"Complain About Maclean" Superthread (Mod Note: STOP making more Maclean threads)

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
MacLean is very old-school style coach.

He is trying to let his players play their way out of their funk. (A very Scotty Bowman/Babcock mentality)

Which is why we are still seeing Michalek on the top line, Anderson getting starts, and Cowen only sitting now.

We're used to coaches that hit the panic button too soon.

MacLean has made mistakes, but he's trying to get our best players playing their best. Anderson isn't going to get better by riding the pine, same with Spezza and Michalek.

IMO the team needs a mid level trade to rock the boat.

This is what is so baffling about why people are critical of him. You knew what you were getting with Maclean. He comes from the Bowman/Babcock school.

They're not yellers, screamers, throw players under the bus with the media-types. They are cerebral. They're the parent that says: "I'm not angry...I'm disappointed in you." type that try to get their players to work through their issues and they give them a lot of rope to do so.

They also respect the heck out of their veterans because they've battled with them. They are loyal to a fault. But guess what, Bowman and Babcock (and even Lindy Ruff) are guys who have had VERY long, VERY successful careers as coaches. I'd stick with Maclean.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I would like to see him call a timeout, sit everyone on the bench, he jump onto the ice and walk up and down the boards yelling and pointing at the other teams goal and firing them up.

the team comes out and wins every game for the rest of the season he wins the cup and rides of into the sunset gunning it in his Trans Am.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Fire the coach, sit the forwards, trade the defense, replace the GM, Sell the team. Hmm anybody think change allegiance for fan-at-ics. Psycho therepy is available if you have job benefits.

ffayyca

Nov 6, 2010
How many times do we see this team play well for a while and get a lead and then when the opponent grabs the momentum and get the lead back, the team is deflated, gives up more goals, and eventually the game is out of reach? I count at least 2 (last night, and carolina game). I can't believe Maclean does not see this. I don't want him fired but calming his players down and getting their head straight is big responsibility of the coach and he is not doing it. He may get away with it with a strong leadership group that can right the ship but we don't have that. spezza and co. are just not there yet and may never will be.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Hey remember that we have 2 other coaches: Dave Cameron and Mark Reeds. Do they not matter? Shouldn't they have been fired already? I think yes. Our PP and our defense is a joke this year soooo

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Hey remember that we have 2 other coaches: Dave Cameron and Mark Reeds. Do they not matter? Shouldn't they have been fired already? I think yes. Our PP and our defense is a joke this year soooo

Our PP isn't an urgent issue. We're ranked 11th in the league.

Our defense is definitely an issue. A personnel issue.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Our PP isn't an urgent issue. We're ranked 11th in the league.

Our defense is definitely an issue. A personnel issue.

Our PP has been better as of late, but we almost never set up the one timer or anything. I hate our setup a lot.

EastCoastSensFan

Mar 7, 2011
Pictou N.S.
I see a lot of people bring up time outs during the game, something that Maclean does not use often, but is there any kind of proof that time outs lead to momentum changes? I mean after the 2-1 goal would a time out really have stopped neil from getting 2 mins for really lets be honest being neil in a shoving match.

Most timeouts I see only about 10 players can hear whats being said anyway, unless you really just want to see him running along the bench calling out everyone in sight.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Our PP has been better as of late, but we almost never set up the one timer or anything. I hate our setup a lot.

You suggested that the PP performance is a valid reason to fire an assistant. It's not even close to a legitimate reason to fire a coach over. Are there PP looks to continue to work on? Yes. But overall, it's been good.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
You suggested that the PP performance is a valid reason to fire an assistant. It's not even close to a legitimate reason to fire a coach over. Are there PP looks to continue to work on? Yes. But overall, it's been good.

"Okay"

RedSeven*

Do you think .894 Save percentage is gonna win you any games.

Our coach has lost us a ton of points and games for the team this season with absolutely terrible coaching.

Remember when he basically cancelled the Spezza line out for 3 full games by putting Neil and Greening on his line? Those where valuable points ripe for the taking. Games we barely lost.

The coach has basically messed up our entire PP. Sure its gotten slightly better the last couple of games but that was mostly due to some 5-3 goals. In reality our PP generates ZERO momentum for us.

What about times where games were getting out of hand and the coach should have called a time out to calm the team down? Settle them down? That has never happened once.

I can remember so many games that our PP would have been the difference.

What about our goalie situation. I can count 3 games now where the entire fan base is WTFing themselves over why Anderson was in nets.

Even yesterday. Not only did he start Anderson. He pulled him a goal too freaken late!

What about flip flopping lines like a mad man and never giving any line a time to gel except for the turris line.

Even when the Turris line is not going and we need some goals youd think he might try spezz and ryan together...but nope. Not even when there is nothing to lose.

POOR IN GAME MANAGEMENT has this team where it is. Yes, we have not had the best season but PM should be ashamed of himself.

Every year he says he comes in scared to death..well no wonder he's a freaken moron.

Scared to death... I thought slogan was FEARLESS.

Can't wait until they fire this moron.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Do you think .894 Save percentage is gonna win you any games.

Our coach has lost us a ton of points and games for the team this season with absolutely terrible coaching.

Remember when he basically cancelled the Spezza line out for 3 full games by putting Neil and Greening on his line? Those where valuable points ripe for the taking. Games we barely lost.

The coach has basically messed up our entire PP. Sure its gotten slightly better the last couple of games but that was mostly due to some 5-3 goals. In reality our PP generates ZERO momentum for us.

What about times where games were getting out of hand and the coach should have called a time out to calm the team down? Settle them down? That has never happened once.

I can remember so many games that our PP would have been the difference.

What about our goalie situation. I can count 3 games now where the entire fan base is WTFing themselves over why Anderson was in nets.

Even yesterday. Not only did he start Anderson. He pulled him a goal too freaken late!

What about flip flopping lines like a mad man and never giving any line a time to gel except for the turris line.

Even when the Turris line is not going and we need some goals youd think he might try spezz and ryan together...but nope. Not even when there is nothing to lose.

POOR IN GAME MANAGEMENT has this team where it is. Yes, we have not had the best season but PM should be ashamed of himself.

Every year he says he comes in scared to death..well no wonder he's a freaken moron.

Scared to death... I thought slogan was FEARLESS.

Can't wait until they fire this moron.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Fire the best coach this team has had in years. Good logic, dumb ass.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
65Bsntkd.gif

Coaching.

John Holmes*

Tortarella would be an absolute disaster hire. I hate that guy.

Like we need a Fonz impersonator with Napoleon complex. I'll pass.

Also, the guy that brought up Scotty Bowman...you do realize that his players' hated his guts, right?

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I think Paul Maclean got sick and tired of our awful defence so he's taking an extended vacation in Mexico and hired his doppelgänger to sit in as coach. It would explain some of the decision making

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
Mac is an awesome coach best weve had in years..... every choice he makes tho maybe not always clear to us i assure you is made with the best of intentions. he is trying like hell to get the kids to buy into a system and trying like hell to get his vets going while also showing his goto guys he still trusts them.....give him a break. nothings going quite right personel wise aside from Lehners play and the turris line. and thank the great Oden for that or we'd be really screwed... hes doin better then most would with what hes been givin and absolutely yes he does miss alfy.....so do i... so does the team as a whole. As for torts id rather yank my own scrotum off then have that rambling idiot scaring the talent out off our young players. the leadership group of players is broken the coach is not the problem.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Guy won the Jack Adams last season and some of you think he's responsible for the ****show this quarter season. You guys are a joke.

Keep in mind that thanks to our owner, we barely have a contending top 4.

No sense of loyalty in this city.

At the very least he gets a years immunity. This season is what least season shouldve been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad