Comments on Kessel, Johnson, Skille, O'Marra, Latendresse, Price, Rask, Frolik at U18

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Let's talk about some of these guys at the U18 Championships and how it may be affecting their ranking or their hype throughout the year.

Perhaps some of the posters who are at the tourney can give us a scouting report or opinions on some of the big names or some of the lesser knowns who have impressed so far.

I have viewed all of Canada's games so far and have come away probably expecting a little more, but with everything going on from officials, to the larger ice surface, being overseas and playing on a new team, they haven't played all that bad. Most of these guys have played together before and have travelled overseas, so those excuses above don't really add up to much in the end anyways.

I am surprised that Bertam has not done more, same for Setoguchi, and while Bourdon has been solid, I thought he would bring more offense and Paquet seems to be struggling for Canada.

Now with all the hype how come Jack Johnson is not leading all D-men in scoring? He has the pim's so far, but just 2 assists.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
HabLover said:
I am surprised that Bertam has not done more, same for Setoguchi [...]

Bertram just scored a hat-trick today and added a couple of assists, ain't that enough for you? Personally, I thought he was the best Canadian forward on the ice today, along with Pyatt and Hobson. He is lightning fast and despite his lack of size he works very hard on every shift. He just went up a notch in my books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad