Columbus Thread V (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Quick question: I will be taking a bus trip with our supporters out to the Crew-Metro match tomorrow. I want to hit up a local market to get cans of Skyline to bring back with me. Know the stadium is at the fairgrounds, is there any place within walking distance where I can get my bounty? If not is there reliable public transportation that can get me to a supermarket and back to the stadium? Finally is there a Tims in the area by any chance?

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Quick question: I will be taking a bus trip with our supporters out to the Crew-Metro match tomorrow. I want to hit up a local market to get cans of Skyline to bring back with me. Know the stadium is at the fairgrounds, is there any place within walking distance where I can get my bounty? If not is there reliable public transportation that can get me to a supermarket and back to the stadium? Finally is there a Tims in the area by any chance?

There is a Tim Horton's and Giant Eagle within a cab/bus/Uber ride of the stadium. I am not sure if Giant Eagle has Skyline though. The Tim Horton's is right across the street from the Giant Eagle

I have included directions below

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...223,-82.9744106275226/L1;40.019299,-83.013261

Last edited:

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
There is a Tim Horton's and Giant Eagle within a cab/bus/Uber ride of the stadium. I am not sure if Giant Eagle has Skyline though. The Tim Horton's is right across the street

I have included directions below

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...223,-82.9744106275226/L1;40.019299,-83.013261
Thanks for the info. Last time I was in Columbus the Giant Eagle by where the hotels are on the outskirts had it. Wish I could go to a Jackets game while I'm there, Nationwide is my favorite arena I've ever been in. Not a bad seat in the house and great concessions at reasonable prices (the Tims in the arena was cheaper than at the NYC locations).

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Got my Skyline, thanks again. I haven't slept in 24 hours and have downed about 6 cans of Red Bull the team donated for our tailgate.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Think I know why I like you guys: you remind me of my beloved Whalers. Play in a small market state capital, good knowledgeble fans and attendance woes that are the result of being terribly run.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Anyone made the trip to Pittsburgh for a game? Strongly considering doing it next month for the game on the 21st.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Good luck. I won't even go to home games against them anymore.

Haha, last night was so much fun I can't help but want to make at least one trip to Pittsburgh. Granted the win had a lot to do with it. Already made the trip to Chicago earlier this year and still had fun despite the lop-sided game.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Haha, last night was so much fun I can't help but want to make at least one trip to Pittsburgh. Granted the win had a lot to do with it. Already made the trip to Chicago earlier this year and still had fun despite the lop-sided game.

Well, I will be your spirit animal because I will only go in spirit. Ironically, Blackhawk fans are the other group I avoid lol.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Just moved back to CBus in the Westerville area.
Anyone know any good locations for watching the games around there?

I'll be willing to travel to other areas of the city if I have to. Pay will be odd for a while since I'm a trainee for a bit..

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Good luck. I won't even go to home games against them anymore.

Many times. Of course, it's my hometown and my folks still live there. I root for the Pens unless I'm there for a Jackets game.

If you're going to be ******* visiting fan because of what you've experienced from Pens fans at Nationwide, then fine. You know how well-received those fans are here and if you want to be that guy it's up to you. But if you're passionate but positive visiting fan, you might get heckled a bit if the Pens are ahead but mostly you'll be well-received. That's been my experience anyway - I've never had a problem as a Jackets fans at Consol (or Mellon).

Consol is a decent arena, not as much to do around Consol as in the Arena District here. But Pittsburgh has great culture, a decent food scene and a great craft beer scene. I know we're supposed to hate it and a couple CBJ forum regulars have a blind hatred for the city, but it's really a great place.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Many times. Of course, it's my hometown and my folks still live there. I root for the Pens unless I'm there for a Jackets game.

If you're going to be ******* visiting fan because of what you've experienced from Pens fans at Nationwide, then fine. You know how well-received those fans are here and if you want to be that guy it's up to you. But if you're passionate but positive visiting fan, you might get heckled a bit if the Pens are ahead but mostly you'll be well-received. That's been my experience anyway - I've never had a problem as a Jackets fans at Consol (or Mellon).

Consol is a decent arena, not as much to do around Consol as in the Arena District here. But Pittsburgh has great culture, a decent food scene and a great craft beer scene. I know we're supposed to hate it and a couple CBJ forum regulars have a blind hatred for the city, but it's really a great place.

Good to know... sounds like a similar experience to Chicago. Leaning towards going.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Annual STH survey has arrived. I've got a few gems to share...since they've asked and all.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Ended up having a great time. Really surprised at how well the Pens fan treated or ignored us, compared to my experiences in Nationwide where I've had to leave my seats because of the drunken insults. We were way outnumbered, I'd guess at most 200 Jacket fans in attendance. Took my daughter to Science Museum on game day and Aviary today. She had a blast! Stayed at the Marriott right across the street from Consol, 111 bucks for the night with AAA rate, not bad, sprung for the valet parking (+26). Ran into someone who claimed to work for the Pens in the hotel (tend to believe him given the Pens gear he was carrying and official tags all over the same) he got a chuckle when I mentioned Johansen and our bad contracts.

Outcome could have been better; but really thought the Pens ran a nice game experience. Wish I could have hit the 50/50, at 35k got the idea Pens fans like to bet!

Food was similar to Nationwide price/variety.

Almost 400 straight sellouts makes you realize how much money Jackets managment is squandering by not icing a competent team. Really liked the fact there was no in game MC (Mike Todd) and felt the giveaways were less intrusive of the in game experience. The game ops folks did a great job of piecing together outtakes from Christmas Vacation with Pens highlights. The Christmas lights around the video ring were cool too. The promo last night ugly sweater with an ugly sweater hat giveaway. No, I despise the Pens; but do have few Pens fans on my Christmas list that these hats will make great gifts for. Intro music and music were good. I think the Jackets game ops folks continue to slide toward rap/grunge rock which I don't like. Post game at the Marriott bar area was good with beer and food late nite.

Definitely going to make this trip again in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1