Prospect Info: Connor Brown

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
The 6th round selection by the Leafs in the 2012 draft.

So I've been reading a lot of analysis of this guy and I also happened to visit the Otters index of this forum. From what I've read, Brown is an amazing forward and he's a fan favourite by most people. He never gives up on a play and he plays with a lot of heart, I love those kinda players! Anyway, despite that, he's a real point producer and was arguably one of their best players (not anymore since McDavid and Burakovsky joined the race)

Nonetheless, his development is expected to increase exponentially and he's projected to be on a line with those two great players
Burakovsky-McDavid-Brown

This could really shift his development and he could turn out as a sleeper pick for us in this draft. What are you guys opinions? :handclap:

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
We'll see when he gets to the AHL.

For now, he falls under the same category as Greg McKegg for me.

High skill but somewhat significant shortcomings that could prevent him from fulfilling NHL potential.

snizzbone*

He is going to put up HUGE numbers this year, and even bigger numbers if the Leafs brass decide to let him play his overage year.

19/20 year old Burakovsky
17/18 year old McDavid (draft year)
20/21 year old Brown
Along with a draft year Dylan Strome

It wouldn't be unrealistic to expect him to hit 150 points.. assuming he plays on the top line. Should be a 100 point guy this upcoming year with McDavid coming back as a second year vet.

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
He is going to put up HUGE numbers this year, and even bigger numbers if the Leafs brass decide to let him play his overage year.

20/21 year old Brown

It wouldn't be unrealistic to expect him to hit 150 points.. assuming he plays on the top line. Should be a 100 point guy this upcoming year with McDavid coming back as a second year vet.

Please tell me you are kidding.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Seen this kid plenty in person. He's a good skater, which puts him ahead of McKegg at the same age, but he's not th leader McKegg was.

Exciting player in the offensive zone, but has to show more in terms of back checking.

If he takes strides in his defensive game, we've got a nice player on our hands.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

20/21 year old Brown

No chance in hell Connor Brown gets 150 points. That's 42 more points than the leading scorer in the OHL this season, more than names like Toffoli and Strome who are high picks near nhl ready

A good indicator to me is always whether or not the guy is on Hockeu Canada's radar, and he wasn't invited to the WJ camp even though his line mate McDavid was. Even though I've only seen the guy play a handful of times it means scouts are still in agreement that he's got major holes (as is the case with any 6th round pick).

The fact that he's even in the conversation as a 6th rounder is good enough at this point

crazyaces**

20/21 year old Brown

You are nuts! Kadri played with Tavares ... and did not put up 150 points! he put up 78, and than post draft put up 93 ... when was the last time a player hit 150 points in the CHL? Crosby maybe?!!

Connor Brown will probably get 70-80 points - it's not impossible for him to get 100 points simply due to the fact he has McDavid on his team ... But even than i doubt he cracks 100 point barrier!

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I'm really going to be watching how Brown and Verhaeghe play this year, Dave Morrison said that Verhaeghe could put up 100 points this year as well. Could you imagine having two 100 point prospects in the O next year!! Woo!

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
From what I've seen, he's also by far our most physically under developed prospect as well. So he's got a long ways to go.

Ace88*

I think playing with McDavid will boost his development quite a bit. it will teach him sooner how to receive plays from a guy with NHL level passind and vision and if he is paying attention he will develop a knack for being in the right place at the right time to finish them off. Im mildly excited for Brown, cant say if he will have success in the NHL or if he even makes it, but im glad to have him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Tell McDavid to sign with the Marlies and bypass the draft. Ya know, so they can play together ;)

crazyaces**

In Kadri's post draft year he put up 120 points in 68 games total

I wasn't combining playoff obviously...Kadri is a prime example of oneof hte best forward prospects we've had in a long time...and yet look at his numbers in Jr. lets even combine the playoffs its still not 150 points like the other guy was suggesting Connor Brown wold get... I don't even think McDavid will put up 150 points in season!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
We'll see when he gets to the AHL.

For now, he falls under the same category as Greg McKegg for me.

High skill but somewhat significant shortcomings that could prevent him from fulfilling NHL potential.

Agree with this .. He definitely has a high ceiling, but is the type of pick that needs to be given a lot of patience and proper time to develop ... A great junior season this year would be awesome but he'll need to be with the Marlies for awhile to see if he'll be able to translate his offense to the pros

Still, nothing wrong with some excitement around a 6th round pick that was only draft lasted year

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Connor Brown has a very long way to go. He may have a lot of skill but his body screams child.

The fact that he will be an overager in the OHL pretty much assures that Connor has an uphill battle to make the NHL.

Let's hope he can turn that child's body into a man's body and take the next step. Going to be a lengthy process...

Not high on this kid at all...

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011

20/21 year old Brown

Lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad