GDT: Columbus vs. Carolina | 9/26 7PM EDT | Preseason Game #8

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 1m

#CBJ coach Todd Richards said Artem Anisimov left game w minor lower body issue as a precaution. Not a big deal.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Boring game but I can hardly blame the guys, save it for next Friday and Saturday first and foremost then keep going from there. I'm not worried at all about this team honestly, if you were at the game you saw the way they got pissed off after Carolina took the lead and played an intense last shift. There's no doubt in my mind that this team will play that game for 60 minutes on a very consistent basis. Sure, the scoring is probably a concern but it will come with a game that carries more intensity and aggression.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I'm not worried at all about this team honestly, if you were at the game you saw the way they got pissed off after Carolina took the lead and played an intense last shift.

Really didn't notice anything to be honest.

At any rate, the team was really aggressive.... on the perimeter. The had some issues with the first man on the forecheck on quite a few shifts.

Honestly, in the two preseason games I saw I haven't seen a very good team. I know it's just preseason and it was only two of the game. We'll see what they do on Friday with a complete roster.

The most encouraging part of the preseason was that Bob was solid and that the defense seemed pretty good in front of him.

Something that was noticeable, RJ is quicker and that really didn't make much of a difference in the offensive zone. That third line could end up being a very solid and sporadically productive line.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Boring game but I can hardly blame the guys, save it for next Friday and Saturday first and foremost then keep going from there. I'm not worried at all about this team honestly, if you were at the game you saw the way they got pissed off after Carolina took the lead and played an intense last shift. There's no doubt in my mind that this team will play that game for 60 minutes on a very consistent basis. Sure, the scoring is probably a concern but it will come with a game that carries more intensity and aggression.

:nod:....Outside of auditioning young players, preseason means very little to me. I'm glad to see Bob put up strong numbers like he did, but I'm not getting too excited or disappointed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad