Congratulations to the Presidents’ Trophy Winner, the NEW YORK RANGERS!

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
giphy.gif

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Tonight may have changed it but going into tonight they were a negative goal differential 5v5 on the season. Don't think they are the ones to buck the trend of best regular season team not winning it all. But we shall see.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
statistically the presidents trophy winners have won the cup at the highest rate of any seed i believe. its just that 16 teams make the playoffs and these days the teams are pretty even.
I mean that makes sense since the league used to be lopsided as hell before the cap era with some teams spending $100M and others spending $20M and before that you had legit dynasty eras. I’d rather see data in the cap era.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
statistically the presidents trophy winners have won the cup at the highest rate of any seed i believe. its just that 16 teams make the playoffs and these days the teams are pretty even.
We won the PT in 1994, won the Cup. In 2015 we made it to the Conference Final so it's not really a curse for us.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Tonight may have changed it but going into tonight they were a negative goal differential 5v5 on the season. Don't think they are the ones to buck the trend of best regular season team not winning it all. But we shall see.
That's another BS stat. They find all kinds of ways to win. Who cares about fancy stats?

we were the team spending 100m and not even making the playoffs tho.
Exactly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad