Pre-Game Talk: Columbus-Panthers 2/1/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Why exactly did Dale draft Gudbranson over Johansen again?

Oh, ya cause he's a character. I almost forgot.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
MacKinnon nets his 19th last night and we were a stupid lottery ball away from picking him. He's on pace for 30 in his first season. Just constantly shaking my head. If I have to watch us struggle yet again in 2015, then watch some lucky team draft "Better than Crosby" at the BB&T center, then I may have to take a break from being a fan of this team. That would be in the final nail in this coffin.

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
MacKinnon nets his 19th last night and we were a stupid lottery ball away from picking him. He's on pace for 30 in his first season. Just constantly shaking my head. If I have to watch us struggle yet again in 2015, then watch some lucky team draft "Better than Crosby" at the BB&T center, then I may have to take a break from being a fan of this team. That would be in the final nail in this coffin.

Yeah... we ended up with that loser kid from Finland, Barkov I think his name is? Man oh man has he been absolutely crap for us. :sarcasm: (Sarcasm INTENDED).
Seriously, both Barkov and MacKinnon will be great players... I doubt MacK would've been on pace for 30 goals on the Panthers, but hey, who knows.

Anyways, haven't been able to watch games for quite some time now, new work schedule and all. But gonna catch this one, hopefully it'll be a good one.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

He also cost the Avs a goal last night. Offensively he is great but pretty average defensively. It's not all as sweet with him as it may seem looking at the numbers.

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013

Yes, Nathan Mackinnon instantly makes us a playoff team...

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I too fantasize about drafting McDavid. But I don't think there is a way to get a chance to do it without suffering through another terrible season. And I'd rather not do that.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I too fantasize about drafting McDavid. But I don't think there is a way to get a chance to do it without suffering through another terrible season. And I'd rather not do that.

Even then there's no guarantee we'd get the 1st pick. Ex. 2013 draft.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
People still have hope for the playoffs? I mean, really? 10 points out of the last wild card spot with 28 games left. It's over. I understand being an optimistic fan, but thinking there's a chance at the playoffs at this point is just being blind.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
People still have hope for the playoffs? I mean, really? 10 points out of the last wild card spot with 28 games left. It's over. I understand being an optimistic fan, but thinking there's a chance at the playoffs at this point is just being blind.

Why do you care if people choose to believe?

I know many fans that won't quit till they are mathematically eliminated.

Insulting them doesn't help anyone.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
People can believe whatever they want. I believe that people who think the playoffs are still a possibility are only setting themselves up for disappointment. At some point people have to come to grips with reality and just watch the team because they enjoy watching hockey instead of thinking they can still make the playoffs. If people really think the Panthers can still make the playoffs, that is their prerogative. I will continue to watch because I like hockey and I want to see how the young players progress.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Why exactly did Dale draft Gudbranson over Johansen again?

Oh, ya cause he's a character. I almost forgot.

don't forget about Cam Fowler. He's the #1 defensman on the best team in the NHL and already made team USA. at 22 years old.

i've been saying it since the draft, but we're going to regret that pick for a looooooooooooong time.

MacKinnon may be better than Barkov, but discussing that is pointless since we didn't have the choice between those 2. Barkov looks like a stud, too regardless.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
don't forget about Cam Fowler. He's the #1 defensman on the best team in the NHL and already made team USA. at 22 years old.

i've been saying it since the draft, but we're going to regret that pick for a looooooooooooong time.

MacKinnon may be better than Barkov, but discussing that is pointless since we didn't have the choice between those 2. Barkov looks like a stud, too regardless.

Yup. I too was against the pick at the time. Gudbranson I'm sure is a great dude but we lost out that draft.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
i dont think people realize who gudbranson was seen as...

he was a big mean machine that developped greatly offensively in his draft year. he's a great leader and frankly, gudbranson had that shoulder injury that hurt him A LOT since he couldnt build on his ridiculously good playoff series

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
It's crazy to think we could of had Fowler /Johansen, Bjugstad and Coyle.

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
People can believe whatever they want. I believe that people who think the playoffs are still a possibility are only setting themselves up for disappointment. At some point people have to come to grips with reality and just watch the team because they enjoy watching hockey instead of thinking they can still make the playoffs. If people really think the Panthers can still make the playoffs, that is their prerogative. I will continue to watch because I like hockey and I want to see how the young players progress.

So did people who thought the 1980 US hockey team would win gold set themselves up for disappointment?

Benched

Jan 2, 2007

Why will we regret it? Because he didn't develop right away? Please. Guy could surely still become a great player. All that is gonna help him is experience and playing with linemates who don't drag him down.

Sure as hell glad PH had him playing with Jovo then benched him.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

Perfect!

See how nice life is when you remove being judgmental??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad