Proposal: Columbus - St Louis

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Once again, there’s like one player on the Blues current roster they can’t trade (for anything realistic) and it’s Thomas.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Jiricek isn't going anywhere. We're not trading NHL ready prospects, in an area of need, for picks. Unless an equal level prospect is coming to fill his spot, it's a no.
Then why on this green earth would the blues trade thomas....thinks about

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Just for fun

To St Louis
4th overall pick

To Columbus
Robert Thomas

St Louis goes into rebuild with two top 16 picks, Columbus gets their 1C long term
did St Louis already trade Binnington, and Parayko and start a rebuild that they were not aware of?
The Jackets after last season should blow it up and rebuild.

• Haha
Reactions: Xoggz22 and ViD

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
did St Louis already trade Binnington, and Parayko and start a rebuild that they were not aware of?
No one is this unaware of reality, right? What do you think they've been doing the past three years? They've had six first round picks since 2021 because they've sucked and sold off older players. All that's left now is the kids, who are still learning. No one blows up a rebuild on step two, that's asinine.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019

You should leave your abode beneath the rock once in a while.

This is one of the posts most detached from reality that I have seen in a long time.

Reactions: Viqsi

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
You should leave your abode beneath the rock once in a while.

This is one of the posts most detached from reality that I have seen in a long time.
I'm sorry, but are you saying the Blues are in rebuild mode?
I dont think so, because if they are, they certainly arent doing it correctly, as you can count on one hand the players on their roster under the age of 25.
BTW, childish insults just show your own ignorance.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Columbus needs a lot more than Robert Thomas to go from a 66-point team to a winning team next year.
Right. They need to remain healthy to see if the actual progress they started to show in the 2nd half was real or just a brief blip. They need to have the year of development actually blossom into another year of better play. I get that Columbus can be the punching bag given the shit show they have been the last two years, but this team actually does have talent, just not experience. They lost the most games in the NHL when leading in the 3rd period. They were not getting blown out and spend the last 6 weeks with an AHL roster due to injuies (back to back years of awful luck).

So, yes, they do need more than Thomas but most of that should be from within. They don't need to get younger.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad