Rumor: Columbus "listening" on offers for Anisimov

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
:deadhorse I give myself a dead horse because I've said this many times but I don't think Arty is going to be re-signed for many reasons:

-He is going to want 5-6 years and 4.5 mill + to sign. That would give us him plus Foligno, Hartnell, Dubi, Joey & Jenner locked up for the next 4 -6 years at big bucks (with the exception of Jenner). I don't see the FO being that enamored with that top 6 to lock it up for that long.

-We need a space for Wennberg. Forget the he has to earn it stuff, in the eyes of the staff he already has

Hopefully Milano and/or Bjorkstrand will be able to fill a spot on the top 6.
Don't forget Dano and maybe Rychel.

That being said I'd love to see him here next year but I wouldn't mind him being traded before next year's trade deadline if the return is what we really need.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I like Artie a lot. but with all teh young forwards in our system and all the forwards currently signed long term, I do not think there is room for a long term deal for Artie and ice time for Weenberg, Dano, Rychel, Milano, etc. if the offer is good now, you trade him.

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Agree with Espen and EDM. Would love to keep Artie but he is the odd man out with the up and coming forwards and his next deal. I can see him being moved at the TDL for the right deal. Otherwise, I think he will be gone at the draft.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Agree with all of the posts on this page so far. I would like to keep him, but it just doesn't make sense to.

thebus2288*

Holy hell, 2nd best offensive player? By player I'm assuming you mean forward. If your statement were true (which it isn't) that would speak very poorly of the franchise. AA is a fine 2-way 2nd line center, but he's an insanely streaky player that produces at a 3rd line pace.

Dubinsky and Jenner are just as good, probably better, although Dubinsky is a bit more of a player maker is AA is more of a goal scorer.

Hartnell is clearly far more productive and Atkinson is just as accomplished of a goal scorer.

AA is a fine player but you can't back up your claim. I don't understand where we come up with this stuff.

Obviously forward.:shakehead Offensive skill? The combo of all offensive traits(passing, skating, shooting, puck control, "IQ") Artem Anisimov is our 2nd (maybe 3rd) most skilled forward. The only other person you could argue for that 2nd spot is Foligno. Its pretty crazy what most of you had to say about resigning him too up till bout 3 months ago. He was another guy many thought we should move for an "upgrade" or even just to make room. Room for prospect(s) who are nowhere NEAR the level of anything or to save an extra 500k for that big RW upgrade ya'll keep talking about. Retrospect eh? While Jenner and Dubi aren't THAT much "worse", they aren't on Arty's level offensively. On any given shift or game both guys(Dubi especially) can be well more impactful on the ice. I can say the same thing about AA in comparison to them. And that means nothing about their offensive abilities. Remember that I also believe, and have for 2+ years, that Dubi and Foligno are more important or valuable to this team then "the $10 million man". Does that mean they're more skilled than Johansen or AA?... no it doesn't. How do you think AA would look, and how many points he would put up on the wing with a Foligno/Dubi or Foligno/Johan line? And this is all without bringing up how good he really is defensively and just how much he truly affects our center depth.

:deadhorse I give myself a dead horse because I've said this many times but I don't think Arty is going to be re-signed for many reasons:

-He is going to want 5-6 years and 4.5 mill + to sign. That would give us him plus Foligno, Hartnell, Dubi, Joey & Jenner locked up for the next 4 -6 years at big bucks (with the exception of Jenner). I don't see the FO being that enamored with that top 6 to lock it up for that long.

-We need a space for Wennberg. Forget the he has to earn it stuff, in the eyes of the staff he already has

That being said I'd love to see him here next year but I wouldn't mind him being traded before next year's trade deadline if the return is what we really need.

Many reasons? 1-That is the same exact thing people would post before Foligno was resigned. You threw in Jenner's name just to inflate the number while admitting he shouldn't be there right after haha. And remember these guys would be split up among 3 lines not 2. Plenty of room for people to prove they deserve a spot or icetime. None of the "top" prospects have a game that's similar to Anisimov. Wennberg is probably the closest, but without going into it deep, lets just say he's YEARS away from being as impactful or as good as Arty at ANYTHING. Even "IQ" and "playmaking".

And please, 1(!) example of a realistic trade or return that would take care of "what we really need". No Eberle or Eriksson.

I like Artie a lot. but with all teh young forwards in our system and all the forwards currently signed long term, I do not think there is room for a long term deal for Artie and ice time for Weenberg, Dano, Rychel, Milano, etc. if the offer is good now, you trade him.

Like what kind of offer?

These 4 rookies are not going to all be on the same team within 4 years. #1 we're the youngest team in the league right now!! #2 Who else are you moving off the team to add all these rookies?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

A lot of what you said is probably right. But here's my two cents. I fear that we will trade me some off for a third rounder second round pick. Then we have to hope that pick manifests into a useful player. Of the players you cite above,Wennberg, Rychel, Dano are all betting on the come. Maybe they'll be good maybe they won't. I do know Arty is pretty good. What I would like probably can't happen. That is for three or four years of 3M to 3.5M dollars per year. Fools gold,likely.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
A lot of what you said is probably right. But here's my two cents. I fear that we will trade me some off for a third rounder second round pick. Then we have to hope that pick manifests into a useful player. Of the players you cite above,Wennberg, Rychel, Dano are all betting on the come. Maybe they'll be good maybe they won't. I do know Arty is pretty good. What I would like probably can't happen. That is for three or four years of 3M to 3.5M dollars per year. Fools gold,likely.

I agree that the bolded would be ideal. As you point out its not going to happen.

Moe, I think we are contemporaries but I have no idea what "trade me some off" means. Is it something I missed coming through the years or are you just ahead of me in picking up on the latest hip phrase? :laugh:

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
While I wouldnt expect another year of injuries like we had this year, injuries happen every year, especially if you play a physical style of hockey....depth is not a bad thing. Unless they have a back up option, we cant go trading away our legit NHL players. Most of our prospects are fill in worthy, but not full time worthy. If youre trading Arty, there better be an NHL winger coming back in return.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
While I wouldnt expect another year of injuries like we had this year, injuries happen every year, especially if you play a physical style of hockey....depth is not a bad thing. Unless they have a back up option, we cant go trading away our legit NHL players. Most of our prospects are fill in worthy, but not full time worthy. If youre trading Arty, there better be an NHL winger coming back in return.

This year i agree the return has to be pretty substantial. Next year as an impending UFA the return won't be as great. So while he definitely is a plus for next season I think you have to look at the long term in deciding what to do with him. Re-sign him, trade him now (or in the off-season) or gamble on next year. And then next year is complicated by the distinct possibility we will be in playoff contention at the deadline and may not be willing to give Arty up then. Tough situation.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I don't get all the fuzz about Wennberg. The guy is a center and has zero defensive game. You can't let a guy like Anisimov go to "make room" for an unproven rookie

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I would imagine that they'll listen to proposals regarding anyone but Bob and Joey, including AA, Jenner, Murray, Wennberg, and Savard. There is no cost in listening. The only player apparently being shopped is Wiz, and I'm not totally convinced that's a valid assessment. We'll know in a few days, anyway.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't get all the fuzz about Wennberg. The guy is a center and has zero defensive game. You can't let a guy like Anisimov go to "make room" for an unproven rookie

Give the guy a chance to grow a man's beard. he's only 20 or so. :sarcasm: :laugh:

Tairy

May 11, 2014

I couldn't disagree more, while coming into the season he may have been average defensively. Now he is one of our best defensive forwards and playing on the penalty kill. There is a reason he has a roster spot over rychel, dano, Anderson and the rest of them and I certianly don't think it's because he has put up about 10 pts on the season. Next game pay attention to his positioning and awareness on the ice and also how well he poke checks and uses his stick on defense. Just because he is a -20 something doesn't mean he's a bad defensive player. He has played on every single line and been bounced around quite a bit. I think his plus minus has a little bit to do with the fact that he hasn't quite clicked offensively, not to say he hasn't shown flashes of high end talent. I wouldn't be surprised to hear his name in the selke convo in 3-5 years.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014

As die hard fan (altough I'm "youngster" here) I can answer...No, We can let and We can suck again and again :laugh::laugh: Yee we like asymmetrical sucking, we like investing in loserment,self suicidality:laugh: Yes, we ready to watch Wennberg development 2-3 years more here, Swedish rising star (?), but probably his right " room" is AHL, no? We are ready to trade Wiz our RHD,sure our HCTR is young Babcock, Detroit is good without RHDs and we ll be fine :laugh::laugh: Trade them all for picks and Kill Jackets!

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I agree that the bolded would be ideal. As you point out its not going to happen.

Moe, I think we are contemporaries but I have no idea what "trade me some off" means. Is it something I missed coming through the years or are you just ahead of me in picking up on the latest hip phrase? :laugh:

First of all I'm sorry to hear that you think we are contemporaries. That makes you old, too. :)

As to my hip phrases, I once again was undermined by my voice recognition program which apparently is not CBJ hip. Anisimov is apparently "me some off" in its brain, and I didn't have the brains to proof it. :dunce:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Obviously forward.:shakehead Offensive skill? The combo of all offensive traits(passing, skating, shooting, puck control, "IQ") Artem Anisimov is our 2nd (maybe 3rd) most skilled forward. The only other person you could argue for that 2nd spot is Foligno.

You switch from "best" to "most skilled". Not very precise analysis. You are all over the place to be honest. AA has a great shot. He's also a 20 goal scorer and produces at a 3rd line pace, meaning he's the best of play makers. Dubinsky is clearly a better playmaker and his just as good of a defensive player - actually better. There is a reason that Dubinsky is the second line center and not AA. Not just on this team, but on multiple. AA is ready to move up the the second line.

Your analysis is very debatable and you have no stats to back it up. Start looking at advanced stats to see if they support what you say.

From simply observation, he's a good two-way forward with very good shot on the breakaway. He's hard-nosed. He's a pretty good defensive forward and plays pretty well in two zones; although I'm not completely sold with his neutral zone play.

If he's "better" than a guy like Jenner, it's not by much. You shake your head/roll your eyes/whatever. Still doesn't make your opinion any more or less valid.

Now if you want to discuss whether we should trade him or not, I'll cool with that. If you are stating that we shouldn't because he's our 2nd best or most skilled forward (or whatever you want to change it to now); I'm not cool with that. It's nothing but man-crush with no tangible way to support your opinion. Randomly bolding words, a couple didn't make sense by the way, doesn't increase the validity of your claims either.

I tried to read the rest of your post; but to be honest I'm not sure who you were talking to or what the point was. All that stuff about re-signing, not idea where you were going with that. I'll state it again. AA is ready to move up to 2nd line center; he's not going to move up the depth chart. I think it would be good for his career if we moved him to a team in which he could move up the depth chart. I'm also not in a hurry for the team to spend 4.5-5 million on who would be a 3rd line center on this team.

If the team can get him down to 3.75-4 million; I'm good with that as long as he is. That is still a lot of money. He's 26 and it would be good, for him, to get more ice time with another team, higher up in the lineup, and maybe earn a bigger contract than if he stayed here. Next season is huge for him.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The guy is a center and has zero defensive game.

Not sure letting go of AA makes all that much difference in the context of Wennberg. Wennberg is, obviously, slated for top six play.

I did what to comment on this. Zero defensive game? Not accurate.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
First of all I'm sorry to hear that you think we are contemporaries. That makes you old, too. :)

As to my hip phrases, I once again was undermined by my voice recognition program which apparently is not CBJ hip. Anisimov is apparently "me some off" in its brain, and I didn't have the brains to proof it. :dunce:

What's a voice recognition program? :sarcasm::laugh:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
You switch from "best" to "most skilled". Not very precise analysis. You are all over the place to be honest. AA has a great shot. He's also a 20 goal scorer and produces at a 3rd line pace, meaning he's the best of play makers. Dubinsky is clearly a better playmaker and his just as good of a defensive player - actually better. There is a reason that Dubinsky is the second line center and not AA. Not just on this team, but on multiple. AA is ready to move up the the second line.

Your analysis is very debatable and you have no stats to back it up. Start looking at advanced stats to see if they support what you say.

From simply observation, he's a good two-way forward with very good shot on the breakaway. He's hard-nosed. He's a pretty good defensive forward and plays pretty well in two zones; although I'm not completely sold with his neutral zone play.

If he's "better" than a guy like Jenner, it's not by much. You shake your head/roll your eyes/whatever. Still doesn't make your opinion any more or less valid.

Now if you want to discuss whether we should trade him or not, I'll cool with that. If you are stating that we shouldn't because he's our 2nd best or most skilled forward (or whatever you want to change it to now); I'm not cool with that. It's nothing but man-crush with no tangible way to support your opinion. Randomly bolding words, a couple didn't make sense by the way, doesn't increase the validity of your claims either.

I'm not at all opposed to moving Asinimov. I think he's the odd man out at center due to compensation-much of this due to a recently botched negotiation which I won't go into. It would be nice to have 3 solid centers signed long term going forward and let the prospects sort themselves out and make a trade if the CBJ find themselves to have an excess of quality centers. But, I don't think it's going to work out that way.

Speaking of "not very precise analysis", let's look a yours. It's not any more "precise" than the bus2288s. In fact, it's rife with inaccuracy.

Asinimov is a 20 goal scorer. Do you know what that means in any context? Obviously not. AAs 22 goals in 13-14 placed him in a tie for 30th among all NHL centers. He also outpaced Dubinski 22-16.

His 11 goals in 12-13 also placed him in a tie for 30th among all NHL scorers. He outpaced Dubinski 11-2.

AA has produced at the bottom level of FIRST LINE centers in goal scoring over his last 2 full seasons. So, you're only two slots off on your "3rd line center" analysis on this point:laugh: In fact, if one were to break his goal scoring down for either ES or TOI, he'd probably be near the top 20 in goals for centers....which would be very solidly in FIRST LINE territory.

Obviously, AA doesn't slot on the CBJ as a first liner.

In 13-14, he ranked 4th on the CBJ (3rd among centers)at 1.91 points produced per 60 minutes 5 vs 5. In 12-13, he was first on the CBJ (of all players) at 2.25 in this category.

He's not "the best of the playmakers". He's worse statistically than Johansen and Dubinski in assists by any measure I can find. Some of this might be due to quality of linemates, some of it might be due to PP time. I'm not going to break it down, but it's pretty clear that playmaking is the category in which AA lags relative to Dubinski, not goal scoring.

You made some reference (with no fact presented at all) to "looking at advanced stats". Perhaps you can make your case with these, because you certainly didn't with what you presented.

Last edited:

MrKelso

Feb 26, 2015
Grove City
I don't see trading a guy of his size and production unless we're going to get a proven, productive player in return, whether it be at forward or a defender. I like Anisimov but if they feel they can move him for a more steady (as in consistent) player, than by all means please do so. It's going to be tough keeping five or six guys locked into a long term deal anyway.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
No talk of signing Letestu. So looks like he could be gone. It would be a mistake to get rid of Artie and Letestu at the same time.

For some reason, however, it seems the FO went from stability and no major moves at teh deadline, to suddenly considering a mini-rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad