Marlies GDT: Conference Finals - Game #5 - Hershey Bears @ Toronto Marlies - *3 PM START - TSN2

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
well good season marlies.. calder woulda been great, but good run.

now the off season officially starts for management tomorrow !

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
I really only have one thing left to say...

Seriously, though..., we made it to the Conference Finals.. withja very young team... Lots of hope for the next season..

Hope Mitch has a big night tonight..

My first year EVER, not being able to watch the Marlies playoffs, Mem. Cup.. and the recent IIHF games..
One month to Draft Day though, People..!

Thanks for a good run, Marlies..!

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Connor Carrick the MVP of the playoffs.

He looked good in the NHL, and he took his game to a whole new level in these playoffs. Really showed why our management team views him as an A prospect.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
TJ Brennan will never have NHL success because of his lack of ability to play D as a D-man. Should just convert to wing.

Good season by the boys, nonetheless. Leaves you wondering what could have been.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Disappointing end to the season. I felt like they had more in them.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Very tough to lose, of course, but I will resist any simplistic explanation for why we didn’t get any further than we did- such as blaming any individual player or aspect of our game. The fact is, it’s tough to win in the playoffs. We should be proud (but not overjoyed, of course) about winning two series.

I’m glad we made a game of it in this final game.

All told, this has been an amazing year for our organization from top to bottom.

Time to enjoy the warmer weather- and get ready for the draft, of course. :)

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
not sold on keefe, team didn't seem to play with a lot of energy, not a lot of puck pressures, or checks being finished. Night and day compared to how babs had the leafs playing.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Very tough to lose, of course, but I will resist any simplistic explanation for why we didn’t get any further than we did- such as blaming any individual player or aspect of our game. The fact is, it’s tough to win in the playoffs. We should be proud (but not overjoyed, of course) about winning two series.

I’m glad we made a game of it in this final game.

All told, this has been an amazing year for our organization from top to bottom.

Time to enjoy the warmer weather- and get ready for the draft, of course. :)

Most of all, they looked young and inconsistent. And that's not exactly the worst "problem" for your AHL team.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
What a crappy sports day. Hamilton wins in Monaco after going unpenalized after cutting the chicane, Hinch is in contention at Indy for 195 laps before finishing 7th, Jays lose in extra innings, and now the Marlies fail to complete the comeback.

The Marlies got outclassed. I didn't see every game, and spent most of this game switching between this and the Blue Jays/Indy500, but from what I saw, Hershey had their legs under them and the Marlies didn't. The Bears won the puck battles, were relentless on the forecheck, and really exposed the Marlies lackluster defense. It is also very hard to win when your goalies are giving up 3-4 goals a game. I wonder if the series against Albany just drained them. They had to go head-to-head against arguably the 2nd best team in the league (behind themselves), it was rough and emotion series, and once they got through, maybe they just let off the gas and with Hershey rolling, they couldn't muster much.

As disappointed as I am, I also would not put too much stock into these last five games when it comes to looking ahead for next year. The whole team was playing below the level they were capable of and singling out any one player is, I believe, unfair. Here's hoping both Kapanen and Johnson can 100% recover from their injuries (and karma bites the cheapshot artists who made those dangerous elbows). Lots to look ahead to next year, but first... Dzierkals vs. Marner in the Mem. Cup.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Disappointing, but ultimately the AHL is about development and although the Marlies didn't win, this season is still a success. Great season for the Leafs future.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Most of all, they looked young and inconsistent. And that's not exactly the worst "problem" for your AHL team.

I agree. Our inexperience was in evidence. I think it's a good learning opportunity for them. Losing a tough series can teach at least as much as winning.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I agree. Our inexperience was in evidence. I think it's a good learning opportunity for them. Losing a tough series can teach at least as much as winning.

I can agree with this. No one goes 0 to Cup in one season. Even the Hawks and Pens lost in the playoffs before winning.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

Losing can teach more than winning with the right attitude.
I will call it a good loss and hope we use it to grow.
The bright side is Willie kapanen Sosh hyman were shining when the chips were down this game.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
TJ Brennan will never have NHL success because of his lack of ability to play D as a D-man. Should just convert to wing.

Good season by the boys, nonetheless. Leaves you wondering what could have been.

It's like watching Karlsson play defense

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Losing can teach more than winning with the right attitude.
I will call it a good loss and hope we use it to grow.
The bright side is Willie kapanen Sosh hyman were shining when the chips were down this game.

It's true, it takes the right attitude. That's one of the ways good pros separate themselves from the rest. I feel optimistic we have a bunch of guys who can do that, but time will tell.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
We lost on account of goaltending
Our guy couldn't make the big save when needed and
Their goalie stole a couple of games
This series could very easily be 3-2 right now for marlies or bears

The strength of our NHL team is the same as our ahl team - forwards

The weakness of our NHL team is the same as our NHL team - goalies and dman

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Marlies Highlights: Hershey @ Toronto: Game 5 - May 29, 2016