Complaints About Officiating

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Can’t understand why so many people constantly embarrass themselves whining and complaining about the refs. As an Oshawa fan, I’ve had to listen to the same incessant drivel for the past three rounds.

First it was Barrie fans whimpering about “the refs are against us” and how “the league doesn’t want us to win”. Then it was Ottawa fans with identical rhetoric followed by North Bay fans with more of the same sob story.

Which is why I’m so glad that Oshawa didn’t get a single power play in Game 7 and still decimated North Bay with a lopsided 6-1 boat race. Thankfully the 5min major to North Bay was reviewed and deemed no penalty.

So for the finals, I’m urging fans of both London and Oshawa alike to refrain from the pathetic loser’s lament about the refs. These two teams are clearly the class the OHL and have proven that if you play well enough the refs are irrelevant.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Can’t understand why so many people constantly embarrass themselves whining and complaining about the refs. As an Oshawa fan, I’ve had to listen to the same incessant drivel for the past three rounds.

First it was Barrie fans whimpering about “the refs are against us” and how “the league doesn’t want us to win”. Then it was Ottawa fans with identical rhetoric followed by North Bay fans with more of the same sob story.

Which is why I’m so glad that Oshawa didn’t get a single power play in Game 7 and still decimated North Bay with a lopsided 6-1 boat race. Thankfully the 5min major to North Bay was reviewed and deemed no penalty.

So for the finals, I’m urging fans of both London and Oshawa alike to refrain from the pathetic loser’s lament about the refs. These two teams are clearly the class the OHL and have proven that if you play well enough the refs are irrelevant.
You obviously haven’t watched game 5 of the Saginaw/London series. Really of all the 14 games London played that was the one game that was truly a complete and utter disaster. Hopefully the final both teams are allowed to play physical and emulate the pros… no whining in hockey!

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
So easy to say as a fan of a team that got all the breaks until Punnet hurt himself stepping up for an uncalled head check to the playoffs top scorer

In addition to having ZERO (0) man advantage opportunities in Game 7, Oshawa rested their best forward (Sennecke) and their best defenseman (Punnett).

How many more “breaks” did North Bay need?

And even despite those handicaps, the game still ended up being a laughable blowout.

• Haha
Reactions: 190 is almost 206

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
In addition to having ZERO (0) man advantage opportunities in Game 7, Oshawa rested their best forward (Sennecke) and their best defenseman (Punnett).

And even despite those handicaps, the game still ended up being a laughable blowout.

A reversal of the 2-1 PIM advantage and reversal of the goal review(s) through four games would probably have been enough breaks for a battalion sweep :)

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005

Don't you have a twitter account where you complain about the reffing for the gens constantly?

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Don't you have a twitter account where you complain about the reffing for the gens constantly?

Factually incorrect , my friend. But there’s a few bitter trolls desperately trying to push that narrative.

Unlike most, I never cower behind a keyboard and hide my identity. I have season tickets in Oshawa and I’ve invited anyone to stop by Section 115 for a conversation.

And I’ll be in London for Game 1, sitting directly behind the London net for any out-of-towners who happen to be in London and want to stop by to say hello.

Reactions: djscooter

yacky

Jun 28, 2018

Donnie 740 Ill bet that Punnett does not play til game 4 He is hurt big time last night 15v second shift

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

I doubt they “rested” Punnett and Sennecke in a game 7.

And truth be told, and as a Ranger fan I have no dog in the race, 6-1 with two empty net goals isn’t really a laughable blowout. Shots weren’t lopsided.

North Bay had their share of handicaps as well. Not having the league’s goal scoring champ and arguably the #1 goalie in the league could be considered handicaps.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I doubt they “rested” Punnett and Sennecke in a game 7.

And truth be told, and as a Ranger fan I have no dog in the race, 6-1 with two empty net goals isn’t really a laughable blowout. Shots weren’t lopsided.

North Bay had their share of handicaps as well. Not having the league’s goal scoring champ and arguably the #1 goalie in the league could be considered handicaps.
#1 goalie in the league yet wasn't in the top 2 running for goalie of the year.

I wonder who those 2 goalies were?

Anyone?

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Are you seriously writing the Knights board asking if PTBO's chip last year was because of injuries or not ... after you make this thread dedicated to end whiners on all things reffing + injuries?

Stars aren't aligning for OSH anymore and that's the fact of the matter. Without poor reffing & injuries your team would have been bounced in round 1. Round 3 as well.

OSH is a good team but this OHL finals they had some help getting there.

Reactions: 190 is almost 206

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad