ad Block Pro

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
How anyone on this team could look themselves in the mirror after the last few games is beyond me.

Absolutely zero pride and apparently zero shame either.
What a disgrace tying the SC champs in their rink and even getting 5 goals against them. The expectation on this board is insufferable. We've become yet another fanbase where nothing is good enough. The team played 2 of the best periods they played all season. But all these over reactions.

Not starting Draisaitl in the OT shows Woody is at least trying something different.
Its lol exactly what I suggested a couple games back. You guys know it, you read my comments. Kind of funny. Maybe somebody else is reading the comments. heh

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
What a disgrace tying the SC champs in their rink and even getting 5 goals against them. The expectation on this board is insufferable. We've become yet another fanbase where nothing is good enough. The team played 2 of the best periods they played all season. But all these over reactions.

Its lol exactly what I suggested a couple games back. You guys know it, you read my comments. Kind of funny. Maybe somebody else is reading the comments. heh

I'm sorry but no, and your attitude in that first paragraph is exactly what is poisonous to this team.

They are self satisfied. Any time they think they're on easy street by tasting a tiny bit of success, they take their foot off the gas pedal and then end up paying the price for it. And they've done all year long now, how many times have the flirted with breaking into the top 3 of their division this year, get close and then shit the bed in multiple games immediately to fall back into a wild card or even non playoff spot?

Even Woodcroft who is Captain Positive laughably so after every loss was not willing to paint that as an OK performance.

Lets just recap what happened ... this is an Avs team that swept the Oilers in the Conference Final missing Cale Makar. In totality now the Avs have beat the Oilers EIGHT straight games.

You think if the Oilers had beaten the Avs eight straight times they'd be leaving the game going "hey we lost again, but we played OK in period 1 and 2, lets not do any soul searching about this and just move on".

That's loser talk. They'd be ripping their hair out. This team had a 3-0 lead, then a 4-2 lead, then a 5-3 lead and it blew every single one of those leads. The last time they played Colorado they had a 2 goal lead in the 3rd period and lost anyway. The 4th and final game of the playoff series ... they had a 2 goal lead in the 3rd and found a way to lose anyway. THREE straight games against these guys with a 2 goal lead in the third they find a way to blow it.

If this team is not going to do any soul searching after THAT game, then f*** off. Never do it. You don't have the mentality of a champion, you're just here to be "good enough" and you're satisfied with that and you will never have the mental fortitude to say "enough of this bullshit, we're not losing today", which is what champions do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad