Proposal: Columbus / Ottawa - Chabot for Werenski

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I would take Werenski in a heartbeat over Chabot, so CBJs say no… if not, Werenski with his NMC says no.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I feel like ottawa fans are consistently laying into Chabot being brutal and have zero jump to his game

They’ve watched him the most.

I don't love him by any means, but it's all relative to salary (and the expectations that go along with that). If he was making 15.000 he'd be labeled the worst player in the entire NHL by some, where as he'd be 'untouchable' if he made 1.500

Realistically, he's overpaid by ~2.000

Columbus says no either way. Chabot holds little to no value at his current salary IMO.

Reactions: bert

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Chabot is not looking very good this year. This is ominous for Ottawa since he is signed to a long and high-cap-hit contract. Werenski on the other hand is a stud and his long contract is attractive, not negative, because of it.

So, the answer is Columbus. Columbus says no. And Werenski probably doesn't want to go to Canada either, so he says no too.

This is a bad proposal, because it's likely one that is not made in good faith. The OP thinks Chabot is a struggling player he'd like to dump, as his posts about the player attest, and the OP also thinks that Werenski is great.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Not sure what year it is that were calling Werenski a stud

Everytime i watch cbj he seems to get burned doing dumb shit. like this, trying to carry or pass the puck in fornt his goal.

maybe he's up with the team and trying to do too much but its bad

Reactions: Napoli

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Columbus says no here Werenski has been the better player.

However I do think that whoever does trade for Chabot is going to like him alot more than Hfer's try to suggest. But that's what this board is all about. The mindset that trashing a player will create leverage to get said player for nothing. Which is hilarious because no one here has any impact on any roster decisions. Chabots raw talent is undeniable, he needs more consistency but he has had his moments this year where you 'see it'. This is definitely one of those situations where the player needs a change of scenery. When they do they likely break out and look like the player they were projected to be or actually can be.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00